The best wedding EVER for a couple of Smiths fans who tied the knot at Salford Lads Club - MEN

The best wedding EVER for a couple of Smiths fans who tied the knot at Salford Lads Club - Manchester Evening News

Excerpt: "They may not have been able to get Morrissey as best man. But a bride and groom got the next best thing - a wedding ceremony at Salford Lads Club. Johanna Wroe and Neil Roberts tied the knot in The Smiths Room of the building.

Both lifelong fans of the band, Neil used lyrics from the song “William It Was Really Nothing” to pledge his love. He said the line: “Would you like to marry me, if you like I can buy a ring.”

38922_slc_wedding.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The "he" in this tale is me. And whilst I used the lyric "would you like to marry me" etc in my proposal, I also used a lot of other Smiths and Morrissey lyrics, taken completely out of their recorded context and made up in to a book that charted my now wife and I's relationship. We had little signs in Morrissey esque handwriting about the place on the wedding day that were bastardised lyrics, "take a vulgar picture" at the photo booth. "Sweetness, Sweetness" by the sweetie cart for the kids, "hang the Dj" well I'll let you use your imagination as to where that was, and "I won't share you" by the cakes! We met as a direct result of our shared love of The Smiths and Morrissey. For our wedding to have been held somewhere so iconic in smiths folklore was just perfect. The building is incredible, the volunteers are amazing and we have made some amazing friends as well as amazing memories. To anyone who wishes to pour scorn on our day, feel free. We did something that represented us,
Massively, instead of bowing to an accepted norm of what a wedding ought to be. "There is no such thing in life as normal".

Well for us, it was an absolutely perfect day, if you think we did Something cool, great. If you think something else then that's your perrogative. I was lucky enough to have my wife suggest something truly unique to us, and "I'm not sorry"

Congrats! You can't say Will Never Marry

Congrats to the couple. I wish my wife like morrissey at all

The "he" in this tale is me. And whilst I used the lyric "would you like to marry me" etc in my proposal, I also used a lot of other Smiths and Morrissey lyrics, taken completely out of their recorded context and made up in to a book that charted my now wife and I's relationship. We had little signs in Morrissey esque handwriting about the place on the wedding day that were bastardised lyrics, "take a vulgar picture" at the photo booth. "Sweetness, Sweetness" by the sweetie cart for the kids, "hang the Dj" well I'll let you use your imagination as to where that was, and "I won't share you" by the cakes! We met as a direct result of our shared love of The Smiths and Morrissey. For our wedding to have been held somewhere so iconic in smiths folklore was just perfect. The building is incredible, the volunteers are amazing and we have made some amazing friends as well as amazing memories. To anyone who wishes to pour scorn on our day, feel free. We did something that represented us,
Massively, instead of bowing to an accepted norm of what a wedding ought to be. "There is no such thing in life as normal".

Well for us, it was an absolutely perfect day, if you think we did Something cool, great. If you think something else then that's your perrogative. I was lucky enough to have my wife suggest something truly unique to us, and "I'm not sorry"
It wouldn't be a Morrissey wedding if you didn't get some snide comments and misunderstandings. We're just trying to help add extra Morrissey-ness to it.

what happens if a long time smiths fan commits seppuku at a morrissey concert? does the headline the next day read "best seppuku EVER at morrissey concert"?

im just curious, this isnt for myself (im not planning on doing this moz, so no need to ban me from your concerts. also come to canada! also, i looooooove you)

To the anon who misquoted me, cheating this system:

I didn't say that, but I could subscribe it.

I could add it's a lie we tell to ourselves to avoid suicide. Life is a pigsty, you know.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom