Strange/unexpected Moz references?

One of the two new tracks on Robbie Williams' latest greatest hits album is a song, co-written with Gary Barlow, called 'Heart and I'.
We all know how RW worships Morrissey :)rolleyes:): Possible nod to 'Come Back To Camden'?
Here's the latter half of the lyrics ~

"And I don't feel myself again
I thought I'd be fixed by now
Walking through the horizon
I find myself back here somehow
Give me something to die for
Or design a quiet mind
Something to like mankind for
Cause we don't lie my heart and I
Will I ever feel that waking
Make it as a lullaby
Don't ask me to explain again
I can't lie to my heart and I
And I don't feel myself again
Give me something to die
Or design a quiet mind
My heart and I
My heart and I
I've been feeling so lonely
Feeling so low
So low I almost let go"

Hmmm...maybe not.

Don Lett's has just played He knows...on 6music. so he obviously doesn't think t'old lad's vile:D
On a slightly less joyous note for the first time in about 4 yrs. I've heard that weird crumpling noise that digital radio stns make when the reception ain't too good. :tears:

I am reading "Fallen" by Lauren Kate and in the one part the girl and this guy are having a picnic in a cemetery. The girl is joking about having a picnic in the cemetery and the guy says, "I know it's no Eden here, but just pretend we're in a Smiths song." I am really not liking the book though.

Morrissey on only fools and horses

Just watching the episode, Rodney come home and during an argument between Rodney and Cassandra, Rodney starts reading a magazine and who is on the front...our Moz!

Never realised this before and never seen anybody else post this on here

The picture is the one of Moz kicking the football in the air

Last edited:
Re: Morrissey on only fools and horses

4419932545_d0d151460f_z.jpg

:o

Watching the Football League show, a profile on the glorious mercenary Swede Sven Goran Erikkson who is the new manager of Leicester City and, shock horror, the familiar riff and warble of This Charming Man used as the musical accompaniment...

Of course the match itself ended in a draw.

Most of the people are listening to Breakfast with the Smiths, I suppose.

Today's Jarvis' Sunday Service on BBC 6 Music around 17:43 interview of Lesley of SLC was broadcasted.
Just before the interview he played 'Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others'.

You can listen again from iPlayer.

My internet connection suddenly crashed after 17:00, few minutes ago it has been recovered.

Last edited:
The BBC movie about Beau Brummell is called "This Charming Man" and indeed they play the Smiths song during the end credits.
Of course it is widely known that Beau Brummell drove a charming car.

How Soon Is Now used at Britain's Next Top Model Live

Last weekend, Britain's Next Top Model Live took place at London's ExCel.

As part of the catwalk show that formed the centrepiece to the event, one segment was soundtracked by How Soon Is Now. Ostensibly the single version, although it was slightly f*cked with towards the end in a sort of DJ mix stylee.

How do I know this? Because I was dragged along.

That is all. Goodnight.

On a report in the Norwegian evening news about graffiti, or 'tagging' as they love to call it...

Today's BBC 6 Music Steve Lamacq's 'Good Day, Bad Day' slot (16:50ish), a guy called Mick was talking about Smiths. Very cliched (Morrissey is for being miserable, but Johnny Marr is a cool guitarist) comments made me cringe.

His choice of the song is Mercury Rev though.

Two, for today:

First off, a new Nintendo/Wii type game in which you're a hair stylist. Yes, it's called "Busy Scissors." Guess what happens if you lose? Fwoosh! :rolleyes:

Secondly, yesterday I interviewed a candidate for an administrative position in my office. She had worked for Girlie Action (Morrissey's PR agent) for some time, and nonchalantly name-dropped Our Man in the interview... "Yes, we had very high-level clients... Third Eye Blind, you know, The Smiths, Morrissey..."

No, she never met him. He never came into the NY office while she was there. I knew you'd ask... :D

One of the two new tracks on Robbie Williams' latest greatest hits album is a song, co-written with Gary Barlow, called 'Heart and I'.
We all know how RW worships Morrissey :)rolleyes:): Possible nod to 'Come Back To Camden'?
Here's the latter half of the lyrics ~

"And I don't feel myself again
Give me something to die for
Or design a quiet mind
Will I ever feel that waking
Make it as a lullaby
Don't ask me to explain again
I can't lie to my heart and I
And I don't feel myself again
Give me something to die
Or design a quiet mind
My heart and I
My heart and I
I've been feeling so lonely
Feeling so low
So low I almost let go"

Hmmm...maybe not.

That was awful. I mean really awful

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Just watching to buy or not to buy on bbc1 and on the 3rd house the janglings of hand in glove were played over the top

Q&A in the Saturday Guardian, author David Mitchell slides in a couple of Moz references:

Aside from a property, what's the most expensive thing you've bought?
Our secondhand VW. I know, the last of the great Euro-American playboys.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
"Frankly, Mr Shankly."

Dave

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom