tell us about the last Film you saw

I finally saw "Romper Stomper" a few nights ago - it was really good, esp. the performances. I was sad to read that the young actor who played Davey killed himself shortly after the film was completed, he was excellent.

My, the Australians are good at that whole hyperviolent, dystopian thing, aren't they?

AFTER+LIFE+DVD.jpg

I really cannot say whether this film was good or bad, I would have watched it regardless, just becauuse the Goddess, Christina Ricci was in it :love:
and boy was she ever in it! mostly with little or no clothes on! :horny:
so yeah, if you are into her, its a must see :cool:

Just watched this and was pleasantly surprised. Very understated apocalyptic film.
220px-LastNight.png

And I've decided I quite like this guy:
callum-keith-rennie.jpg

(a combo of warm fuzzies from BSG and then realising he's been in several movies I've really enjoyed)

rented/checked this out from the library yesterday:
Diary_if_a_Wimpy_Kid_movie_poster.jpg

it was better than I thought it would be :straightface:
and my sister in law's 2 younger sisters seemed to enjoy it, so I am seem to have become the person in the house who chooses movies for "family night" :crazy:

I saw Diary of a Wimpy Kid last week and suprsingly didn't mind it:)

On Saturday I watched 'Vertigo' for the first time, initially I thought it a tad boring, but then the twist came! I should really watch more classic movies.

Dear John, crap
Get Him To The Greek, crap
Mrs Doubtfire...always will remain a classic

Re: tell us about the last Film you saw.

The last film I saw was "The Phantom of the Opera" which is quite good actually.

I've seen the musical many times and because I have been used to hearing Michael Crawford, it was a shock for the system hearing Gerard Butler. Plus he's too gorgeous to be the Phantom.

daybreakers_blood_poster9.jpg

I eventually see all vampire movies, its pathetic :o
this one held my interest for about an hour or so :straightface:
the other film I watched this weekend was:
swingvote-a.jpg

"Swing Vote" was much better than I expected :eek: I think other people would enjoy it too :)

^^^ is that the film starring Rufus Sewell... he's dreamy!
does it have the Wagner tune of the same name on the soundtrack?:confused:

James Franco was in it too, and the beauteous Sophia Myles. No Wagner, but the Afro Celt Sound System.

It got bad reviews, but I liked it.

I saw Our Hospitality starring Buster Keaton in the cinema this evening.

Anyone else who's a fan of Buster Keaton in particular or silent movies in general?

I saw Our Hospitality starring Buster Keaton in the cinema this evening.

Anyone else who's a fan of Buster Keaton in particular or silent movies in general?

I saw some of this one - http://www.archive.org/details/busterkeatonfilm - in the fantastic Moderns art exhibition running in IMMA, Dublin the other day. It's Film (1965) by Samuel Beckett for which he sought another actor first, whose name escapes me. It's very one-pointed and pertinent to the debate about privacy, that right 'to be left alone'. :)

I saw some of this one - http://www.archive.org/details/busterkeatonfilm - in the fantastic Moderns art exhibition running in IMMA, Dublin the other day. It's Film (1965) by Samuel Beckett for which he sought another actor first, whose name escapes me. It's very one-pointed and pertinent to the debate about privacy, that right 'to be left alone'. :)

That film looks really interesting. I will definitely download it. Thanks for the tip! :thumb:

I just saw hp7p1. Loved it. Go see it.

so yesterday my mom was watching:
Halloween6cover.JPG

which I only paid attention to at first because I saw that it had Paul Rudd in it :eek: I never knew he did any horror movies :confused:
So I am watching along with her and then I get this strange feeling I have seen it before :straightface:
then the memories come flashing back to me, its the first movie I took my ex-wife to see :cool:
we mainly were making out in the theatre in Westwood and possibly were asked to leave, or she just did not like it, anyways we left before the end
and so did I(leave that is, I rode my bike some more)
while my mom watched all of it yesterday
but, I still don't know how it ends :lbf:

Last edited:
OK it may not be a film, but it is on DVD!
I recommend Frankie Boyle's new DVD to anybody on here

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom