The Herald - Trying to look cool by refusing to sell Morrissey's album is not cool at all by Mark Smith

• Thread starter Deleted member 29235
  • Start date
Mark Smith: Trying to look cool by refusing to sell Morrissey's album is not cool at all - The Herald

This is an opinion article dealing with Glasgow shop Monorail's refusal to stock 'IANADOAC.'
I HAVE friends whose opinions I find distasteful. I still see them. I have colleagues I don’t like. I still work with them. I have books at home that contain sexist, racist, and homophobic views. I still read them. I do this because I cannot edit the world to make it the way I want it to be. If only other people felt the same way.

By other people, I mean record stores that are announcing, to the soundtrack of self-righteousness, that they will not be selling the new album by Morrissey. It happened with his last album and it’s happening again now with the new one. Monorail, a record store in Glasgow, said in a tweet this week: “Just so you know, like many of our colleagues, we won't be stocking the new Morrissey album.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Really can't wait for Spillers to close! The others too!

@Spillers

IMG-3096.png

"To be fair to the shop, I got in touch with them and asked them what they meant by their decision and they told me the tweet was maybe a bit spicier than they’d first intended."

Hmmm. I think they knew exactly what they were doing at the time.

(They are, of course, perfectly entitled to stock whatever they like.)

Who cares?I bought on amazon,picadilly,Mstore,Spindizzy Records and many more.Monorail should close doors because of new virus.

They're not trying to look cool. They are taking what steps they can to stop money getting into the hands of a supporter of bigots and racists. And that, in my book, is admirable. Maybe some of you think giving money to supporters of racists and bigots is a good thing.

All they want is attention, that's why they tried to make a big deal about it posting it on twitter when they could've easily just not stocked the album or any other Morrissey album (do they still stock Smith albums?), I'm sure you can easily find pedophile David Bowie or wife beater John Lennon's albums there

They're not trying to look cool. They are taking what steps they can to stop money getting into the hands of a supporter of bigots and racists. And that, in my book, is admirable. Maybe some of you think giving money to supporters of racists and bigots is a good thing.

Are you enjoying the new album?

You didn't actually read the article, did you? But perhaps that's not surprising given the limited time you must have for reading, what with the 18 hours a day you selflessly dedicate to defeating racism.

You keep getting paid your dole so...looks like the UK tax payers are funding you, king bigot.

Last edited by a moderator:
All they want is attention, that's why they tried to make a big deal about it posting it on twitter when they could've easily just not stocked the album or any other Morrissey album (do they still stock Smith albums?), I'm sure you can easily find pedophile David Bowie or wife beater John Lennon's albums there

Yes, they still sell The Smiths because he only became an evil bigot when he left the all-white Indie band & started working with Mexicans.

That's a nice article & I agree with it.

(also quite pleased I guessed he was doing a stealth defense of Moz with his article about cancellations a few weeks back... come out the Moz closet everyone... he's an oddball not a monster...).

Vinyl is just a rich kids plaything. Record stores can live without the twenty quid from the one copy they'd sell, most listeners will use streaming services. But publicity? Let everyone know how woke you are and it's money in the bank.

Vinyl is just a rich kids plaything. Record stores can live without the twenty quid from the one copy they'd sell, most listeners will use streaming services. But publicity? Let everyone know how woke you are and it's money in the bank.
No, in a world where every kid - poor or rich - carries a $1000 cell phone, has unlimited internet, a gaming console and a Supreme t-shirt, vinyl - as a medium - is very much a choice.

Yes, they still sell The Smiths because he only became an evil bigot when he left the all-white Indie band & started working with Mexicans.
Wash your mouth with soap. Before you speak against Mexicans. Whatever you are. !!

You are the racist!!

Have you heard of Amazon, spotify, Google play , iTunes. Etc ???. Who cares about a shop. This days.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom