"Studio In Session" featuring Morrissey on Sundance in Canada

I am in Canada and do not have sundance channel...I think I have every other channel but this channel. .....It's on channel 331 for people who have Rogers. It says I have to subscribe in order to record the program... lol

Last edited:
Re: New songs

As far as I know, Boz wrote them all (Scandinavia, Action...Kid's A Looker, Art Hounds) with the exception of "People are the Same Everywhere", which is a Tobias track.

Scandinavia Death Metal-Lite: #Fail!

a brief comment on 'Scandinavia' triggered by David Byrne:

http://journal.davidbyrne.com/2012/08/08172012-perversion-of-intent.html

of course, this is probably what Morrissey is attempting to convey, but it just doesn't work. :rolleyes:
it just isn't good enough.:straightface:

Here's my 'feedback' on the 'Scandinavia' Death Metal demo-debacle:

mel b cornelius.jpg

regards

Mel B.....eeeatch!

As far as I know, Boz wrote them all (Scandinavia, Action...Kid's A Looker, Art Hounds) with the exception of "People are the Same Everywhere", which is a Tobias track.

All of this is correct.

Hey, who knows....such an influx of Boz songs might spell the end of the Tobias era! :D

Jesse seems to be a very slow writer...either that or most of his songs are rejected.

"There is no substitute !" Oh yes there is the guy in the tribute band Smiths indeed is better than Morrissey at being Morrissey !!!
How funny is that.

His new songs all just seem to be a lot of noise and a lot of lalalas and badabdabdas and pretty sophomoric lyrics about a hookup and a song about how he is different than the herd, no kidding he is Morrissey. Like a lot of songs on YOR too they sound just like modern rock filler, nothing like the kind of stuff he did in the early 90's or with the smiths. I am not hating just honestly curious why this is the direction he has taken musically.He has done so much good work that I hate to even call him into question, but compare these to a song like Late Night, Maudlin Street or even a very simple but beautiful song like My Love Life or more recently Let Me Kiss You. Also, all the songs here have no dynamics it is a lot of shrieking guitars and overly aggressive drums. What is he thinking?

His new songs all just seem to be a lot of noise and a lot of lalalas and badabdabdas and pretty sophomoric lyrics about a hookup and a song about how he is different than the herd, no kidding he is Morrissey. Like a lot of songs on YOR too they sound just like modern rock filler, nothing like the kind of stuff he did in the early 90's or with the smiths. I am not hating just honestly curious why this is the direction he has taken musically.He has done so much good work that I hate to even call him into question, but compare these to a song like Late Night, Maudlin Street or even a very simple but beautiful song like My Love Life or more recently Let Me Kiss You. Also, all the songs here have no dynamics it is a lot of shrieking guitars and overly aggressive drums. What is he thinking?

Well, let's see how you like them after you see Morrissey at the Iron Horse Pub on November 28th.

Please! I beg of you! If you don't have something good to say, don't say anything. Every one of these cruel, barbed comments is like a knife to my heart. The pain of reading them is almost overwhelming. I hope and pray Morrissey never gets to see these terrible comments on his art. What else can he do? The World Still Isn't Listening. There's nothing left but to turn up the guitars to 11 and thrash the living daylights out of the drumkit.

'a lot of noise and a lot of lalalas and badabdabdas': is that what you say when you go to a dinner party and your sophisticated hosts are playing some contemporary jazz music?

'what is he thinking?' How can we possibly know how he feels? Were he ever to read these comments he'd get such a shock he'd probably jump in the ocean. Is that what you want? Why do you come here, when you know it makes things hard for Morrissey's fans?

I can't stand this place much more. Too much anger. Too much negativity. Where is the guts to be gentle and kind?

Please don't write any more unkind comments about L.Ron Mozzizzey. We may be a cult but we are harming no one. Leave us be. Leave us in peace!

Goodbye 'Mr Gatsby'.
I'll pray for your dark soul.

regards

My soul is fine but I do appreciate the concern. I love Morrissey and have seen him many times live and love his work. I just feel too much of his new stuff is way too hard rock for his voice/style and is too simple musically. I don't think that requires such an emotional reaction sir. Go listen to Hatful of Hallow and Bona Drag and then listen to these songs, you will see the difference. He has gotten too into the whole fashion thing. Look at his band they look like rejected Calvin Klein models with one fat man who is like their headmaster, but they are not terrible or anything. Just saying his new stuff is a little bit too modern rock. What is funny is it seems like he is trying really hard to be commercial but Your Arsenal and V and I sold a lot better.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom