Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Sod the money, give it to Joyce for all I care...Mark Ronson wrecked that song! It sounds vile!

It's tricky. Both the men who wrote the song really liked the Ronson/Merriweather version, so who's to say it's true worth.
I just heard it as a whole new song, with no prior associations. Judged on that basis it was a juicy pop single.

The sun newspaper today has a picture of some strange looking birds feeding, and the pun reads 'heron knows we're miserable now'

They also give bona drag 4.5 out of 5

Someone on the 08:30 London Paddington to Swansea train had This Charmig Man has their ringtone.

speaking of mark ronson , i just happened that i watched X-factor this tuesday
(show is new here: first season in germany imported ) as there is one interesting fella who has a unique experience and chooses more indieish songs(muse, etc)..so in the hope that he sings a smiths song , i was pretty surprised that actually the more slick italian more mainstream guy actually did sing stop me if you think you've heard this one before in the battle cause he was close to getting kicked out.
song was choosen by him not the people of the show..but in the end he added the "keep me hanging on" part so it was clear he sang and prob.know only the ronson version

i dont know if the videos work outside germany on the channel homepage where it was shown..or if its similar to bbc player who doesnt work for us outside Uk either
http://www.vox.de/video/index/anzei...084/playlist/323/headline/Pino Severino singt

then this site a german youtube
http://www.clipfish.de/special/rtl-news/video/3407670/pino-severino-singt-stop-me/

youtube has only the audio version of pinos performance
cause of the rights conc showing tv shows
so the audio is up: just type in pino severino and stop me at youtube
if youre really bothered to hear it...

is that the first time one sings a smiths/morrissey song in a casting show? i wonder(or even the coverversions) i wonder since his popularity is so much diff and bigger outside germany(Uk etc) if that ever happened?

i normally dont watch these casting shows, one which i avoid like the plague is our "German idol"...its all over the media and press like nothign else matters..huh?
..funny thing is that the peopel in the "jury" dont know/understand nothing about music...

Last edited:
:rofl:

Ahaha!!
Channel 4 just showed a trailer of a film 'Looking for Eric' directed by Ken Loach.
It will be on 10th October the trailer is featuring This Charming Man.

I'm pretty sure some Man City fans are furious!

Haha, Kewpie :)

That film is very good, though. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

:rofl:

Ahaha!!
Channel 4 just showed a trailer of a film 'Looking for Eric' directed by Ken Loach.
It will be on 10th October the trailer is featuring This Charming Man.

I'm pretty sure some Man City fans are furious!

Why would Man City fans be furious:confused:

I said some Man City fans, but you think it's a swipe at a paticular person.

Oh well, some football supporters are very much like you which make me really put off the sport itself.

good job all morrissey fans aren't like you then as we'd all be put off him:thumb:

I was in a Cath Kidston shop yesterday looking for a birthday present for my mum and trying to work out shoe sizes when 'Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others' started playing. :D

Not unexpected but Paul McCloone, Today fm radio, Ireland, is now playing The Last of the Famous International Playboys. :thumb:

Watching a Roy Hallady (Phillies pitcher) video on youtube, the first recommended video was the Morrissey single "roy's skin" :rolleyes:

:squiffy:

That is a remarkably good song for Halladay though. He definietly held it steady until he let it go, the Reds didn't stand a chance.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom