The Gentlemen Commoners upcoming Birmingham, Al Performance

The Gentlemen Commoners, playing the Music of The Smiths and Morrissey, will perform at Saturn in Birmingham, Al on August 26th.

http://www.saturnbirmingham.com/event/1515237-gentleman-commoners-music-birmingham/

Promo:

Band FB Page:

https://www.facebook.com/thegentlemencommoners/

Wow, that was actually quite good for a cover band! :guitar:
And even more so when you consider it is difficult to cover The Smiths and Mozz.
I haven't seen or heard many, most of the times just stopped listening, annoyed and irritated.

And that promo looks rather professional too.
I like it they just really concentrate on the sound and voice and not imitating it by way of strange own interpretations. No exaggerated Mozz impersonations, just doing the voice and quite good!
I can feel they are really fans and they are doing a very good job.
Sound and voice isn't exactly the same of course but they are getting much closer to it, then the other coverbands , IMHO!
I would like to go and see them if I could.
Cheers! :thumb:

That's very kind of you! I'm Philip (the singer), and we do all enjoy playing the music. We are based in a part of the country (Louisiana) with a pretty limited audience for this type of project, but we do look forward to trying to play in other parts of the US (and perhaps in other countries!). Again, thank you for your kind words. We just try to play the music the best we can and leave out all the other "tribute band" stuff.

That's very kind of you! I'm Philip (the singer), and we do all enjoy playing the music. We are based in a part of the country (Louisiana) with a pretty limited audience for this type of project, but we do look forward to trying to play in other parts of the US (and perhaps in other countries!). Again, thank you for your kind words. We just try to play the music the best we can and leave out all the other "tribute band" stuff.

I really meant what I said and the enthusiasm and the love for the music shines through!
I can imagine there is an audience for you. You will find it if it is not in Louisiana then other parts of the US or the world which is becoming smaller and faster aware with some critical acclaim, maybe!
One other thing that struck me, it is really a band, a group that plays, a union heading the same direction so you must be close friends.
I hope you have a good, thrilling time and good luck to you! :thumb:

Well well well ! :guitar:
It's a yes from me Phillip. The easiest yes I've ever had to give on here.
Great sound. Great to hear Stop me, I always feel that we where robbed of not hearing Strangeways tracks live, also great to hear Suedehead being played as it should be played instead of that awful Boorer evolved mash up.
I'm off to watch it again now.
Well done Gentleman :clap:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Benimillo, if you're reading the post above from Benny and he is giving you the thumps up, it really means something as I believe he is the most critical poster on this site about anything concerning Smiths and especially Moz. You have no idea how he has been swinging hiis knifes and cutting to pieces anything not to his taste!
:thumb:

Well well well ! :guitar:
It's a yes from me Phillip. The easiest yes I've ever had to give on here.
Great sound. Great to hear Stop me, I always feel that we where robbed of not hearing Strangeways tracks live, also great to hear Suedehead being played as it should be played instead of that awful Boorer evolved mash up.
I'm off to watch it again now.
Well done Gentleman :clap:

Why thank you Benny for the kind words! I really do appreciate it. I hope our paths will cross one day!

Benimillo, if you're reading the post above from Benny and he is giving you the thumps up, it really means something as I believe he is the most critical poster on this site about anything concerning Smiths and especially Moz. You have no idea how he has been swinging hiis knifes and cutting to pieces anything not to his taste!
That's great to hear! Thanks very much!

I'm not sure how to take this post Quando ! ( it comes across as good vibes :thumbsup: )
I'd like to go further and explain my response.
I've seen many tribute acts and none have sent me home miserable but The Gentlemen have really won me over !
I don't want to see manor ism's
I don't expect/want to see lookalike's

I want to hear my youth, I want to close my eyes and dance my legs down to their knees to the songs that saved my life.

When I watched this great footage the key thing that struck my heart strings was the track "Stop me" it took me back in time to the morning I woke up setting off to work picking up the NME with the news Johnny had quit ! ( I've never been the same since that day :( )

I'm revealing to much now and getting boring.

Keep up the fantastic work The Gentleman and if you take requests I'd love to hear you play Last night I dreamt or better still the whole Strangeways album. :thumb:

Why thank you Benny for the kind words! I really do appreciate it. I hope our paths will cross one day!

It's been a pleasure to view, thankyou from the centre of my heart for taking me back to the good old days.
I'd love to hear you play more Strangeways tracks if possible.
Keep it up guys :thumb:

I'm not sure how to take this post Quando ! ( it comes across as good vibes :thumbsup: )
I'd like to go further and explain my response.
I've seen many tribute acts and none have sent me home miserable but The Gentlemen have really won me over !
I don't want to see manor ism's
I don't expect/want to see lookalike's

I want to hear my youth, I want to close my eyes and dance my legs down to their knees to the songs that saved my life.

When I watched this great footage the key thing that struck my heart strings was the track "Stop me" it took me back in time to the morning I woke up setting off to work picking up the NME with the news Johnny had quit ! ( I've never been the same since that day :( )

I'm revealing to much now and getting boring.

Keep up the fantastic work The Gentleman and if you take requests I'd love to hear you play Last night I dreamt or better still the whole Strangeways album. :thumb:

It was absolutely meant as a compliment. :thumb:
And if you say that music has the power to hear your youth and give it back to you, you love music.
It's magical and you know that!
Despite all the sings you said about Moz for which I could strangle you, arghhh, I accept you have a role to play here, to prevent it becomes one boring all worshipping sect.
You realize you made yourself very popular with that, don't you? :rolleyes:
But I know you are okay.:thumb:
pS:
At least we share the great love and affection for "Strangeways".:D

The tribute acts always bring a tragi-comic, completely unintended Vegas hue to some of the most magical songs of all time, and the weird impersonators with their weird interpretive dance moves are always WAY too much of a bummertime for normal people to even want to think about.

You guys are flying the Smiths-songs-love-flag, right. Hope your audiences in Alabama and Louisiana appreciate your efforts.

You deserve a really nice audience.

The tribute acts always bring a tragi-comic, completely unintended Vegas hue to some of the most magical songs of all time, and the weird impersonators with their weird interpretive dance moves are always WAY too much of a bummertime for normal people to even want to think about.

You guys are flying the Smiths-songs-love-flag, right. Hope your audiences in Alabama and Louisiana appreciate your efforts.

You deserve a really nice audience.
Thank You!

Back
Top Bottom