tell us about the last Film you saw

haha! I knowwwwwwwwwwww. and matched with their long lovely locks! glorious! I would be so afraid to get those dresses dirty though, or like, sweat stained. i mean, they were in really hot weather!
some Isabel marant concoctions remind me of those dresses, though isabels are simpler, less frothy.
DIM099SS18_F1_1024x1024.jpg

Isabel-Marant-Rilows-Point-Toe-Leather-Ankle-Boots.jpg

View attachment 44473
987977_ou_pp.jpg

Um, don’t you think she got the footwear all wrong? I mean I like the strapy sandals in the last pic but maybe not with that dress. The flats and the boots in the first two are strange choices. I love how you went to Isabel Marant right away for her translation. I really like the top of the first dress but maybe hack off the bottom tier. It’s too heavy for my petite frame. And my long blonde hair can definitely hang there limp and lifeless just like the model’s, especially if it’s humid. Now just to work on the shoes.......

Um, don’t you think she got the footwear all wrong? I mean I like the strapy sandals in the last pic but maybe not with that dress. The flats and the boots in the first two are strange choices. I love how you went to Isabel Marant right away for her translation. I really like the top of the first dress but maybe hack off the bottom tier. It’s too heavy for my petite frame. And my long blonde hair can definitely hang there limp and lifeless just like the model’s, especially if it’s humid. Now just to work on the shoes.......
you weren't impressed by the dresses?!?! :O well now that you point it out the shoes ARE strange choices, but to be honest, I'm not particular about footwear, so I don't mind what they're wearing. these aren't Isabel marant campaign pictures but pictures taken from the various sites selling her stuff (la garconne; matchesfashion; net-a-porter). I've seen them paired with running shoes as well which I think works with the Isabel marant philosophy of fashion being fun and comfortable. anyway, you're in luck! they make the top dress in a shorter version as well! https://www.isabelmarant.com/ca/isabel-marant-etoile/short-dress_cod34782558le.html

I actually ordered the black version of the short dress from bagheera boutique https://www.bagheeraboutique.com/en-US/product/21858
that is, instead of the blouses I was thinking of, in part because it was insanely cheap. I mean it was still expensive but for some reason on this site you can get stuff for like half the price of elsewhere on the net (and it IS authentic because ive bought stuff from their before). I'm really not sure why. it makes me wonder if they've made a mistake with the customs charges, since they say the duties are included in the price and i've never had to pay them, but i dont see how they can be included. but even if i did have to pay duties their stuff would still be way cheaper than elsewhere. it's odd, but I'm not going to think too much about it! as for the dress I'm not sure whether it will work out or not, because it might be too short for my liking (I'm 5'8, by the way), but it was just too good of a deal to pass up. I should say that if it does work, I totally intend to wear it with running shoes :p

you weren't impressed by the dresses?!?! :O well now that you point it out the shoes ARE strange choices, but to be honest, I'm not particular about footwear, so I don't mind what they're wearing. these aren't Isabel marant campaign pictures but pictures taken from the various sites selling her stuff (la garconne; matchesfashion; net-a-porter). I've seen them paired with running shoes as well which I think works with the Isabel marant philosophy of fashion being fun and comfortable. anyway, you're in luck! they make the top dress in a shorter version as well! https://www.isabelmarant.com/ca/isabel-marant-etoile/short-dress_cod34782558le.html

I actually ordered the black version of the short dress from bagheera boutique https://www.bagheeraboutique.com/en-US/product/21858
that is, instead of the blouses I was thinking of, in part because it was insanely cheap. I mean it was still expensive but for some reason on this site you can get stuff for like half the price of elsewhere on the net (and it IS authentic because ive bought stuff from their before). I'm really not sure why. it makes me wonder if they've made a mistake with the customs charges, since they say the duties are included in the price and i've never had to pay them, but i dont see how they can be included. but even if i did have to pay duties their stuff would still be way cheaper than elsewhere. it's odd, but I'm not going to think too much about it! as for the dress I'm not sure whether it will work out or not, because it might be too short for my liking (I'm 5'8, by the way), but it was just too good of a deal to pass up. I should say that if it does work, I totally intend to wear it with running shoes :p

Thanks for the link. I do like it better shorter! It reminds me a lot of a tunic I bought in India for maybe like $35 US. You could almost buy a plane ticket & the dress for what that site lists it for. Of course it’s not an Isabel Marant. But it’s nearly as lovely. And they had it in white, grey or black. I still know where that boutique is in Pondicherry, just saying.

Rifke, you work your thing. I’m having a hard time picture running shoes but I want to see a picture when you work that. Maybe, I could see some high top Converse..... or, I have some amazing Doc Marten-esque lace-up, zippered, high-heeled boots in a bone color that I think would look kinda bad-ass. It’s about choices.

I like these better than those blouses you were looking at so I think it’s a good swap. You’re so tall! I bet your leggy, too! It might turn out to be in the short side for you. Just make sure you always plié when you need to pick up something off the floor!

Backstabbing-for-Beginners-new-poster.jpg

This drama with a danish director takes us back to the oil for money programme days that the corrupt criminals at the UN used as a way for loads of people and companies to make loads of money for themselves. This film reminds us that Canada played a very evil part by off loading medicine well past the expiry date.

Kofi Annan and his UN chums aren't exactly portrayed as heroes in this honest and brutal insight into perhaps one of the greatest scandals ever if you take into account that those people were believed to be doing good when in fact they were only in it for the money and personal gain.

Ben Kingsley is setting a new record in using the f-word and I loved his accent that only made him using the f-word all the time even more funnier. One of those films that reminded me of a lot of things from the past I'd almost had forgotten about and how the world could allow UN to go on after this is beyond me.

This was the first international film for danish director Per Fly and he did really well which is no surprise after his fantastic danish productions "The Bench" and "Inheritance".

Backstabbing-for-Beginners-new-poster.jpg

This drama with a danish director takes us back to the oil for money programme days that the corrupt criminals at the UN used as a way for loads of people and companies to make loads of money for themselves. This film reminds us that Canada played a very evil part by off loading medicine well past the expiry date.

Kofi Annan and his UN chums aren't exactly portrayed as heroes in this honest and brutal insight into perhaps one of the greatest scandals ever if you take into account that those people were believed to be doing good when in fact they were only in it for the money and personal gain.

Ben Kingsley is setting a new record in using the f-word and I loved his accent that only made him using the f-word all the time even more funnier. One of those films that reminded me of a lot of things from the past I'd almost had forgotten about and how the world could allow UN to go on after this is beyond me.

This was the first international film for danish director Per Fly and he did really well which is no surprise after his fantastic danish productions "The Bench" and "Inheritance".

*Oil for food programme

MV5BOGM2MDk1YmEtZTBmZi00ZjJiLTkyOGEtNjExNTNmZjQ3MzcxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzMzMjU5NDY@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

I would call this a spanish blade runner cause that is the feel I got here and there from watching this great film. It begins like a typical space film but is anything but and is instead a great love story in a future world where plans to exit earth for another planet is at a advanced stage.

They talk about race in this film and the weather is controlled and instead of brothels there are communication centres where you can talk to someone of the opposite sex through a computer screen without seeing the person behind it.

I believe the people behind this like me know that chemtrails control the weather already and that discussion and dialogue between people is quickly coming to an end. Great actors that I've never seen before and a film that really makes you reflect on a number of things.

MV5BMjIyYjAzOWItNzI5Yy00NGU4LTlhODktYjZmZThmMTY3ZWNhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Another of those films claiming to be based on real events but as always with those american liars that has been found out to not be the case at all. This is another Netflix film through the eyes of how a american would view Japan and the Yakuza so why not dress them in black suits and ties (no hat?) and make this into some kind of Mad Men goes to Japan (the only mad men in Mad Men were the people behind it, no not you Jay Tandork with a big nose cause you're just a fit pumped up poser).

This film is great on the eye but WHY allow the weakling Jared Leto play the part of a hardened american joining the japanese mob?

First of all they would never allow an outsider in which is a rule that will never be broken and second of all they never wore any kind of suits in the same style but of course people of the 50's did dress better than we do today to go with the times. That does not mean they all looked like actors and models and in fact people looked as stupid in suits then as most do now and as we know only a select few can wear a suit and get away with it.

With all that said this is a great film if you view it as entertainment but you cannot look away from the americans trying to bomb the japanese again, this time by portraying them in a way they are not and never ever have been.

But I was glad that the guy from the military mentioned the fact that the "nuked"cities were all rebuilt and thriving in a very short time cause lets face it radiation would have made that impossible.

Jared Leto and his ever changing looks made him this time look like a swedish male indie fan from the 90's and he also looks like my old classmate Hans in this one which felt funny and weird.

Avengers: Infinity War was genuinely great. It far surpassed my expectations.

By the time giant Peter Dinklage turned up I was grinning from ear to ear.

doj6o7w4u1hu7uud.jpg

Sverrir Gudnason

So with the latest Millennium novel, The girl in the spider's web, currently being filmed in Sweden, maybe it was time to introduce the actor Sverrir Gudnason who plays the character Mikael Blomkvist.

He recently starred as legendary tennis player Björn Borg in this one:

https://putlockerhd.co/watch?v=Borg_McEnroe_2017#video=Bicpya9YyR8AkdGiaI9C0k9cGUVG-sWhEmPeb3rS

But I wanna mention this film as well which is an adaptation of Hjalmar Söderberg's novel "The Serious Game" from 1912. The great Swedish love story. This film is in 4:3 as decided by the swedish director Pernilla August who some remember as Princess Leia many years ago.

https://123movieshub.film/movie/a-serious-game-2016/watching.html/

Enjoy both with english subtitles free and legal for all.

doj6o7w4u1hu7uud.jpg

Sverrir Gudnason

So with the latest Millennium novel, The girl in the spider's web, currently being filmed in Sweden, maybe it was time to introduce the actor Sverrir Gudnason who plays the character Mikael Blomkvist.

He recently starred as legendary tennis player Björn Borg in this one:

https://putlockerhd.co/watch?v=Borg_McEnroe_2017#video=Bicpya9YyR8AkdGiaI9C0k9cGUVG-sWhEmPeb3rS

But I wanna mention this film as well which is an adaptation of Hjalmar Söderberg's novel "The Serious Game" from 1912. The great Swedish love story. This film is in 4:3 as decided by the swedish director Pernilla August who some remember as Princess Leia many years ago.

https://123movieshub.film/movie/a-serious-game-2016/watching.html/

Enjoy both with english subtitles free and legal for all.

For the second film choose Openload server and it will work.

1517paris_whv_keyart.jpg

This was directed by Clint Eastwood and it is probably the worst film I have ever seen. I cannot remember the incident this is based on but if they thought they honoured those people with this they must be more than stupid.

It is like Eurotrip 2018 and again Europe seen with those uneducated american eyes wrapped up in awful nationalism portraying guys in the military as the scum they truly are.

The actors were new to me but their acting is so bad you have to view this as a comedy and a manual on how to NOT act. They even mess up the story itself by mixing the incident on the Paris train with flashbacks from their childhood and teen years in a way that is just done in such an annoying way.

One guy wears a Barcelona polo shirt and another a Bayern Munich top with Muller on the back and they go to Venice and even Venice looks plastic and fake and I have been there and although it was long ago it was at least real unlike in this one.

This film must surely be the evidence that Clint Eastwood is a NRA nationalist nazi who hates nazis unless they are american fratboys with no style or manners forced to join the military in lack of something better to do.

The one playing the "hero" in this one has a face and way about him that leaves you just wanting to punch him as hard as you can and you end up hating him throughout the film and he really looks like a white guy from the countryside whose parents are a pair of pigs.

To top it of there is blatant racism toward white people once again described as pasty but actually the white actors in this deserve that description. The end with the then french president seen through old news clips is just the worst end to a film ever seen and feels so forced and stupid it is impossible to put in words to truly describe it.

Please Clint, give up directing and retire for good and leave the foreign people bashing to Trump cause he manages to do it in a way that makes us all giggle. USA has lost the grip and cannot even produce great films about their own so called heroes.

Never ever even think about watching this film unless you are stoned on something and need a good laugh on how to be anything but Ingmar Bergman.

DXjWC3GXkAAysuc.jpg

If anyone ever wondered what the swedish social and debate climate is like and what kind of world I find myself living in then watch this amazing film by Ruben Östlund. Never before has someone captured Sweden as it is right now.

I have followed Ruben from his first steps as a director and seen the progress from film to film. He has this bleak outlook and ability to undress people and society and with that comes a lot of humour. You end up laughing but not without feeling a pain in your stomach.

In this one he deals with a whole range of topics and environments through a man in the art world. No doubt does Ruben find modern art and the people in it to be absolutely ridiculous and that is something I have always felt as well.

He dares to deal with the romani gypsy beggars sitting outside every store in Sweden and is able to capture something that most people try to put a blind eye to. One scene was filmed at The Mall of Scandinavia in Solna and just happens to be on the entrance floor of the parking garage there where I have parked my car the times me and Pilla visited the place like almost a year ago for the Europa League Final when United beat Ajax at Friends Arena which is just beside that big mall.

The film deals with so many issues it is hard to explain it all but the political correctness and fear of insulting minorities is a main theme as is the divide between the rich and the poor. The ending press conference sums up Sweden to a tee.

Ruben did not win an Oscar with this one but that is more of a compliment than anything else and I wonder if people who are not from Sweden will understand this at all. Two and a half hours felt like nothing and I would have been able to have watched a few hours more of this cause it felt so honest and provocative in a good way.

Thank you Ruben, you're a genius with balls. If I dare to guess the title is his way of playing with the word square cause swedes are said to be a bit square and they sure are in this one.

Everyone should see it so do so here with english subtitles and the actors are danish and swedish and some english speaking actors as well that some might recognise from other films.

http://www2.0123movies.com/movies-the-square-2017-0123movies.html?play=1

guru bhagwan, his secretary and his bodyguard

a really interesting documentary that i picked up at my local library yesterday. it recounts the story of bhagwan shree rajneesh, his beginnings in india and then the legendary move to oregon, usa, from the perspective of his former secretary and bodyguard. what made this story especially interesting to me were the two interviewees who obviously are still struggling to come to terms with their past and their love for their guru though he had alienated them the hard way and proven to be a liar and even drug addict.

i think nowadays such a story wouldnt be possible any longer. the decline of bhagwan and other gurus in the western world came along with a new way of seeing patriarchal and hierarchical structures, also in the workplace. i've never liked the idea that the relationship between guru and follower is one-sided, with all the wisdom, enlightenment and instructions moving from A to B, and nothing ever affecting or changing the guru. s/he remains unruffled by disciples who have to regress to a state of infantilisation to be loved and accepted. well, thats how i see it.
probably the bhagwan's function in the western world was to help his followers to grow up and learn to question authorities of any kind.

i also remembered that i had one or two teachers during my high school years who were disciples of bhagwan running around in orange and red clothes. we were told that they could do that as long as they did not wear their necklace with the bhagwan portrait or try to influence the kids. one of my form teachers was a bhagwan too and i remember that in our art lessons we had to draw "men with beards" which i thought was rather strange. i also had conflicts with him as he used to grab the carrying loop on my school bag after the school bell had rung to keep me from running away hurriedly to the school bus. after a talk with my mother he apologized holding his fish-like hand in front of me. i accepted it with a disgusted look on my face. i must say i've learned to assess his apology differently over the years, and think it was actually quite brave.

one question remains after watching the movie: is it possible to achieve a superconsciousness through sex?

Haven’t seen the film but sounds interesting. And I have no idea the answer to your question but I am willing to try!

hello people,

the last film i saw was Bad Santa. yes i have started a new thread with some high art!
bad isn't the word, i thought it was terrible. just billy bob thorton swearing at a fat kid for 90 mins. that was all it was a joke about a sad man, criminal dressed as santa (ho Ho ho) swearing and being drunk fighting, having sex.... oh what a concept, he is like santa but what a juxtaposition or not. some redemption in the end, a little bit of a sentimental hollywood ending, but it was crap.

your turn....
Eyes without a face by georges franju (I apologise if that’s spelt wrong I’m very tired) it’s honestly quite a masterpiece.

guru bhagwan, his secretary and his bodyguard

a really interesting documentary that i picked up at my local library yesterday. it recounts the story of bhagwan shree rajneesh, his beginnings in india and then the legendary move to oregon, usa, from the perspective of his former secretary and bodyguard. what made this story especially interesting to me were the two interviewees who obviously are still struggling to come to terms with their past and their love for their guru though he had alienated them the hard way and proven to be a liar and even drug addict.

i think nowadays such a story wouldnt be possible any longer. the decline of bhagwan and other gurus in the western world came along with a new way of seeing patriarchal and hierarchical structures, also in the workplace. i've never liked the idea that the relationship between guru and follower is one-sided, with all the wisdom, enlightenment and instructions moving from A to B, and nothing ever affecting or changing the guru. s/he remains unruffled by disciples who have to regress to a state of infantilisation to be loved and accepted. well, thats how i see it.
probably the bhagwan's function in the western world was to help his followers to grow up and learn to question authorities of any kind.

i also remembered that i had one or two teachers during my high school years who were disciples of bhagwan running around in orange and red clothes. we were told that they could do that as long as they did not wear their necklace with the bhagwan portrait or try to influence the kids. one of my form teachers was a bhagwan too and i remember that in our art lessons we had to draw "men with beards" which i thought was rather strange. i also had conflicts with him as he used to grab the carrying loop on my school bag after the school bell had rung to keep me from running away hurriedly to the school bus. after a talk with my mother he apologized holding his fish-like hand in front of me. i accepted it with a disgusted look on my face. i must say i've learned to assess his apology differently over the years, and think it was actually quite brave.

one question remains after watching the movie: is it possible to achieve a superconsciousness through sex?

have you seen the Netflix documentary about the bagwan and rajneeshees called "wild wild country"? it's fabulous. I love ma anand Sheela. I know I'm not supposed to, but I do. I don't really understand what the appeal of the bhagwan was to those people, though. I mean, he didn't even talk for years, which I thought was kind of lousy.

I don't think it's possible to achieve a superconsciousness through sex, no. definitely not. fasting, however? maybe.

anyone know where I can watch Ingmar bergman films online? (preferably without getting a virus). I have a desire to watch Ingmar bergman films but I don't want to have to go to the video store. youtube used to have a whole slew of them but now only has--that I could find--the virgin spring and the hour of the wolf.

have you seen the Netflix documentary about the bagwan and rajneeshees called "wild wild country"? it's fabulous. I love ma anand Sheela. I know I'm not supposed to, but I do. I don't really understand what the appeal of the bhagwan was to those people, though. I mean, he didn't even talk for years, which I thought was kind of lousy.

I don't think it's possible to achieve a superconsciousness through sex, no. definitely not. fasting, however? maybe.
i dont have netflix but i have to see this documentary. do you think it's worth buying it?
the appeal of bhagwan is beyond my comprehension. i can only guess what made sheela even commit crimes and endanger the lives of people in her effort to blindly follow her guru's instructions.

do you have a public library in your town? they should have all the bergman films.

anyone know where I can watch Ingmar bergman films online? (preferably without getting a virus). I have a desire to watch Ingmar bergman films but I don't want to have to go to the video store. youtube used to have a whole slew of them but now only has--that I could find--the virgin spring and the hour of the wolf.
Pity Urbanus isn’t here to hook you up. I’ll send some of my dvd’s with your next food shipment.

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom