The 1981 gay pride march in Huddersfield - Morrissey spotted in photos?

If you ask me, that's him, no doubt.

20200710_094349.jpg

Link to article:

Also:

What do we think about him? Spotted in another picture from the article.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the opposite - going to a pride march in the 80s makes it more likely you're gay than it would now. Then it was a protest. Now it's a carnival.
Yes, you're right. More likely. It would have also been an edgy thing to do whereas now it's just another day out for everyone - and I mean everyone.

Nothing Moz ever does is obvious I'm afraid. If you're a fan you should know that.
I spent years collecting interviews and reading through them, have read his books, read biographies, etc. There is no doubt that this man is queer, whatever term he uses for it. If you're a fan, you should know that

Yes, you're right. More likely. It would have also been an edgy thing to do whereas now it's just another day out for everyone - and I mean everyone.
I also go to pride parades and participate in gay culture because I'm edgy, not because I'm attracted to men. Do gay people even go to pride parades anymore?

It's the opposite - going to a pride march in the 80s makes it more likely you're gay than it would now. Then it was a protest. Now it's a carnival.
But in context, couldn't have just been him attending this march as part of PRIDE to support the Gemini Club and the persistent Police raids? It was the reason it was moved to Huddersfield after all to this occasion. He could have attended with a friend who was gay. Doesn't automatically place Moz in the gay box, does it?

HUDDERSFIELD PRIDE '81
After continued raids on Huddersfield's Gemini Club, London Pride decided to move the national march to Huddersfield in 1981 in support of the club's owner John Addy.

I spent years collecting interviews and reading through them, have read his books, read biographies, etc. There is no doubt that this man is queer, whatever term he uses for it. If you're a fan, you should know that
No I disagree. You simply want your idol to be gay because you are gay.

But if Moz were truly gay he would be flying the rainbow flag like every other gay.

But he never has flown it and, as we all know, never will.

He was flirting with the gay scene in the 80s because back then it was a rebellious and edgy thing to do.

But in context, couldn't have just been him attending this march as part of PRIDE to support the Gemini Club and the persistent Police raids? It was the reason it was moved to Huddersfield after all to this occasion. He could have attended with a friend who was gay. Doesn't automatically place Moz in the gay box, does it?

HUDDERSFIELD PRIDE '81
After continued raids on Huddersfield's Gemini Club, London Pride decided to move the national march to Huddersfield in 1981 in support of the club's owner John Addy.
There are a lot of things that place him into the not-straight box though. Including him stating he's bisexual, etc

HUDDERSFIELD PRIDE '81
No, attending the march does not. Everything else he's said and done does though.

It's not about the movie being sellable at all. The director is a huge fan of the Smiths, that's why he made the movie. If he made a film about Morrissey running off with a girl that would be ridiculous.
Moz should have fired into Jodie Comer as she's gorgeous, he should have INSISTED that was part of the script.

But if Moz were truly gay he would be flying the rainbow flag like every other gay.

He was flirting with the gay scene in the 80s because back then it was a rebellious and edgy thing to do.

Please explain straight fans who accept he's queer to me.

You don't actually know a lot of gay people, do you?

Humasexual is not straight, he calls himself a humasexual because he's not straight. He was prompted to label himself something other than straight because of his book where he talks about his boyfriends
Morrissey has always been about mystery and ambiguity. This why he calls himself a humasexual.

All of this is speculation & I sense one of those circular argumentative threads beginning; none of us will ever know with complete certainty. I don't care, I love him for his music, & will continue to do so.

In the old days gays were Joe Orton, Francis Bacon, Kenneth Williams.

Nowadays we have Alan Carr and Philip Schofield.
Yeah, but have you actually met any gay people?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom