the "Did you know" thread

3. It is impossible to fold Morrissey more than seven times.
Somehow I don't believe that :p
10. If you lie on your back with your legs stretched it is impossible to sink in Morrissey!
This is possible, but however, it must be proven! Immediately!
A group of frogs is called an army.
Oh, I love these "What is it called?" things, especially when they're about animals. Like:

Ducks are never male. The males of the species are called drakes.

Who would have thought of it!

Last edited:
thank you, Nuts magazine

did you know the average toilet will last 50 years before needing replacing?

Re: thank you, Nuts magazine

Did you know that you can suffocate due to talcum-powder! :eek:

The lesser-queueing Julia *snigger*

If you hear screaming, it's just me trying to get that eighth fold into him. Dammit, I'll probably dream that, now....

"In general, the wording of an invitation to dine with someone in a restaurant will give a clue as to who will pay the bill. If someone says, "Would you please have dinner with me?" or "I would like to invite you to dinner," it usually means that you are to be a guest and that person will pay the bill. If someone says, "Would you like to have dinner together?" or "Do you want to grab a bite to eat?" it probably means that each will pay for what he or she eats and drinks and will contribute towards the tip for the waiter or waitress. If you are not sure how the bill will be paid, assume that you will pay your share."

There. Just so you know. :p

Bloody Hell!
and to think I got through without knowing that!! :p

^^Why would you want someone to pay for your dinner? :confused: Edited to clarify: I mean, why would you expect someone to do that?
I meant to post this before but I don't remember if I did or not:
Did you know that in ancient Hebrew (and modern Arabic too, I think), Moz means banana? (the modern Hebrew is banana, if you're curious :) ).

That's called romantic, drunken goldfish! If a nice young lad some day asks you for dinner it's a nice gesture if he pays, isn't it?

Well, if a nice young lad asked me out I would have to decline ;) , but back in my dating days I always paid for my share, why should he pay? (nowdays Mr. Goldfish always pays because he makes about 3 times more than me :) ).

^^^To bad they didn't stick to Moz... I would :(

Paying for dinner is like giving a present. You can do that for all sorts of reasons. What's bugging you about that, fishy?

^^^To bad they didn't stick to Moz... I would :(
How do you say banana in Serbian then? Better yet, teach us something dirty :) .
Paying for dinner is like giving a present. You can do that for all sorts of reasons. What's bugging you about that, fishy?
Nothing, it's nice if you're celebrating something, I just don't like the notion that guys automatically have to pay if you're going out.

drunken goldfish said:
Nothing, it's nice if you're celebrating something, I just don't like the notion that guys automatically have to pay if you're going out.

I know I do :p

^^you're one of those people that's only a feminist when it suits them, eh? That's what Mr. Goldfish always says when I ask him to kill a cockroach :) .

How do you say banana in Serbian then? Better yet, teach us something dirty :) .
I was shocked the other day when I realized I couldn't talk dirty in Serbian! I don't know the words! :(

(I do know a couple of common curses, but that's not my level really :p )

And banana, of course, stays what it is - a banana!

I was shocked the other day when I realized I couldn't talk dirty in Serbian! I don't know the words! :(

What situation prompted this realization, I wonder? :p Also, how could you not know the words? did you have a strict upbringing or something?

The Leaning Tower of Pisa has never really been straight!!!!!

The Leaning Tower of Pisa has never really been straight :)

Soon after building started in 1173, the foundation of the Pisa tower settled unevenly. Construction was stopped, and was continued only a 100 year later. It then became visibly clear that the Tower of Pisa is leaning, tilting to the south.
Since regular measuring of the tower began in 1911, the top of the tower has moved 1,2 millimetres (0,05 inch) per year. Today the top of the Tower of Pisa is some 5,3m (17,4 ft) off-centre.

After the bell tower of the Cathedral of Pavia collapsed in 1989, the Consorzio Progetto Torre di Pisa (Tower of Pisa Project Consortium) commissioned engineers to stabilise the Leaning Tower. Because the Tower tilted in different directions in its first years, it is slightly curved, like a banana. Engineers are working on the footing of the Tower rather than the structure, hoping to ease the top back about 20 cm (about 8 inches). But it means that the 800-year old tower will remain leaning.

Back
Top Bottom