Strange/unexpected Moz references?

there is a Meat is Murder poster in Transformer 2: Revenge of the Fallen.

LOL, am I going to have to watch that piece of crap now? What time in the movie is it?

The poster is in Shia's bedroom @ his parents house.So its in the 1st hr & when those robots start to blow stuff up.

'Panic' used on BBC radio 4

This morning, BBC radio 4's 'Today' programme used the opening lines of 'Panic', (which bizarrely sounded as though Morrissey and co. were down a well), to introduce a discussion involving John Harris on the anarchist riot yesterday in London. I think the BBC man Justin Webb said something like "Those Were the Days" after the Smiths snippet. Of course he was wrong on two counts. "Those were the days" was by Mary Hopkin. And those were The Smiths not The Days;)

Last edited:
'How Soon Is Now' playing at length during the 'wake', of sorts, for Jack Duckworth in the Rover's Return in last nights 'Coronation Street'. I think Jack would've preferred some Matt Munro but never mind eh...

'How Soon Is Now' playing at length during the 'wake', of sorts, for Jack Duckworth in the Rover's Return in last nights 'Coronation Street'. I think Jack would've preferred some Matt Munro but never mind eh...

That jukebox was always a bone of contention.:lbf:

I watched that and I never noticed it.
I'll have to watch it again.

Listening to todays Radio 5live review for the new vampire film Let Me In which is a remake of Let the right one in
The wonderful be-quiffed Mark Kermode has just mentioned the original book/film was named after the Moz song Let the right one slip in (obvs, but nice to hear one hero mention the other...)

One of the IT Crowd's character's name - Maurice Moss - rings familiar.
Also the boss visits a concert of "The Ordinary Boys" whose name was taken from... well.

On He knows I'd like to see him Morrissey says: "You want to turn it on its head / By staying in bed!". Well, I was talking to friend 'bout this song and we noticed that Oasis' Don't look back in anger has a line which resembles it: "Gonna start a revolution from bed". Although the lines have different words they have almost the same meaning.

Don't look back in anger has a line which resembles it: "Gonna start a revolution from bed". Although the lines have different words they have almost the same meaning.

I think that's a reference to John Lennon and Yoko Ono, though I could be wrong because Noel Gallagher is a big Morrissey fan.

I think that's a reference to John Lennon and Yoko Ono, though I could be wrong because Noel Gallagher is a big Morrissey fan.

It may be a reference 'bout both of them.
I didn't remember John and Yoko. Good memory, friend.

Last edited:
Why is it so strange and unexpected to hear the Smiths on the radio? Sad. Anyway, the local radio station is doing a thing on covers, bad and otherwise, and Matt Pinfield has followed up Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah with Golden Lights!

And cut it short... :(

Went to see the coral in Leeds last night, they played what she said just before they came on and then near the end of the concert they played a couple of cover songs, to which someone shouted, The Smiths, to which a chorus of Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey rang out for about 10 seconds by a section of the crowd

Went to see the coral in Leeds last night, they played what she said just before they came on and then near the end of the concert they played a couple of cover songs, to which someone shouted, The Smiths, to which a chorus of Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey rang out for about 10 seconds by a section of the crowd

I love stories like this. Did The Coral react to the chants?

I love stories like this. Did The Coral react to the chants?

Yeah skelly said, "unfortunately it's not the smiths, but another of our favourite bands The Beatles"

Me and my mates were surprised as we have never heard the coral say they were fans of Moz/the smiths

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom