Morrissey Central "The End" (August 14, 2020)

Yes, you would see that information in another thread at the time.
They flew to Belfast on the 12th and were pictured en route to Dublin on the 13th aprox 10 hours prior to the death announcement - not really already 'on holiday' is it?
They both got to Dublin in the late afternoon of the 13th. The announcement came in the small hours of the 14th.
They were actually intending on a holiday in Portugal.
FWD.

wow

so sorry to upset you

The video he posted on his page 2 days ago said they were heading north into northern ireland but stand corrected.

Lol

I would assume the announcement would be a little while after the death. It's usual to inform everyone & make arrangements before it hits social media.

Central is a law unto itself though.

I think things have to happen fast at the moment because funeral directors aren't allowed to embalm with current restrictions.

I think you make assumptions there. There has been a lot of stuff happen since those days. I assume there may be a card, or some flowers or even a quick call but hugs or support and counselling I very much doubt and he may not even have a recent phone number since they haven't been in touch for decades.

I built a successful dream 40 years ago with my friend and we drifted a long time ago and he sold up his part of the business to me. He was a family friend but none of us have had any contact in years and we have moved and none of the numbers from back then exist any more.

People move on and open new chapters and often don't go back.

You paint a sad picture. You could be right, of course - but having read the memoirs of Moz and Marr, I've never thought that door was entirely closed, and decades isn't quite true. A lot of Morrissey's friendships and business relationships ended on a sour note for one reason or another, over the years. It would be nice to think some of those broken bridges could be mended if they reach out now. Who knows? The death of someone so close is difficult and makes you look at your life in a different way.

Seeing upset where there is none is probably something better to be sorry for. Facts get distorted here very quickly - some of us strive to present things in a clear way and asserting Boz was on holiday wasn't quite accurate.
FWD.

Everyone is friends with Boz

You paint a sad picture. You could be right, of course - but having read the memoirs of Moz and Marr, I've never thought that door was entirely closed, and decades isn't quite true. A lot of Morrissey's friendships and business relationships ended on a sour note for one reason or another, over the years. It would be nice to think some of those broken bridges could be mended if they reach out now. Who knows? The death of someone so close is difficult and makes you look at your life in a different way.

If you are talking purely about business relationships going sour then maybe you could be right but we aren’t talking that.

Johnny has stated that he doesn’t agree or like Moz’s political views and that is putting it mildly.

If you think for one minute this is going to lead to a reunited friendship or anything close to it I think you are deluded.

Will never happen

I don’t think either party are interested. I think that was accepted by both of them a long time ago. There has to be the desire on both sides and both have different lives now.

I don’t think either party are interested. I think that was accepted by both of them a long time ago. There has to be the desire on both sides and both have different lives now.

They always had different lives and different views; they were always different people. I'm not deluded, I'm not saying that I expect them to be skipping through Altrincham arm in arm. It would just be nice for old friends to move away from the stilted, estranged, "don't even mention that name to me" kind of situation that it seems has existed for a few years. Who saw that Cheshire pub meet coming? No-one.

The situation between them is not the way anyone would have wanted things to turn out, and Johnny has said that. I can also think of a few other people - Stephen Street, for example - who ended on a sour note with Moz and found, through strange circumstance, a chance to reconnect later. One look through Autobio and you will see that they've been "on and off" for decades, they have not burned bridges, and it goes far beyond politics. It wouldn't need either of them to move mountains, either - Johnny Marr lives a 5-minute drive from Beechmount.

Last edited:
They always had different lives and different views; they were always different people. I'm not deluded, I'm not saying that I expect them to be skipping through Altrincham arm in arm. It would just be nice for old friends to move away from the stilted, estranged, "don't even mention that name to me" kind of situation that it seems has existed for a few years. Who saw that Cheshire pub meet coming? No-one. The situation between them is not the way anyone would have wanted things to turn out, and Johnny has said that. I can also think of a few other people - Stephen Street, for example - who ended on a sour note with Moz and found, through strange circumstance, a chance to reconnect later. One look through Autobio and you will see that they've been "on and off" for decades, they have not burned bridges, and it goes far beyond politics. It wouldn't need either of them to move mountains, either - Johnny Marr lives a 5-minute drive from Beechmount.

Johnny will know all too well that any links to Morrissey would be detrimental to his career. Who wants to link up with someone who is considered toxic by many in and out of the music industry and who can’t even fill a couple of arenas in the uk any more. He has his own career and why would he want to include someone he doesn’t need or want. Same goes for Morrissey. He had made it very clear many times he is not that person any more and he know had Jessie and Boz, he doesn’t need Johnny. They don’t even like each other.

As I said it will never happen. It’s a story that people desire to happen but a story that neither of them desire.

Johnny will know all too well that any links to Morrissey would be detrimental to his career. Who wants to link up with someone who is considered toxic by many in and out of the music industry and who can’t even fill a couple of arenas in the uk any more. He has his own career and why would he want to include someone he doesn’t need or want. Same goes for Morrissey. He had made it very clear many times he is not that person any more and he know had Jessie and Boz, he doesn’t need Johnny. They don’t even like each other.

