The dreadful state of UK ticket sales

I recently wrote a brief exploration of how drastically Morrissey's ticket sale figures have plummeted in the UK, with special attention given to the startlingly low sales for the upcoming Leeds gig.

With two weeks to go until the show, huge quantities of seats remain unsold in some of the best blocks in the venue while standing floor tickets also remain.

Full article can be seen online here.

1*LsogXWhUXkVhjvajZMKTgw.jpeg

Look at the obituary for his f***ing cat. The man has lost his mind and it saddens me.

No he hasn’t. I cried everyday for 8 months straight when my cat Alex died. I know exactly how he feels and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:
Fake Chameleon (on the right) and "Verso" using their 'incognitive'skills to bring total confusion to yet
another thread.o_O

He is a blatant robber of other peoples greatness with his disgusting signing of dead peoples albums, photoshopping himself into images of great dead people, horrible same old repetitive stage show- those backdrop videos and images at shows may mean something to him in his wealthy, cashmere world but in soaking wet England not many really give a shit. His f***ing crap band, naff cover album, lives it up in L.A. while England is engulfed in storms and flooding.
If ever there was a dog that's had it's day its old egotistical Morrissey.
Top dog no more.
He probably will go and rob the Mexicans, they don't see him at all for the has been he is in this country, that he fled from years ago.

I live fairly local to Leeds, I work there. I'm not going and that is not anything to do with his non-musical views.

Seen Morrissey many times but I'm not paying these tickets prices. If they were 30 quid? Yes. He has just pushed it too far for me.
Two of us have decent seats for total £104.50 & that includes booking fees & postage, that is decent in this current climate pal.

What's funny about this thread is the absolute manifest nature of Thewlis's mental state. Defend anything and everything despite evidence and fact. Truth is a stranger to this 'person'. But - you know, watch them continue. This sad case used to organise after-gig parties in Amsterdam, and must have been scratching around for something to do. But, you know, kudos on finding a purpose - triumphing the opposite of truth. Magnificent.

Okay, so maybe his following has decreased. Maybe he doesn’t sell as many albums or tickets as he used to. But who cares? Why dwell on this? Nobody’s going to stay on top forever. Elvis didn’t, Frank didn’t, Bowie didn’t. Etc. There are still a huge amount of people across the globe who love Moz and his music. I am one. He and his music and lyrics have meant too much for me for way too many years for me to just ‘quit’ him over some shit like his personal opinions. I’m not even sure what those opinions really are. He is too conflicted, too complicated, too hard too pinpoint.

I find it despicable and, frankly, ungrateful, that some people so easily are willing to turn their backs on him after everything his music has meant to them, just because he might have some obscure opinions that possibly differ from their own.

The article linked is not a rumor, it actually exists. I didn't see the title of the thread had changed.
That’s a disappointing answer. The article exists, yes, but it consists of rumours and false assumptions. Furthermore the title has been changed to a dreadful untruth presented as a fact. Perhaps you didn’t see it at first, but you do see it now. So what are you going to do about it now you have seen it?

I just looked at Ticketmaster FR and there are no seats available. So, I believe it really is sold out.

There are tickets available for the Paris gig.

Available:

5 seats in 2nd row
15 seats in 3rd row centre
5 seats in 4th row centre
13 seats in 5th row centre

This information is from the French Ticketmaster site so it is safe to assume it is correct and up to date.

morrissey paris.jpg

What's funny about this thread is the absolute manifest nature of Thewlis's mental state. Defend anything and everything despite evidence and fact. Truth is a stranger to this 'person'. But - you know, watch them continue. This sad case used to organise after-gig parties in Amsterdam, and must have been scratching around for something to do. But, you know, kudos on finding a purpose - triumphing the opposite of truth. Magnificent.
Regardless of Thewlis' stance, I do not think that you are in any position to comment on anyone's 'mental state'. Your unhinged obsession with Morrissey has made you a laughing stock.

Okay, so maybe his following has decreased. Maybe he doesn’t sell as many albums or tickets as he used to. But who cares? Why dwell on this? Nobody’s going to stay on top forever. Elvis didn’t, Frank didn’t, Bowie didn’t. Etc. There are still a huge amount of people across the globe who love Moz and his music. I am one. He and his music and lyrics have meant too much for me for way too many years for me to just ‘quit’ him over some shit like his personal opinions. I’m not even sure what those opinions really are. He is too conflicted, too complicated, too hard too pinpoint.

I find it despicable and, frankly, ungrateful, that some people so easily are willing to turn their backs on him after everything his music has meant to them, just because he might have some obscure opinions that possibly differ from their own.

‘clever’ swine ... all of them.

:cool:

Available:

5 seats in 2nd row

This information is from the French Ticketmaster site so it is safe to assume it is correct and up to date.

View attachment 54573
Yes, and they are 185-200€ a ticket.
What is you point? That it’s not selling well!?
‘The dreadful state of Paris ticket sales’.

I've been saying for 18 months now that the UK fan-base has hemorrhaged by around 60%.
The evidence was the cancelled tour of summer 2018 and, more clearly, the sales for California Son.
Low in High School = 25,000 in Week 1.
California Son = 8,000 despite similar reviews and radio backing for lead single.
His pre-For Britain London fanbase was over 25,000 when it came to live shows.
He's playing to just one venue this time with a 12,000 capacity.
Even with a 60% loss of the fan base, it should be pretty full but it clearly is not about to sell out. Watch out for very cheap tickets nearer the day.

Steve P Morrissey - all you need to do is apologise, say you've made a massive mistake, and that you do not endorse far-right politics. You clearly don't, but urging people to vote for a far-right party (because it is led by a vegan feminist) has led thousands to jump to an obvious conclusion.
talk about precise,are you sure its not 61% or even 59%,there is still two weeks to go,this is coming up to pay week in the uk so people could be buying tickets when they get paid.,when your buying Christmas presents do you buy them two weeks before xmas,no everyone shops until the last day,i predict 86.4% full on the night,hows that for precision.

Morrissey’s newer music no longer transcends the bubble of his catalog and only serves as something to be compared with his previous work.

The band is completely incompetent. Tobias’ guitar tone and style are vomit inducing and Gustavo is only slightly more capable than Kristopher Pooley was. Michael Farrell and Alain Whyte are sorely missed.

The set list is disgusting. Same crap over and over tour after tour. Lazy, uninspired and with no concern for putting on the best show possible.

Current quality control speaks for itself. Look at his official site. Look at the album and single covers. Look at the merchandise. Look at the obituary for his f***ing cat. The man has lost his mind and it saddens me.

The Problem Have a name: Gustavo and Jessie, and the horrible Latin sound! The band is like Miami Sound Machine. :guitar:

Available:

5 seats in 2nd row

View attachment 54573

I like how, despite factual evidence to the contrary of these acolyte's tinted-specs, this post has been marked down.

I mean, seriously, it's three monkeys time.

Hilarious.

Yes, and they are 185-200€ a ticket.
What is you point? That it’s not selling well!?
‘The dreadful state of Paris ticket sales’.

I was responding to a previous poster who said there were no Paris tickets remaining. I posted to show there were tickets remaining. That was my point.

Available:

5 seats in 2nd row

View attachment 54573
I was responding to a previous poster who said there were no Paris tickets remaining. I posted to show there were tickets remaining. That was my point.
It’s nearly sold out then. Or in other words ‘it’s selling really well’, at 99,7 per cent sold.
If only you had such clear data on the Leeds and London dates. Now you have to spread rumours around. I hope you find some enjoyment in doing so.

Available:

5 seats in 2nd row

View attachment 54573
38 tickets left and its not a sell out,think that's wishful thinking on your part.fatgayfandan.

Tags
morrissey racism ticketmaster tour

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom