Morrissey Central "Thank You" (September 7, 2021)

THANK YOU LAS VEGAS !!
BEYOND WORDS …

💙💙💙💙💙

IMG_0298_o4iyvk.jpg

(uncredited image by V. Esparza)

Regards,
FWD.

Further band thanks:

Screenshot_20210906-070756~2.png
Screenshot_20210906-2313512.png
Screenshot_20210907-222441~2.png
Screenshot_20210907-223733~2.png

Maybe it wasn't the most diplomatic thing to say, but looking at this video I can understand why Jesse would say that. I really love the band's energy here, everybody seems to have so much fun!

Of course, the energy might have been similar with Matt and/or Mando, but I think that Boz should probably retire from doing live shows (or maybe he already has, even though it hasn't been officially announced), he comes over as jaded and bored (maybe he isn't, but he is not expressing enthusiasm). And having both Alain and Boz as guitarists would make Morrissey look like a trite revival act.

Maybe it wasn't the most diplomatic thing to say, but looking at this video I can understand why Jesse would say that. I really love the band's energy here, everybody seems to have so much fun!

Of course, the energy might have been similar with Matt and/or Mando, but I think that Boz should probably retire from doing live shows (or maybe he already has, even though it hasn't been officially announced), he comes over as jaded and bored (maybe he isn't, but he is not expressing enthusiasm). And having both Alain and Boz as guitarists would make Morrissey look like a trite revival act.

That IBEH vid is superb, and just shows how well the new band is gelling, & has so much new found vibe & energy; a lot of swagger, style, & showmanship which was missing from the 'old' band. If this is down to AW, then hats off to him.
Can't beat that. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
That IBEH vid is superb, and just shows how well the new band is gelling, & has so much new found vibe & energy; a lot of swagger, style, & showmanship which was missing from the 'old' band. If this is down to AW, then hats off to him.
Can't beat that. :thumb:

With Jesse’s comment, one could assume he is getting along with Alain. But as I said before, a little friction in a band can liven things up a bit.

Well said, Ketamine!

I was talking drummers from earlier - especially Walker and his contributions to the band. As Ketamine ALSO said, each drummer brings/brought 'their own' sound. Regarding Walker, if you listen to the Vegas recording of Never Had No One Ever, and you understand the positive change Morrissey's music/band has gone through for the last several albums - you immediately notice when listening to the live track that Walker would fill in more of the space (a'la Joyce did when recording the original). Walker pushes the music forward. Just compare the Smiths version to the Vegas version from last week. The rhythm that you find to be missing I'm certain Walker would've provided.

That was my point in general, not to talk down about Woodie Taylor :D

Oh, and I love the Elvis picture!

Oh, and how do you replace Boz on rhythm guitar? Use TWO lead guitarists and have Gustavo pick up the rhythm slack on guitar! The band seems to have an exciting, blended guitar sound this time around, and I hope it stays.

With Jesse’s comment, one could assume he is getting along with Alain. But as I said before, a little friction in a band can liven things up a bit.
Getting along like North and South Korea. Because they have to. Morrissey in the middle and 50 feet of stage to separate them.

Getting along like North and South Korea. Because they have to. Morrissey in the middle and 50 feet of stage to separate them.

‘Best band ever’ doesn’t sound like Jesse’s hating Alain’s company.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom