The Bluetones....

Apologies Maverick. Did not mean to cause offence.
At least we agree that it is a great album, but I just struggle when I have to buy it twice, especially, when I bought all the singles from Expecting and Last Chance Saloon and still bought Singles 2CD and Rough Outline 3CD version.
Believe me, I am not killing music.
Anyway, just asking, but sorry again. Cheers

Fair enough - sorry, but down/up loading is just a real hatered of mine - i think it's killed the singles charts (along with Radio 1 deciding what is & isn't cool, and the sad f***ers who buy into it).

Trust me though, it's worth the £10.99 (well, thats what i paid) for the second disc. If you've already got the BBC radio sessions CD from a couple of years ago (and if you haven't, i recommend it), the second Disc of ETF sits beautifully alongside it.

I'm listening to it right now - it's superb. I never want to leave 1996 in my head.

I'd also recommend the Early Garage Years Compilation. Some people say it's the Bluetones scraping the barrell; i say those people should f*** OFF.

They also did an internet only EP, called "Serenity Now" a few years ago - that's well worth tracking down, as is the Live album "Once Upon A Time In West Twelve" - a dream 'Tones set-list, that one.

I'd have liked to have seen a 3rd disc with the current re-issue "releated works '95-'96" containing all the B-Sides & single-only releases as well.

All in all, the Tones have a rich & rewarding back catalogue that deserves constant re-appraisal. I'd like to see further re-issues, running alongside some new material, hopefully.

I never want to leave 1996 in my head.

They also did an internet only EP, called "Serenity Now" a few years ago - that's well worth tracking down,

Agreed, let's bash our heads together.

Is that internet only EP, Mark's solo offering? I'm trying to find a song called Lemon And Lime from about 4 years ago.

Agreed, let's bash our heads together.

Is that internet only EP, Mark's solo offering? I'm trying to find a song called Lemon And Lime from about 4 years ago.

No, it's a Bluetones release.

The song you're looking for features on Mark's solo album "Memory Muscle" which was released about a year ago.

By the way, i spoke to the drummer from the Bluetones last year, on the phone, and he took my name & address - i got a Christmas card from them last Christmas!

That's a personal touch that most groups wouldn't bother with. And do you know why? Cos the Bluetones aren't c***s.

There is also a live set on the new CD, taken from Radio 1 Sound City 95.

I'm heartened to see the 'Tones enjoy a strong following on here.

By the way Maverick, after my 'telling off'', I took your advice and bought Expecting To Fly again, this morning, much to the wife's dismay. I blame you if this ends up in the divorce courts.
Early Garage Years is actually one of my fave Bluetones albums, bit repetitive, but some great early versions. Love BBC Sessions aswell, especially early tracks. Was just disappointed that the Peel version of 'Parting Gesture' was not on it, but delighted that it is on new expanded version of Expecting. I seem to remember I had it on an old tape that came with a magazine (either an NME tape, Vox tape or could have been a Select tape). Can't remember, it must have been about 1995.

By the way Maverick, after my 'telling off'', I took your advice and bought Expecting To Fly again, this morning, much to the wife's dismay. I blame you if this ends up in the divorce courts.
Early Garage Years is actually one of my fave Bluetones albums, bit repetitive, but some great early versions. Love BBC Sessions aswell, especially early tracks. Was just disappointed that the Peel version of 'Parting Gesture' was not on it, but delighted that it is on new expanded version of Expecting. I seem to remember I had it on an old tape that came with a magazine (either an NME tape, Vox tape or could have been a Select tape). Can't remember, it must have been about 1995.

Lol, don't worry about it mate - i've already been divorced once, it's a cakewalk. And i met someone better after it was all over!

Seriously though, i've tallied up the 2 CD's into Chronological order - i reckon there are still some unreleased BBC sessions out there.

I'm not including the 2 Janice Long performances that were on the "Surrendered" single - because i know you'll already have them.

Any ideas - i think the 1996 John Peel session is incomplete.

Maverick, I think these are the tracks from the Peel Session of 1996:
The Simple Things
Castle Rock
Devil Behind My Smile
Vampire

I don't think Simple Things or Devil Behind My Smile have been released offically.

String Along and Slight Return are also missing from the original broadcast of Bristol '95.

These will all probably appear on the 16 and half year anniversary of Expecting To Fly, which you are defintely uploading for me!:thumb:

Cheers

Maverick, I think these are the tracks from the Peel Session of 1996:
The Simple Things
Castle Rock
Devil Behind My Smile
Vampire

I don't think Simple Things or Devil Behind My Smile have been released offically.

String Along and Slight Return are also missing from the original broadcast of Bristol '95.

These will all probably appear on the 16 and half year anniversary of Expecting To Fly, which you are defintely uploading for me!:thumb:

Cheers

Cheers for the info - you have to ask why they haven't been released yet? 2 BBC sessions discs and still not every track? There was certainly enough space on either disc for a full set.

It's a bit annoying really!

BTW, i''ve just checked the offical Top 75 album charts - the re-release of Expecting hasn't even registered - WTF???

Shocking that the Tones haven't scored a top 10 for over a decade - we need to get a serious download campaign going.

Anyone up for joing me - make The Tones number 1 in the charts? That'd f*** 'em off at Radio 1.

Back
Top Bottom