The Cure

We all knew it anyway the guardian know sweet eff a about music their hideous review of California Son and saying Disintegration being a patchy album giving the live show a crap review, the journalist is thick as shit even gave Unkle one star, I was there and everyone was raving about it so bitter bitter little c***s

The intro to Plainsong still results in goosebumps, after all these years.
This album is a masterpiece in the true sense of the word.
So many memories too...

Last edited:
Saw The Cure on Sat night in Dublin. Amazing. 29 songs. Looking forward to New Order in July, Gary Numan in Sept, Lloyd Cole after that. Sweet.
I hadn't seen The Cure since 2000 in Sydney.

Saw The Cure on Sat night in Dublin. Amazing. 29 songs. Looking forward to New Order in July, Gary Numan in Sept, Lloyd Cole after that. Sweet.

Awesome, are they still touring the Distengration 30 year anniversary or more of the greatest hits?

So boring live they should hire some robots to dance or something. Great band and great songs but they have never been a live band and are and always will be a studio band and there is nothing wrong with that.

I don't think I've ever heard such disappointed fans as theirs after a live gig.

Lloyd Cole is awful.

Sorry!

How did he get to that place when he doesn't fly all the way from Sydney?

So boring live they should hire some robots to dance or something. Great band and great songs but they have never been a live band and are and always will be a studio band and there is nothing wrong with that.

I don't think I've ever heard such disappointed fans as theirs after a live gig.
The Cure? The only people disappointed after a Cure concert are those empty headed twats who know one song and that song is Lovecats.
The Cure play for 2.5, 3, sometimes 4 hours and Robert's voice is always perfect and Simon Gallup on bass is unsurpassed. But some ringpiece in the audience needs to see them dance too.

The intro to Plainsong still results in goosebumps, after all these years.
This album is a masterpiece in the true sense of the word.
So many memories too...
100%. I listened to the Disintegration cassette a zillion times in the hot summer of '89 and then saw them on The Prayer Tour. That was a magical time when they were at their creative peak and everything they did was perfect. Wish was great too but Disintegration is a hard album to beat.

Back
Top Bottom