The dreadful state of UK ticket sales

I recently wrote a brief exploration of how drastically Morrissey's ticket sale figures have plummeted in the UK, with special attention given to the startlingly low sales for the upcoming Leeds gig.

With two weeks to go until the show, huge quantities of seats remain unsold in some of the best blocks in the venue while standing floor tickets also remain.

Full article can be seen online here.

1*LsogXWhUXkVhjvajZMKTgw.jpeg

There are loads of seats unsold though and the floor is not sold out either so attendance could be around 7500 which is about 36% down on 18. However he played 2 other arenas in the North in 18 which were also at about 85% sold.

So last time around (and ignoring the fact he cancelled his last scheduled tour) he played to about 36000 people in the North, this time it’s going to be around 7 or 8 thousand.

Thats a very dramatic slump in his Northern audience.

Look! You need to stop being so reasonable it's unnerving the Moz-bots.

If we can leave disputed stats out of the discussion there is an undeniable fact that begs repeating: it has never taken this long for Morrissey to reach a better level of capacity or, indeed, sell out venues of this size

This is a tour linked to the release of an album but ..... he will be playing to significantly less people, across these two UK venues, to promote it. Why?

If there is a plan to add more UK dates then that emboldens the Moz-bots argument. As yet there are no additional dates. Is it a case of wait and see?

Now that is really desperate ......

Roll up. Roll up! Get your Morrissey tickets 'ere. All sections available reduced prices. Come on. Get your tickets now - three for a fiver!

At least I think that's what the old cro(ne) meant?

Her very own version of a Super Injunction. Hypocrite.

Take her words with a large dollop of salt She ignores. She replies to comments from users she has apparently ignored and then claims she hasn't. She also claims she does not reply to comments - she posts to comments. Strange then that she has replied so often. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

She could have just put users on ignore but, oh no, she had to announce it.

With her tail between her legs she runs and hides - her trolling, hateful behaviour clear for all to see.

The death threat lark showed her to be the attention seeking imbecile she is.

All I can say is good riddance.

Now, I wonder who would have taken the time to 'troll' that comment? Karen, love, you're embarrassing yourself.

There are loads of seats unsold though and the floor is not sold out either so attendance could be around 7500 which is about 36% down on 18. However he played 2 other arenas in the North in 18 which were also at about 85% sold.

So last time around (and ignoring the fact he cancelled his last scheduled tour) he played to about 36000 people in the North, this time it’s going to be around 7 or 8 thousand.

Thats a very dramatic slump in his Northern audience.
If I remember correctly in 2018 Newcastle was 8000, Birmingham 13000 & Leeds was the 12000 quoted so total is 33000, a bit less than 36000, but in the context of the discussion 3000 is still a chunky amount.
Another point I feel IS relevant is that these discussions HAVE happened in the past re Arena shows and how they dont sell out in a few days but when gig time comes the fans do rock up on the night. The one thing certain about Arena venues in the UK is that if you want a ticket you WILL get one and for Moz this HAS been the case for some time, however if he had announced a gig at say a 2500 capacity venue in Leeds that would have sold out by now and thousands of fans would have missed out. In my experience of following Moz around the UK & beyond I've enjoyed the Arena shows as much as the smaller venues in equal measure, they're different for sure but seeing Moz play to the masses has always been a fantastic experience.

The negative kick-back to this article is what you’d expect in this forum. Most of the negativity is unrequited wish fulfilment: people who just do not want to believe that Morrissey has hit a rough patch, a significant rough patch. He has and it’s continuing …

His aborted UK tour was due to poor ticket sales. That fact was visible to anyone who clicked on any of the venues to find extensive ticket availability weeks after the tickets went on sale. Only viable option: tour cancellation.

His subsequent tour of the USA was also mired by poor ticket sales and, although there was ample evidence online to support this, it was denied by many in this forum as false even when the Camden show reduced ticket prices to $7.

Excuses made now about the current UK sales are laughable. Morrissey has taken weeks and weeks to even get this questionable level of ticket sales for Leeds.

If you are a fan, you’re supportive, I get that, but I just don’t get the denial. If you’re going to the gigs you’re expecting to have a good time and probably will. Why do some feel the need to claim tickets are selling well or are sold out when the opposite is evidently true? Even if both UK gigs sell out they will have taken an age to do so ….. this is not normal for a Morrisey gig no matter what ‘fans’ claim. True fans will know the feeling of dread as tickets went on sale for say 19 UK dates and their attempts to get tickets for any of them - as they sold out in under 10 minutes.

Cruel World sold out. Morrissey did not sell out Cruel World. He played his part in it certainly but just look at that line-up. A huge number of people will be going to see other bands. To claim otherwise is the height of stupidity.

As for Vegas ….. I think these dates will sell well. I base this on the size of the venue and fans wanting to see/experience something a little different. I may be proved wrong but I think these dates will sell out in a way that used to be the norm for Morrissey gigs.

Have the Leeds tickets been posted out yet? Haven’t received mine yet

of course the shows will all sell out. grab your tickets asap they are late for delivery due to huge demand?
?
ignore the usual loser clown trolls?

of course the shows will all sell out. grab your tickets asap they are late for delivery due to huge demand?
?
ignore the usual loser clown trolls?

It's going to be f***ing hilarious watching you using the emoji of yourself. Anyway, retard, looks like you have you been locked in the padded room all day today. What was the reason for that?

Have the Leeds tickets been posted out yet? Haven’t received mine yet

Apparently there was a meeting at Moz HQ this week.
Steve was wanting to cancel due to poor ticket sales but there was a big problem trying to come up with an original excuse that hasn’t already been used.
So the latest is if you bought tickets they’re thinking of posting out two for one. ( buy one get one free ) example if you purchased 3 you will receive 6.
This way they won’t be seen on the Leeds side streets handing out freebies to the homeless and the venue will look full.
Win win all round.

?? :knife:

It's going to be f***ing hilarious watching you using the emoji of yourself. Anyway, retard, looks like you have you been locked in the padded room all day today. What was the reason for that?

he’s a serious lost cause that vegan. Him and “Great News” to every Moz news, Thewlis. I doubt delusions of that grandeur had ever been known before

Can't believe his Zionist pals in Leeds haven't bought up all the tickets

I’ve just been catching up with all this.
Does anyone remember when Steve released a video message ?
He opened with “l’d like to take this opportunity” I think it was around the time of the Der Spiegel controversy. He also moaned of the press not reviewing his album properly, could have been Low In High School.
It was an unusual bit of footage, looked like it was filmed in a living room with a few props in the background.
I’d love to take another look at it but can’t find it anywhere.

WTF!!! quit talking your :poop: for brains will dribble out of your hole FFS

Peeps the shows are all basically sold out. Moz once again is KILLING IT
while the :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: is♿

I’ve just been catching up with all this.
Does anyone remember when Steve released a video message ?
He opened with “l’d like to take this opportunity” I think it was around the time of the Der Spiegel controversy. He also moaned of the press not reviewing his album properly, could have been Low In High School.
It was an unusual bit of footage, looked like it was filmed in a living room with a few props in the background.
I’d love to take another look at it but can’t find it anywhere.

Tags
morrissey racism ticketmaster tour

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom