The Atlantic's pandemic playlist includes "My Hurling Days Are Done"

The Atlantic (one of America's few sane media outlets these days) has a short piece about 13 songs to help get through the pandemic, and includes this great write-up (by James Parker) of "My Hurling Days Are Done":

Forgive him his trespasses, as he might—actually probably wouldn’t—forgive yours. A yodeler on the Alp of himself, calling in his lost sheep, his black sheep, his whipping boys, in that rich and curling tenor, this, ah, complex individual is still in magnificent voice, and still capable of writing superbly, as demonstrated by this cut from his new album, I Am Not a Dog On a Chain.

I'll stick my neck out and suggest that "A yodeler on the Alp of himself" is my favourite description of Morrissey, ever.

The Atlantic (one of America's few sane media outlets these days) has a short piece about 13 songs to help get through the pandemic, and includes this great write-up (by James Parker) of "My Hurling Days Are Done":

Forgive him his trespasses, as he might—actually probably wouldn’t—forgive yours. A yodeler on the Alp of himself, calling in his lost sheep, his black sheep, his whipping boys, in that rich and curling tenor, this, ah, complex individual is still in magnificent voice, and still capable of writing superbly, as demonstrated by this cut from his new album, I Am Not a Dog On a Chain.

I'll stick my neck out and suggest that "A yodeler on the Alp of himself" is my favourite description of Morrissey, ever.

He'd forgive anyone as long as it didn't involve killing kittens, slagging him off in the press, not being The New York Dolls, or sending him an invoice.

It is one of the best descriptions.

9881F800-08A3-40AD-974D-12C24B8D23EF.gif

What's this pic from? I've never seen this session.
Taken by Bryan Adams (yes that Bryan Adams) in Rome:

rs-120629-20121121-bryan-adams-x595-1353520909.jpg

On a 2005 morning in Rome, Morrissey was prepping for a photo shoot with Adams when the photographer caught him out on a balcony, deep in a moment of contemplation. "At the time, I was shooting with a Rolleiflex camera, which is really quiet," Adams explains. "I don't know if he knew I was starting. I saw [the moment] and it was there. It seemed like a beautiful picture."
Info: Rolling Stone.

Reminded me of this photo shoot:
JD.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Taken by Bryan Adams (yes that Bryan Adams) in Rome:

View attachment 55552

On a 2005 morning in Rome, Morrissey was prepping for a photo shoot with Adams when the photographer caught him out on a balcony, deep in a moment of contemplation. "At the time, I was shooting with a Rolleiflex camera, which is really quiet," Adams explains. "I don't know if he knew I was starting. I saw [the moment] and it was there. It seemed like a beautiful picture."
Info: Rolling Stone.

Reminded me of this photo shoot:
View attachment 55553

Regards,
FWD.
Holy shit. Really?

Somewhere in the very very back of my brain, under the fake floor, I recall something about that.

I loved Reckless and Into The Fire. Had 'em both on cassette.

That is real MOZ!! THE SENSITIVE ,THE ONE I LIKE ,THE LONELY, TROUGHTFUL, THE ONE WHO IS NOT AFRAID TO BE WITH HIMSELF,THE ONE WHO CRIES,THE ONE I IMAGINE...THE PART THAT MOST ATTRACTS ME , A SENSATIONAL PHOTO THAT I HAVE SAVED, THE ONE THAT SHOWS IT JUST AS IT IS OFF STAGE,!!!!.MOZ BE HUMAN
IN MY OPINION BY FAR THE BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Bueno no tan buena la traduccion dije que ese es el verdadero Moz el que no tiene miedo de estar consigo mismo ,el solitario el sensible el que llora ,el que me gusta ,el que me imagino ,la foto que lo muestra tal como es fuera de los escenarios y la parte que mas me atrae!!!! El Moz ser humano!!!

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom