The East End Morrissey tour Take Two - Sat 30th May

Virgil Tracy

Good Evening West 'am!
I will re-run this tour if anyone would like to do it as a group on Saturday lunchtime.

Places to see......

The Grave Maurice
Tench Street/Reardon Street
Turks Head
Vallance Road
Victoria Park
West Ham Boys Club
York Hall
Plus any other requests!!

Last edited:
Re: The East End Morrissey tour is still going ahead!!!

Can someone explain the significance of some of these places? I feel a bit ignorant here :o

It sounds like fun.

Sounds like an idea, I'd be in +1 if there is a time agreed before I leave in the morning.

Virgil
I trust my royalty cheque will be in the post:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

I have a few lads from LA staying and I am going to take them on the tour of the East End Morrissey sights (including Upton Park, due to popular demand;)) if anyone would like to join us and have a solo meet up at the same time, then you are more than welcome, I can agree times etc when I see numbers etc.

Places to see......

The Grave Maurice
Turks Head
Vallance Road
Victoria Park
West Ham Boys Club
York Hall

Let me know, but we can aim to meet at the late afternoon at maybe Mile End tube.......

Oh, have fun! I did that mini-tour in March - you'll see my name on the Reardon Street sign!

The Grave Maurice - Photo used on the cover of the single - Sunny and the Under the Influnece album.

Turks Head - Most famous for the video for we Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful but Morrissey is also seen leaning againest a nearby post on the inside cover of Bona Drag

Vallance Road - Street sign used on the Kill Uncle tour.

Victoria Park - location for the video of Suny

West Ham Boys Club - During the 1999 Eye Esteban tour Morrissey wore a West Ham boys club t-shirt and also changed many song lyrics to include those two most wonderful words WEST HAM

spaceball.gif

York Hall - used in the video for boxers.

Plus any other requests!! (we can go to the Troxy if anyone feels the need)

We can meet at Whitechapel station at 5pm. (Also name checked in Who Put The M in Manchester)

Virgil
I trust my royalty cheque will be in the post:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

I've got a load of your books/calanders that Rome gave me (he told me they fell off the back of a lorry ;)) I'll knock them out for you.

But I did refer to your book - so Thank you!!

Re: The East End Morrissey tour 26th May 5pm Whitechapel tube station

Sounds fun! I would come along if I could (I lives in Whitechapel :p), but I can't cos of stupid work out in Stratford :mad:.

Have a great time everyone!

Sounds fun! I would come along if I could (I lives in Whitechapel :p), but I can't cos of stupid work out in Stratford :mad:.

Have a great time everyone!

Actually, I just realised I won't be able to get there for 5.

You can catch us up or I'm sure we will be happy to wait an extra 10/15 minutes - if anyone is running late or going to be late you can get in touch via my mobile telephone, 07533 514 212

I have a few lads from LA staying and I am going to take them on the tour of the East End Morrissey sights (including Upton Park, due to popular demand;)) if anyone would like to join us and have a solo meet up at the same time, then you are more than welcome, I can agree times etc when I see numbers etc.

Places to see......

The Grave Maurice
Turks Head
Vallance Road
Victoria Park
West Ham Boys Club
York Hall

Let me know, but we can aim to meet at the late afternoon at maybe Mile End tube.......

Great shout on Upton Park, but then I would say that! :thumb:

There is a nice pub about 3 minutes walk from Plaistow tube called The Black Lion, which has West Ham boxing club next to it, so you can kill two birds with one stone.

I would like to come along but think I will now spend my train fare on a bottle of Vodka to drown my sorrows whilst awaiting confirmation of cancellations on the Brixton dates :tears:

Great shout on Upton Park, but then I would say that! :thumb:

There is a nice pub about 3 minutes walk from Plaistow tube called The Black Lion, which has West Ham boxing club next to it, so you can kill two birds with one stone.

Correct - you will find me in there every other Saturday on my way between my seat in the Rio Lower and Plastow oxo.

Come and join us today.

I would like to come along but think I will now spend my train fare on a bottle of Vodka to drown my sorrows whilst awaiting confirmation of cancellations on the Brixton dates

Come on - you drink your bottle at the end!

Back
Top Bottom