As I said it will never happen. It’s a story that people desire to happen but a story that neither of them desire.

Sending condolences wouldn't ruin someone's image or career.

Not even the British press is that bad.

They always had different lives and different views; they were always different people. I'm not deluded, I'm not saying that I expect them to be skipping through Altrincham arm in arm. It would just be nice for old friends to move away from the stilted, estranged, "don't even mention that name to me" kind of situation that it seems has existed for a few years. Who saw that Cheshire pub meet coming? No-one. The situation between them is not the way anyone would have wanted things to turn out, and Johnny has said that. I can also think of a few other people - Stephen Street, for example - who ended on a sour note with Moz and found, through strange circumstance, a chance to reconnect later. One look through Autobio and you will see that they've been "on and off" for decades, they have not burned bridges, and it goes far beyond politics. It wouldn't need either of them to move mountains, either - Johnny Marr lives a 5-minute drive from Beechmount.

Johnny chose to leave The Smiths because he couldn't work with him anymore and everything had moved too quickly and too hard.

The situation over the past 5 years will have widened that gap even more.

There would be no reason for him to reunite at this late stage when he has his own band and doing very well with it.

Going back to something he chose not to be a part of more than 30yrs ago is his late 50s is I am sure not something that interests him at all.

Why when you have a happy successful career going that involves no controversy and drama go back to something that has nothing but drama and controversy.

I am pretty sure a peaceful life is what he wants for himself and his family. Morrissey is the one who likes drama and big outcomes. Johnny is far more quiet and restrained and in need of peace in the elder years of his career.

The chances of them successfully getting on in a studio for days on end and on tour or even one gig is just a non starter and that pub was a while back long before the latest chapter of Morrissey made controversy. He is not going to want to be associated with that or even try to deal those outbursts. He is a musician and not a person interested in being in the limelight when the next outburst arrives.

Sending condolences wouldn't ruin someone's image or career.

Not even the British press is that bad.

I am pretty sure I already said there would likely be a card or flowers. I think Amy was talking about something bigger than that.

Johnny chose to leave The Smiths because he couldn't work with him anymore and everything had moved too quickly and too hard.

There would be no reason for him to reunite at this late stage when he has his own band and doing very well with it.

Going back to something he chose not to be a part of more than 30yrs ago is his late 50s is I am sure not something that interests him at all.

Why when you have a happy successful career going that involves no controversy and drama go back to something that has nothing but drama and controversy.

I am pretty sure a peaceful life is what he wants for himself and his family. Morrissey is the one who likes drama and big outcomes. Johnny is far more quiet and restrained and in need of peace in the elder years of his career.

The chances of them successfully getting on in a studio for days on end and on tour or even one gig is just a non starter and that pub was a while back long before the latest chapter of Morrissey made controversy. He is not going to want to be associated with that or even try to deal those outbursts. He is a musician and not a person interested in being in the limelight when the next outburst arrives.

Amy isn't saying they should work together - just reach out in a crisis to be supportive.

Which would be kind & wouldn't bring any kind of condemnation.

Amy isn't saying they should work together - just reach out in a crisis to be supportive.

Which would be kind & wouldn't bring any kind of condemnation.

Exactly. I was talking about support / personal reconciliation, more than anything. Not Smiths reunions.

I wasn't talking about a Smiths reunion, though. Or them going into the studio - just a hug and a thawing of old tensions.

I think johnny will send his condolences either in person or by other means but will keep that between him & Moz , as it should be !
Would like to think he would attend the funeral too.

Well, quite, but I wasn't talking about the music...?

Well, quite, but I wasn't talking about the music...?

Ok. I think of course there will be some means of him sending his condolences as I said originally and yes maybe he will even go to Dublin although that could be difficult given current circumstances.

I am pretty sure I already said there would likely be a card or flowers. I think Amy was talking about something bigger than that.

Meeting up or even becoming friends again wouldn't harm him either - the press has moved on & the moral grandstanding on Twitter has become so putrid that no one takes it seriously anymore.

Meeting up or even becoming friends again wouldn't harm him either - the press has moved on & the moral grandstanding on Twitter has become so putrid that no one takes it seriously anymore.

I am pretty sure Johnny is grown up and intelligent enough to make his own mind up on that front and pretty sure he stated his dislike of Morrissey’s views off his own back rather than anything to do with anything on Twitter. Renewed friendship is very unlikely. I think anything beyond a card or flowers would be unrealistic.

I am pretty sure Johnny is grown up and intelligent enough to make his own mind up on that front and pretty sure he stated his dislike of Morrissey’s views off his own back rather than anything to do with anything on Twitter. Renewed friendship is very unlikely. I think anything beyond a card or flowers would be unrealistic.

Aye, because nothing ever happens in the real world, stated views in the media are the be all & end all. 🙄

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom