Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Catching up on the new BBC comedy, This Time With Alan Partridge and just finished episode 3. Alan Partridge (played by Steve Coogan) did a segment on veganism, during which he name-dropped Morrissey accompanied by an image of Gary Rhodes. I'm not sure if there's a link that I don't get or if the randomness of the association was the actual joke.
there used to be a good photo of M and steve coogan on here,both looking very relaxed just sitting in a bar in Hollywood on a sunny day,steves always done an impersonation of M in things like the trip.new series isn't as good as his other alan partridge stuff and sidekick simon and lynn are very underused.

I absolutely love that guy,if it was a spoof it wouldn't be that good but it looks totally genuine,the big man really cannot sing,but I find it hilarious,long may he continue to brighten the internet with his terrible singing.
I’ve watched a few of his videos and it does seem to be his own special gift. Hopefully he’ll get back to more Smiths and Morrissey. His Strokes Last Night is really something. I’ll post it over in the YouTube thread so as not to go off topic.

Watching Jeopardy and Morrissey is one of the questions. Just thought I'd let you all know. I thought it was cool.

Jeopardy?

Morrissey is now household name famous.

:thumb:

somebodies done a runner with steves last can of lager,no wonder hes pissed.
looks like famous has lost his sense of humur,thats if he ever had one.

looks like famous has lost his sense of humur,thats if he ever had one.
Accidental press whilst using phone (the point at which you touch the screen to scroll up sometimes registers as a 'press' on the ratings buttons - done far too many times without realising).
There's no evidence I ever had any humour though :)
FWD.

I don't know why the song wasn't used in the first place but when the film came out a year or so ago, I noticed they seemed to be avoiding any association at all with Steve (not mentioning him at all in interviews etc.). It was soon after he'd made his most toxic/idiotic comments and I guess Jo Brand just wanted (understandably) to distance herself completely from him and them, having previously been a massive fan.
Awkward.
I really hope Steve has learned from his massive errors of judgement in the last 18 months but we'll see soon enough with the new concerts and any accompanying interviews.

I don't know why the song wasn't used in the first place but when the film came out a year or so ago, I noticed they seemed to be avoiding any association at all with Steve (not mentioning him at all in interviews etc.). It was soon after he'd made his most toxic/idiotic comments and I guess Jo Brand just wanted (understandably) to distance herself completely from him and them, having previously been a massive fan.
Awkward.
I really hope Steve has learned from his massive errors of judgement in the last 18 months but we'll see soon enough with the new concerts and any accompanying interviews.
Who’s Steve ?

I was watching SportsCenter awhile back and the announcer was doing a basketball game. He said that some player (i forget which team he was on) was to his team "like Johnny Marr was to The Smiths." That was freakin' awesome! :D

And last week I was at a mall in Sandusky and they played "Suedehead" over the PA system. That struck me as both strange and unexpected. It came right after "With Arms Wide Open" by Creed (seriously).

Correct.;)

it was the player that instead of making the easy point kicked the :basketball:
into the stand and lost the game. Classic :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft::roundpushpin:

:lbf:

Accidental press whilst using phone (the point at which you touch the screen to scroll up sometimes registers as a 'press' on the ratings buttons - done far too many times without realising).
There's no evidence I ever had any humour though :)
FWD.
sorry famous,knew it wasn't like you.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom