"Surely how I feel is not nothing?" by Morrissey - statement at true-to-you.net

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
Very true. She was a truly foul human being without one redeeming feature.

Indeed, cosying up to Fascists, removing affordable social housing, putting millions out of work and introducing a multitude of benefits to disguise the fact - something which has been used ever since to bash those out of work as workshy scroungers, splitting up families never mind societies, politicising the police force, committing war crimes and saluting them with a thumbs up, sold off our utilities to foreign owners, destroyed manufacturing in favour of paper pushing and all that without even getting to the Poll Tax.

It said it all that she showed no emotion throughout her tyrrany 'til her own side turned on her then she shed a few tears, the utter monster.

Obviously you just can't see it Johnny, I've said a ton of things she's hated for on this thread yet you keep banging on about Miners. This is fine, you're a fan so I don't expect you to understand or concede what an utter Bastard she was to those that didn't prosper from her policies, what I don't understand is why those that she bummed year on year out are happy to go mute.

I'm actually not a fan particularly. I never voted for her on the one opportunity I had, and the closest you will find here of me directly praising her is to say she was a necessary evil. What does enervate me is the lie that anywhere remotely close to a majority share your view. That was not evident during her election victories, nor the funeral.

Whenever you examine history it is often interesting to look at the "what-ifs", and the what-if of Thatcher losing to the NUM would have been Scargill and the Marxists running the country instead of the elected government. No thanks.

destroyed manufacturing in favour of paper pushing

Tell me, because I'm interested, how exactly do you expect to produce coal or steel which costs more to produce per ton than you can sell it for, in no small part because of massive union wage demands?

I'm actually not a fan particularly. I never voted for her on the one opportunity I had, and the closest you will find here of me directly praising her is to say she was a necessary evil. What does enervate me is the lie that anywhere remotely close to a majority share your view. That was not evident during her election victories, nor the funeral.

Whenever you examine history it is often interesting to look at the "what-ifs", and the what-if of Thatcher losing to the NUM would have been Scargill and the Marxists running the country instead of the elected government. No thanks.

And people accuse Morrissey of making hyperbole statements...

I guess battering the miners makes up for the bum raping the rest of us got then, as long as she defeated the miners and removed pretty much all workers' rights in the process. No mention of a middle ground, just f*** you! No minimum wages - she fought against those! Mass unemployment, don't worry, she just stuck those on other benefits to disguise what she'd done. On top of that she used the police force to batter her opponents. It's alright, Johnny, as long as she battered the miners, none of this matters.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell me, because I'm interested, how exactly do you expect to produce coal or steel which costs more to produce per ton than you can sell it for, in no small part because of massive union wage demands?

Last I noticed we were a nation sat on coal paying high foreign prices for coal. At least our high prices would have employed a massive amount of our population not have them sat on various benefit queues. Don't kid yourself into this argument, what Thatcher did was purely political, if you believe anything else then you've been hoodwinked even more than you appear to have been.

Rowntree, with the deepest respect, you see your history through rose coloured spectacles.

You need to go back and look at what led to Thatcher. As I said at the start of all this she was a construct of the left, not the right. She got in because people were sick to the back teeth of industrial action.

As for this continued "miners are the salt of the earth" nonsense, we are not talking about Bevan boys here, we are talking about a union which had been hijacked by militants intent on doing to Thatcher what they had done to Heath.

The miners' strike occurred after the union leadership lost three ballots to go on strike and finally called them out without a vote at all. That is the sort of Chavez style banana republic "democracy" we would have enjoyed if Thatcher had not beaten the unions.

It is awful what happened to those communities but for the far left extremists to once more walk away without any blood on their hands is the true revisionism on display in the last few weeks.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom