The Finer Things Club

bogdana

Finer Things Club Prez
This is a closed club. Only some of you are allowed to join in! We'll have to do it from our homes though since we're so spread out. I'm thinking that tonight, I'll be having some Cabot sharp cheddar with today's choice, Boordy winery's 2007 Riesling. How about you?

As for book reading we'll leave that for next time. Maybe we should discuss what classic novel we should read for next week (or 2 weeks from now, depending on how slow we read?)

If you want to join please post a request here.

Last edited:
hmmmm i dont know corny. That is classic, but maybe not the same genre I'm thinking about.

Last night i had some delicious press box Chicken Fettucine Alfredo whilst calling play-by-play for my university's football team - they lost - and then retired to my dorm to finish the Elvis Costello bio i've been pouring over while eating some sharp cheddar on crackers.

Does any of that count? ;)

Last night i had some delicious press box Chicken Fettucine Alfredo whilst calling play-by-play for my university's football team - they lost - and then retired to my dorm to finish the Elvis Costello bio i've been pouring over while eating some sharp cheddar on crackers.

Does any of that count? ;)

Hmmmm... I think the Costello and the cheese and crackers count. Very good for a first try.

My husband suggested "Candide" By Voltaire (I think) as the first book to read. Does everyone agree? I'm scared of that book. Mostly because I think of "Candidas" every time I see the cover, and thats a yeastie beastie :sick:

Oh pardon me that was not ladylike vernacular.

hah i had JUST added that picture as my sig! I'm thinking corrissey will be vp. there is still 'secretary' and 'treasurer'. who is interested?

maybe we'll have a vote. or co-treasurers. And I could probably have one of those seargant at arms!

"Candide" by Voltaire will be our first book. you can get it here for under $4 with shipping. We won't discuss the book for another 2 weeks or more. We'll see how long it takes for everyone to get theirs. I'll need at LEAST two weeks to read it, because I have a lot of school/work to tend to, So it will be 2 weeks after everyone gets their copy.
Of course you can go get it for $8 at Barnes and Noble if you cannot wait, or check it out from the local library. I will find literary questions about Candide for us to discuss once we've all finished it.

"Candide" by Voltaire will be our first book. you can get it here for under $4 with shipping. We won't discuss the book for another 2 weeks or more. We'll see how long it takes for everyone to get theirs. I'll need at LEAST two weeks to read it, because I have a lot of school/work to tend to, So it will be 2 weeks after everyone gets their copy.
Of course you can go get it for $8 at Barnes and Noble if you cannot wait, or check it out from the local library. I will find literary questions about Candide for us to discuss once we've all finished it.

Does the book have a lot of pictures?

Does the book have a lot of pictures?

Now see? That kind of attitude is why YOU haven't gotten an invitation to the exclusive club yet :D

If you want to try your hand at this "reading" of a "Book", Candide is actually not too bad. Its a quick read, and best of all, it's witty.

Now see? That kind of attitude is why YOU haven't gotten an invitation to the exclusive club yet :D

If you want to try your hand at this "reading" of a "Book", Candide is actually not too bad. Its a quick read, and best of all, it's witty.

I figured this wouldn't be my proverbial cup of tea, but I wish you well in your venture. Hopefully, you won't get any real jerks posting on your group thread

you have to tell us why you think you should be allowed in.

I hope you know there's no trolling... and you have to watch the office, which is a side rule!

i live 'The Office', i love cheese and i simply adore Voltaire :)
as a matter of fact i have given more than one person some his works to read...

Tags
americans vs culture cultural elite waitwut? nbc oscar pam the office toby
Back
Top Bottom