Morrissey Central "THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN TO NEWCASTLE HMV !" (March 2, 2020)

Morrissey Central: "THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN TO NEWCASTLE HMV !"

0-1_fht92u.jpg

Source:

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Lots of lovely references to Morrissey in Tastes of Honey, The Making of Shelagh Delaney and a cultural revolution by Selina Todd.

She's Professor of Modern History at Oxford &, because we live in a hellscape, she has been 'cancelled' for transphobia for suggesting that biological sex might be a thing that objectively exists.

Moz & Anne Marie should head back to the left - because we're all going to be cancelled eventually. Why suffer the notoriety? Rejoin us as we fret on the margins.

(can't upload a picture for some reason - always says the file is too large)

The Smiths & Morrissey mentioned in this, from 2019 when it came out.
Gives some good insight, albeit brief.

Seeing the albums covers for C.S. and IANADOAC on the same stand as the older solo and Smiths covers just amplifies their cheapness/ half arsed creation.

Labour has decided to start referring to The Tories as Far Right in copy. FFS.

That's how you win back voters, by calling millions of them racist, fascists.

(I like to whinge where nobody knows my surname)

The Smiths & Morrissey mentioned in this, from 2019 when it came out.
Gives some good insight, albeit brief.

Thank you! I might be unusual in that (although The Smiths had always been in my house growing-up) I didn't really get into Morrissey until a director told me all about his connection to Shelagh Delaney when I was a teenager. I started off listening to all the relevant songs, then listened to Vauxhall & I on a loop & it was love ever after. :)

Who buys records anymore? I’m more of a cd buyer myself...

lovely.
i would like to be able to read the "blurbs" of the staff picks. anybody? seems they put some effort into this.
Hilarious. Here he is trumpeting one record shop that stocks his records. This is desperate stuff. I bet that the display only exists because a member of staff is a fan. Oh, hold on .... what's that I spy .... "staff picks".
You are half right anonymous
It is my display , like all music shops there is a variety of tastes instore and we have enough room to indulge our own personal tastes to a point, as i have done in this instance . At the moment we have displays for britpop / hiphop / grime / female singers
Best of the Decade etc etc . There are a couple of orher smiths/moz fans instore and equally some u think he's a knob ...thats called democracy ( i hate metal but we still do displays for it )

You are half right anonymous
It is my display , like all music shops there is a variety of tastes instore and we have enough room to indulge our own personal tastes to a point, as i have done in this instance . At the moment we have displays for britpop / hiphop / grime / female singers
Best of the Decade etc etc . There are a couple of orher smiths/moz fans instore and equally some u think he's a knob ...thats called democracy ( i hate metal but we still do displays for it )

I'm not pot stirring but have there been many comments on the display, good or bad? Have there been many preorder requests for the new album?

I'm not pot stirring but have there been many comments on the display, good or bad? Have there been many preorder requests for the new album?

Considering what Moz has managed to get himself embroiled in, if it wasn't spray-painted by protesters calling for his death & if HMV hasn't had to issue an apology because of the intense outrage the display has generated - then all is well.

Well done Newcastle HMV, I hope the other UK stores follow your lead.
The sad thing is this display of Moz albums would have been fairly common years ago leading up to a new release or a Moz concert in that city. Certainly nothing to draw special attention to. Sign of the times. Nobody will pay for anything anymore.

The sad thing is this display of Moz albums would have been fairly common years ago leading up to a new release or a Moz concert in that city. Certainly nothing to draw special attention to. Sign of the times. Nobody will pay for anything anymore.
Morrissey is paying.

Todo su legado ahi....MOZ es un genio,todo ese material y aun mucho mas es de mi super plus archi talentoso MORRISSEY VIVA MOZ!!!!!

So 'ugly' that you felt the need to visit a website dedicated to him at 7.04 in the morning?

And you missed the possessive apostrophe off 'emperor's'.
Some people work, son. Not everyone sleeps on mom’s couch until noon.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom