sub-forum The Pigsty survey

sub-forum The Pigsty survey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bump

It's very worrying that many people who voted "keep the pigsty" still don't understand / appreciate the simple rules.

I'd rather scrap the pigsty because it does not change forum users' behaviour.

I would be very interested in seeing your statistical data on this.

oh, good reason, did you catch any cheaters?
The person I know who uses multiple S/N's on here only voted once with his latest alias so I don't think fraud is that much of an issue.

I would be very interested in seeing your statistical data on this.

NRitH has been given three time outs since the launch of the pigsty.

Robby has been given a time out.

Twelve users got a warning.

Also eight users have been given a time out.

Last edited:

Seven users got a warning.

Also two users have been given a time out.

Are Robbie or NRITH included in the 7 users who were given a warning and are the 2 users that were given a time out regular users.

I don't get this 'greater freedom' thing.

What exactly are people restricted from doing everywhere else? Or is it that the powers that be don't like arguments on the rest of the site? Or is it because some of the worst behaved members are well established and thus above the law so you just hide them away like that illegitimate prince?

The biggest testament to it being a stupid idea is the fact that people continuously feel the need to remind others in there that "we're in The Sty after all" etc.

It's like commiting a crime and using insanity (or stupidity) as a defense.

I basically hate the idea of The Pigsty. Most of the posts would've sat happily in Off-topic before The Pigsty came along, except the ones where people intentionally act like aresholes because "this is The Pigsty"

Now people just use it for the purpose of;

a) posting normal threads in there because it's there

b) posting an argument they don't have to support in a sensible fashion

c) posting views they're worried others won't agree with

In fact it actively encourages people to be contentious.

Perhaps though if it is to stay, it could be renamed The Creche and any sensible threads be moved back to Off-topic, with any adults in there facing accusations of being paedophiles.

Lastly, stupid poll, why so many options? Do you see a box in the election for "Mostly Tory, but a bit Labour". People either want it or don't.

dude, you are making posts with bulleted lists. I think maybe you should take a few deep breaths and relax.
although your comment on the poll was incisive and illuminating.

its true, "the sty" caused me to relapse, but i am better now
21.gif

dude, you are making posts with bulleted lists. I think maybe you should take a few deep breaths and relax.
although your comment on the poll was incisive and illuminating.

Please go and aim your helpful comments at some of the members that have been posting thousand word rants in the Feedback forum, especially in threads about bannings. Same goes to Robby.

I was in favour of the Piggy sty at first, now i am not sure. :confused: It has its good points and its bad points......i dunno......i just dont know.

Pigsty Censorship

Thought the Pity was meant to be "anything goes".
So,why has a thread title been changed there?

Tags
cod came back mmmmm donuts nrith gets it wrong piss and moan robby = solo goddess robby wants to be a brit robby's a tool the robb-sty waste of space robby what about me??????
Back
Top Bottom