sub-forum The Pigsty survey

sub-forum The Pigsty survey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes.

The thing about the pigsty is how incredibly tame it is. I've had more difficult and challenging sparring conversations as a dishwasher in a restaurant with the cooks. It's certainly no FYAD as was the original intent, but it is more interesting than looking at the hair thread. I just think the "bad rap" it gets for being all misfit is sort of like calling a kid bad ass because he's wearing a ramones t shirt. (Incidently I saw a man in a phony ramones thirt the other day that said "romance" instead, very cute. :))

I voted it doesn't really add any difference.
I have posted in there a lot - but the threads are very lame and if honest, most should be moved to off topic. Considering all the *warnings* about entering the place, even Mary Whitehouse (google her if you don't know her;)) wouldn't bother with it:rolleyes:

It's a bit like when CB radios were made legal in the UK. When it was illegal, most people had one. They made it legal and no one bothered.....
So for the first few days people tried so hard to be controversial..... and then back to normal again by the end of the week.

I don't particularily want the site to have a space for abusive no holds barred slanging matches - and apart from Ben Budd and Ellen trading fairly light insults at each other (it's so obvious they are in love:sick:), there is nothing of note to warrent such an area.

Jukebox Jury

do you feel that way still now that Buzzetta has returned? :eek:

ac ego in harum*
so lay men in Circe's swine-sty;
ivi in harum ego ac vidi cadaveres animae

Canto LXXIV, 403-405

*and I too in the pigsty
†I went into the pigsty and saw the corpses of souls

Last edited:
ac ego in harum*
so lay men in Circe's swine-sty;
ivi in harum ego ac vidi cadaveres animae

Canto LXXIV, 403-405

*and I too in the pigsty
†I went into the pigsty and saw the corpses of souls
cod! you came back, but just for 1 post i see :(
&
i have a request of the mods:

Please restrict my posting ability, I do not want to be able to post in 'the sty' :o
it brings out the worst in me :eek: and i really do hate some of the people in there :cool:
yeah, i know i was a big sty supporter and the scum can keep it, i just dont want to be one of them anymore :)
but i may need help to do that :confused:

Last edited:
"of souls" should be animarum, not animae.
It's called dynamic equivalence. A straightforward rendering of cadaveres animae [soul-corpses] would blunt the observation I mean to convey. :p You would do better pointing Pound's improper use of harum for haram [pigsty]; the mistake is in the source: Clark and Ernestus Latin version, 1st printing, 1804.

It's called dynamic equivalence. A straightforward rendering of cadaveres animae [soul-corpses] would blunt the observation I mean to convey. :p You would do better pointing Pound's improper use of harum for haram [pigsty]; the mistake is in the source: Clark and Ernestus Latin version, 1st printing, 1804.

Bullshit. Dynamic equivalence, or lazy scholarship? I've never even heard the term dynamic equivalence, but it doesn't surprise me that it's used most often in the context of biblical translation. As for harum/haram, the forum doesn't matter--the proper word is volutabrum, and it looks that Pound passage is the primary source for harum. The real reason for the -am/-um is to make it rhyme with the previous line.

Just reading through those pseudo-scholarly quotes in the that link makes me want to stab myself repeatedly.

Last edited:
Still not sure why adults would need such a sub-forum.

Bump

It's very worrying that many people who voted "keep the pigsty" still don't understand / appreciate the simple rules.

I'd rather scrap the pigsty because it does not change forum users' behaviour.

Last edited:
Bump

It's very worrying that many people who voted "keep the pigsty" still don't understand / appreciate the simple rules.

oh looky who it is.

its very worrying! blah blah blah

i pity, blah blah blah

i suggest you, blah blha blahhhhhhhhhhh

Bump

Won't you braid my hair?

oh looky who it is.

its very worrying! blah blah blah

i pity, blah blah blah

i suggest you, blah blha blahhhhhhhhhhh

This isn't funny, Nugz. It's very worrying.

edit
34.09 + 14.77 + 4.55 = 53.41% vote to support with the biggest percentage being strongly for it.
9.09 + 6.82 = 15.91% strongly opposed.

I think that what is worrying Kewpie is that her poll is ending and the Pigsty won by a landslide.

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn't funny, Nugz. It's very worrying.

edit
34.09 + 14.77 + 4.55 = 53.41% vote to support with the biggest percentage being strongly for it.
9.09 + 6.82 = 15.91% strongly opposed.

I think that what is worrying Kewpie is that her poll is ending and the Pigsty won by a landslide.

dave, i suck @ math.

Tags
cod came back mmmmm donuts nrith gets it wrong piss and moan robby = solo goddess robby wants to be a brit robby's a tool the robb-sty waste of space robby what about me??????
Back
Top Bottom