Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Picture from when Morrissey crashed Linda Ramone's party back in August 2018.

307e22bda45442debc67945f0494d516.jpg

The new Adam Curtis six-parter on iplayer (Can't get you out of my Head) uses a strange yet beautiful cover of There is a Light that Never Goes Out in, I think, the fourth episode, to archive footage of China/Chinese women dancing.

It seems to be called "The Light 3000" by Shneider or something like that.

Interesting to hear Moz/The Smiths in amongst Curtis's usual picks of Roger Eno/Burial/Aphex Twin and, my own absolute favourites, Stars of the Lid.

Last edited:

Link to better quality version:

Link to better quality version:

Glancing at the replies to SS, í see the current curiously popular phenomenon of twit Smiths fans eagerly over-emphasising just how it's ALL ABOUT THE GUITARS. And the DRUMS. And...NOTHING ELSE. La La La La...

:ha-no:

The new Adam Curtis six-parter on iplayer (Can't get you out of my Head) uses a strange yet beautiful cover of There is a Light that Never Goes Out in, I think, the fourth episode, to archive footage of China/Chinese women dancing.

It seems to be called "The Light 3000" by Shneider or something like that.

Interesting to hear Moz/The Smiths in amongst Curtis's usual picks of Roger Eno/Burial/Aphex Twin and, my own absolute favourites, Stars of the Lid.
FWD.

Glancing at the replies to SS, í see the current curiously popular phenomenon of twit Smiths fans eagerly over-emphasising just how it's ALL ABOUT THE GUITARS. And the DRUMS. And...NOTHING ELSE. La La La La...

Y E A H.
Thank f*** Street is a decent human being and hasn't jumped on the bandwagon.

Nothing to see hear here.

Poor Moz - that's exactly what he wanted to avoid, people thinking gay writers only write gay things for gay/ally audiences... just because he fancies men doesn't mean he doesn't understand/care about other things.
Oh come on, it's Reddit, it's not serious. I thought it was funny in places. "Can we assume all these sad songs are just about Morrissey being mad at Johnny for being in a relationship with a woman and not with him?" :LOL:

When I look on Twitter, I can't see those replies - has Street deleted them or something?

That Whistle Test clip is the kind of thing that should make Moz & Marr bash their heads together and sort out the 'estrangement'. Stephen Street is such a decent guy.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom