The Go Betweens

L

Librarian on Fire

The Go Betweens played in Auckland on Saturday night. Well it was really only Grant McLennan and Robert Foster. And so I went along. The Go Betweens were one of those bands who should have made it big time, but were always destined to be third place runners up in the music business. The set was good, but one of those blokes with guitars evenings, no drums, bass, or backing instruments. I couldn't help thinking while I was there that music should really be about a certain time, a moment, and somehow flogging hits 10, 15 years on is well somewhat sad. This is why I'm glad the Smiths have never reformed. Nobody wants faded glory, and time only moves in one direction. Playing in front in only around 400 people must knock your confidence back. "Love Is A Sign" sounded fantastic and "Cattle and Cane" wasn't to bad. Robert Foster was the a true professional dandy. They also did a knock out "Batchlor Kisses" but I'd left at that stage to get home to watch the England game...well you have to don't you.

> true professional dandy. They also did a knock out "Batchlor
> Kisses" but I'd left at that stage to get home to watch the England
> game...well you have to don't you.

'Batchelor Kisses' is the best Go Betweens track as well.. shame on you for missing it!! I hope everyone here has heard it anyway.. I assume as Morrissey people they must have!

Keep the English flag flying your 'New Zealandian Anglophile' LoF!

Ruffian

Is that like the went betweens?/ like i went betweens your legs??

> > Keep the English flag flying your 'New Zealandian Anglophile' LoF!

Thanks, but I've got money riding on Spain for the World Cup. I'm a realist!

Back
Top Bottom