Strange/unexpected Moz references?

In 1989 the search for the new band was getting...tricky... :o

Morrissey Beechmount May 1989.jpg

No context, but the dishevelled quiff is cute.

Morrisseyshairsamessca1991.jpg

Here's an odd one.
Bit too brief to be an article maybe:

BusinessLive: May 13, 2021.

Ex-Uttoxeter racecourse boss goes back to musical roots

David MacDonald, from Hinckley, in Leicestershire, has set up Blue Sky Vinyl – buying and selling vintage records online.

David MacDonald once booked The Smiths – only for the police to turn thousands of fans away.

"He previously booked The Smiths as president of Edge Hill University students’ union – with thousands of students turning up to a 450-capacity venue and having to be kept out by the police – shortly before their famous Top of the Pops performance of This Charming Man in the mid-80s."

Regards,
FWD.

Good interview with Kevin Cummins on his new Britpop book & CD comp.

A few key Moz mentions throughout, including at first & last...

https://louderthanwar.com/various-artists-caught-beneath-the-landslide-interview-kevin-cummins/

"First question: You’ve got 10 music photo-books already under your belt – how did this project come about?

KC: I was unsure about it at first. I’d just done the Morrissey book with Cassell (reviewed by LTW here), and let’s just say it was problematic doing the book at that period when Morrissey was getting a lot of bad press and talking about stuff that, to be quite honest, when he doesn’t live in this country is quite difficult to comprehend. He lost a huge amount of his fanbase here and consequently that hit book sales in the UK – not in America because it sold really well in the States."

"Last question – if you could get six people around a pub table for a chat, dead or alive, who would they be?

Morrissey and Marr, Hooky and Bernard, and Liam and Noel – I’d leave the money on the table and let them sort it all out…"

Good interview with Kevin Cummins on his new Britpop book & CD comp.

A few key Moz mentions throughout, including at first & last...

https://louderthanwar.com/various-artists-caught-beneath-the-landslide-interview-kevin-cummins/

"First question: You’ve got 10 music photo-books already under your belt – how did this project come about?

KC: I was unsure about it at first. I’d just done the Morrissey book with Cassell (reviewed by LTW here), and let’s just say it was problematic doing the book at that period when Morrissey was getting a lot of bad press and talking about stuff that, to be quite honest, when he doesn’t live in this country is quite difficult to comprehend. He lost a huge amount of his fanbase here and consequently that hit book sales in the UK – not in America because it sold really well in the States."

"Last question – if you could get six people around a pub table for a chat, dead or alive, who would they be?

Morrissey and Marr, Hooky and Bernard, and Liam and Noel – I’d leave the money on the table and let them sort it all out…"

It's not Morrissey I find difficult to comprehend - it's the bad press that's completely insane.

Screenshot_20210516-024015~3.png

Bit early for Vegas perhaps...?
FWD.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom