Suede to reform for one night only

Opening with Europe Is Our Playground is the equivalent of Morrissey opening with Hairdresser On Fire
cant even compare to the 2 songs. Hairdresser On Fire is classic. hes gone is crap live and os is europe is our playground and then to end the set with two of us was boring. i am a fan and i know the setlist was poor. i mean the Asphalt World? wtf?

You are seriously complaining that they played the Asphalt World but didn't play Lazy? :crazy:

How wonderful is this? I did enjoy, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't be the only one who gets waves of nostalgia listening to Suede now?

[youtube]EUUi7w3uSsk&feature[/youtube]

I doubt this will find it's way onto any set lists as neither of them like it and it ironically coincided with a parting of the ways. But I've always loved it!

Thank you for the DL link.

I would LOVE to find a soundboard recording...please link here if someone find one !

For your information, the last Brett solo tour did not include any Suede material, but was quite electric. Brett and his band delivered wonderful and powerful versions of his two last rather accoustic albums.

The Berlin show was available on a USB drive in the following shows (got mine in Paris), and it's amazing !

Thank you DianaDors, I’ve watched this three times already! I know we seem to be labouring the point here (it’s a quiet day at work), but how can you honestly find fault with this?

I know we seem to be labouring the point here (it’s a quiet day at work), but how can you honestly find fault with this?

Exactly, JoJo70! As I said before, finding fault with this is the same kind of sacrilege as going to the bar during Life Is A Pigsty or Trouble Loves Me! :crazy:

Well to be honest, I really love "the asphalt world", and in this version, I really really miss the guitar solo that should be at the exact moment "so young" starts...

Exactly, JoJo70! As I said before, finding fault with this is the same kind of sacrilege as going to the bar during Life Is A Pigsty or Trouble Loves Me! :crazy:

yeah pigsty just drags on and on. it was a lowlight of both the album and live sets. i like trouble loves me but never heard it live and dont really want to. :(

i dont think any "fan" can like all the songs of suede, or any band for that matter.

I can't be the only one who gets waves of nostalgia listening to Suede now?

[youtube]EUUi7w3uSsk&feature[/youtube]

I doubt this will find it's way onto any set lists as neither of them like it and it ironically coincided with a parting of the ways. But I've always loved it!

Me too. The eight minute version is heaven on a stick for me.

yeah thanks for download. pretty disappointing gig in all. was hoping for a hits setlist but there was alot of "duffers" which killed an excitement or just didnt work live (he's gone, europe is our playground to open the set?). worst thing is that they didnt play Lazy! my favourite song aswell missing out essential tunes: by the sea, saturday night, my insatiable one.

Oh.

My word.

Which gig(s) did you attend out of interest? I was there at the Ritz and it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to - and I mean that. Setlist, performance - all superb.

You may be interested in this-
BBC Radio2, Monday, 10pm, 05-04-10, The Record Producers.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00rvz34

Bernard talks about his early days with Suede....The programme includes rare access to demo recordings from Suede.
'I personally provided Steve with unheard 4-track demos of songs from Suede and McAlmont & Butler and Duffy'

You may be interested in this-
BBC Radio2, Monday, 10pm, 05-04-10, The Record Producers.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00rvz34

Bernard talks about his early days with Suede....The programme includes rare access to demo recordings from Suede.
'I personally provided Steve with unheard 4-track demos of songs from Suede and McAlmont & Butler and Duffy'
Thanks for the tip Mr. Barker, I did not know about this. Unmissable. :thumb:

An extended Record Producers about Bernard Butler (compared to tonights' airing) appears to be on BBC6 Music on Sunday 11th April at 8pm for 90 mins.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00rzld2

Followed by The Producers Playlist - Bernard Butler, 9.30pm for 30mins.
In this companion programme to tonight's extended version of 'The Record Producers', Steve Levine presents a selection of music produced by Bernard Butler including tracks by Cut Off Your Hands, Booth & The Bad Angel, The Tears, Cajun Dance Party and Bernard's own solo work.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00rzlj2

Brilliant footage. Songs like The Asphalt World are the true soul of Suede.

Brett's voice is fantastic and seems to have made a complete recovery in the years after his self-abuse.

Even more reason to tune in to 'The Record Producers' on Radio2 tonight at 10 pm. This, from 'The Guardian' Guide radio listings ~
"In 'The Record Producers' Bernard Butler talks about the massive influence The Smiths had on him as guitarist in Suede then as producer of Duffy and Kate Nash: not eating for a week in order to buy 'Hatful of Hollow', and realising how Johnny Marr's guitar-playing was altered radically for live performances and studio sessions. He also remembers spending days making Suede songs on four-tracks before getting frustrated at not being able to produce the albums himself, harassing producer Ed Buller, and driving everyone mad. 'If I met someone like I was at 22 now, I'd probably punch his lights out'."

At the RAH, they DID play The Asphalt World, Jo Jo...and it was INCREDIBLE. (Though Soundofthenorth would probably regard it as a "duffer" which slowed down the set; like those so-called Moz fans who go to the bar during Life Is A Pigsty, Trouble Loves Me, etc etc).

Here are the setlists for the three Suede gigs:

100 CLUB:
She/Trash/Filmstar/Animal Nitrate/Heroine/Pantomime Horse/Killing Of A Flashboy/Obsessions/Can't Get Enough/Everything Will Flow/She's In Fashion/The Living Dead/The Asphalt World/So Young/Metal Mickey/The Wild Ones/New Generation/Beautiful Ones/ENCORE: Saturday Night

MANCHESTER RITZ:
Europe Is Our Playground/She/Trash/Filmstar/Animal Nitrate/Heroine/Pantomime Horse/Killing Of A Flashboy/Can't Get Enough/Everything Will Flow/He's Gone/The Next Life/The Asphalt World/So Young/Metal Mickey/The Wild Ones/The Drowners/Beautiful Ones/ENCORE: Obsessions/The 2 Of Us

ROYAL ALBERT HALL:
She/Trash/Filmstar/Animal Nitrate/Heroine/Pantomime Horse/The Drowners/Killing Of A Flashboy/Can't Get Enough/Everything Will Flow/He's Gone/The Next Life/The Asphalt World/So Young/Metal Mickey/The Wild Ones/New Generation/Beautiful Ones/ENCORE: The Living Dead/The 2 Of Us/Saturday Night

obvious they played at the Ritz more fanclassics than hits

but I would have gone, even if they played the first album only in whole

and what moaning about Brett's voice, listened 2 minutes to live [wild ones]
and it's as good as you can get him sing live

thans for the DL

pitty they don't do some euro summer festivals
[maybe in the next asphalt world]

Back
Top Bottom