"Surely how I feel is not nothing?" by Morrissey - statement at true-to-you.net

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
I wish Morrissey could do webcasts, they would last for hours! Not surprised he's wrote about Thatchers death. It is Morrissey after all, not Bon Jovi.

Morrissey, Thatcher wasn't half the monster you are. All you have done since you crawled out of deserved Mancunian obscurity, is spread judgement, disdain & intolerance for everything and everyone outside of your microscopically narrow viewpoint.
What Thatcher's successors, in both parties, have done to Britain is far far worse than Thatcher could ever manage. They have brought a people and a culture crashing down and ensured it's demise.

.... he screamed, as the straight jacket was put on and he was dragged kicking into the sanitarium.

Re: Surely how I feel is not nothing? MORRISSEY 16 APR 2013

It is easy to appear to be a genius to a fool. My cat thinks I'm amazing, but he has no thumbs. Perspective is all.

As for this TTY statement, this rambling, incoherent drivel, this unpunctuated screed, I have only one thing to say. Write some songs, you embarrassing old fool.

Starting to think that someone is very proud of their command of the English language. You pretentious twat.

As an American, I understand your anguish and frustration today; however, one of the biggest complaints about Americans is that we tend to presume that our news, our tragedies are the most important events in the world. In addition to the Boston bombings and Thatcher's funeral, there was a massive earthquake on the Pakistan/Iran border, but that received little attention because it happened to "those people" (not my personal sentiment, just an observation of accepted public perception) I am not in any way being insulting, I am just trying to show that it is human nature to respond to the events that affect you most directly, and that is what Morrissey did.

It's got nothing to do with being American or not. What it illustrates is that while he liberally accuses the media of wrongly focusing on and fawning over Will and Kate's new digs, or her morning sickness, when there are more more tragic things to report on, he chose to continue to beat the deadest of dead horses rather than lament a legitimate tragedy that happened at the same time, without it making a whit of difference to anyone in Thatcher's family or any of the British or Argentines aggrieved by Thatcher 20+ years ago. I'm not certain about his fan base in India or Pakistan, but 2000+ people who filled the Wang Center to capacity for him here in October may have appreciated a tip of the hat from him yesterday.

What the hell was Katherine Jenkins doing at the ceremony earlier on today........?

She looks lovely BUT.................oh well enough said.......

Cheers Moz

Attachments

• Katherine Jenkins.jpg
    Katherine Jenkins.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1
What the hell was Katherine Jenkins doing at the ceremony earlier on today........?

Cheers Moz

What was she doing there? And more to the point what was Jeremy Clarkson doing there?!
What relevance do these people have? It really is beyond me. Just a media created madness.

Cheers Moz

Looks like a dead crow on her head

It is opinion, and that is fine, but where are the actual facts?

Morrissey is an odd fellow. Looks sixty-three, is fifty-three, writes like someone who is twenty-three. When you strip away the hubris, and look for facts to back up his contentions about the British state in particular, is it revealed that his statements are in reality fact free bluster. Ask the average bod in the street in the UK, this apparent fascistic police state, and a pound to a pinch of shit most would struggle to tell you the last time they even saw a cop.

Be honest now, and cast your minds back. If you presented that in a college course, let alone a university course, what mark would you get?

University, you say, Was it Oxbridge? Nah, Oxbridge graduates don't feel the need to impress. It must have been 'Southwest College of Buttf*** USA.' And bet is was straight A's. Sorry, not impressed.

Re: Surely how I feel is not nothing? MORRISSEY 16 APR 2016

His San Francisco fans for sure ! Lol

Or anyone who wants him to record a new album...or find new co-writers...or new band members.

Whilst Morrissey was scribing this, my hometown was being bombed by extremist lunatic(s). That puts things in perspective for me. Thatcher's funeral wasn't even a blip on anyone's radar around here yesterday, including all local media. I'd rather a TTY post re: the situation here in Boston, which is much more relevant and more appreciated.

The Boston bombings were appalling, but I'll mention this as food for thought rather than criticism.

We are very conscious here in the UK of the sheer horror of what happened after decades of similar incidents both in Ulster and on the mainland, such as this one...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrington_bomb_attacks

and this one...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guildford_pub_bombings

and this one...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omagh_bombing

These atrocities were perpetrated by the IRA, which was bankrolled in part by contributions to NORAID and a hotbed of contributors to NORAID were the pseudo-Oirish people of... ummm... Boston, Massachusetts.

Morrissey would rather like those days to return if his pronouncements during the Queen's visit to Ireland are true. He's an imbecile.

It's a unreadable spew of commas and run-on sentences ranting about things he's already said. The man has lost his mind.

You may as well consider this a preview of his autobiography.

University, you say, Was it Oxbridge? Nah, Oxbridge graduates don't feel the need to impress. It must have been 'Southwest College of Buttf*** USA.' And bet is was straight A's. Sorry, not impressed.

You wouldn't get away with Morrissey's latest poorly written, paragraph free nonsense in clown college.

Don't know if anyone here has commented before, but "Margaret On The Guillotine" is now the 6th most popular Morrissey track on Spotify

It is easy to appear to be a genius to a fool. My cat thinks I'm amazing, but he has no thumbs. Perspective is all.

As for this TTY statement, this rambling, incoherent drivel, this unpunctuated screed, I have only one thing to say. Write some songs, you embarrassing old fool.

Amen.

Starting to think that someone is very proud of their command of the English language. You pretentious twat.

Surely this comment would be more appropriately directed at Morrissey...

Surely this comment would be more appropriately directed at Morrissey...

Ha, I see what you did there. You took something directed at JB and you turned it around and got a jab in against Morrissey. Truly genius.

Last edited:
As an American, I understand your anguish and frustration today; however, one of the biggest complaints about Americans is that we tend to presume that our news, our tragedies are the most important events in the world. In addition to the Boston bombings and Thatcher's funeral, there was a massive earthquake on the Pakistan/Iran border, but that received little attention because it happened to "those people" (not my personal sentiment, just an observation of accepted public perception) I am not in any way being insulting, I am just trying to show that it is human nature to respond to the events that affect you most directly, and that is what Morrissey did.

One of the reasons you tend to get fewer reports from the arse end of the world is that they don't tend to have cameras, and it's a long way away. Famously, Neville Chamberlain described Czechoslovakia as 'a far away country about which we know little', and although the distances have increased the basic tenet remains.

It's wrong, but that's how the media works. It is also why every year or so you might hear the news and the third story might say "Six hundred people have died when a ferry sank..." and you know without hearing the rest it will be off the coast of Indonesia rather than in the North Sea or east of Halifax, Nova Scotia. An Indonesian ferry disaster will dominate the news when there are exciting pictures to go with it.

Ha, I see what you did there. You took something directed JB and you turned it around and got a jab in against Morrissey. Truly genius.

Following your logic, people who use words that are too big for your brain to handle are pretentious twats...so it seemed fitting.

I wonder, did you even bother to read Morrissey's diatribe?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom