the "i hate hipsters" thread.

I think I might be a bit of a hipster. I bought a vintage 1950s scuffed suitcase in a charity shop even though I know it's more bother than one on wheels just because it looked so incredibly cool.
I don't even plan on going anywhere.
I wear clip-on granny earings.
And my wardrobe is almost all vintage.

I'm sorry.

you don't act like a complete c*** though (as far as i can tell). i think you're safe.

I don't know what the British equivalent is, but it needs its own thread because I can't really relate to the people you're talking about.

Over here you have to be pretty 'alternative' to avoid falling in to a stereotype with certain garments and styles. But then the alternative ones are often the biggest cliché.

The first picture looks like one you would have taken. :lbf:

I think I might be a bit of a hipster. I bought a vintage 1950s scuffed suitcase in a charity shop even though I know it's more bother than one on wheels just because it looked so incredibly cool.

I'm sorry.

I have a lot of "vintage" clothes because I'm old, I hate to throw things out, AND I hate to shop. But, I'm not a hipster. :thumb:

37jsqloFrmspytt5ambTcrAfo1_500.jpg

I don't know what the British equivalent is, but it needs its own thread because I can't really relate to the people you're talking about.

Over here you have to be pretty 'alternative' to avoid falling in to a stereotype with certain garments and styles. But then the alternative ones are often the biggest cliché.

did you go to the manchester show? doll and the kicks are a good example of hipsters. mainly the guitarist.

IMG_0692.jpg

They were annoyed that I would not give them a donation. After all, it becomes a crime if you are going to use Cookie Monster's likeness without paying royalties. I would not be a party to that. :D

poor you...have to use the L train :tears:

I'm sorry.

I'm pretty sure you aren't a huge douche, though. :lbf:

Classic case of 'Let's give a bunch of people a label so we can all hate them a lot easier regardless of what the are actually like'. Pathetic, dudes....truly pathetic.

Maybe you shouldn't take things quite so seriously, really.

Umm didn't you put me on ignore or something? I just remember you saying something about having to log out to read one of my posts?

Anyway, I can take things as seriously as I like and maybe you should realise that people can say things on a forum, which is their opinion, and it doesn't necessarily have to be directed at anybody.

Umm didn't you put me on ignore or something? I just remember you saying something about having to log out to read one of my posts?

Anyway, I can take things as seriously as I like and maybe you should realise that people can say things on a forum, which is their opinion, and it doesn't necessarily have to be directed at anybody.

You must be thinking of someone else. I've never "put" anyone on ignore.

I go through each day ignoring people in real life, so it's really easy for me to just skip over some posts while I'm reading a thread. :D

Oh no. It is perfectly okay to hate the hipsters as a group of people.

you don't act like a complete c*** though (as far as i can tell). i think you're safe.

:flowers: You''re not a hipster either Mr Over-sized-quiff-and-drug habbit

I'm pretty sure you aren't a huge douche, though. :lbf:

You'd be surprised :D But thank you.

I have a lot of "vintage" clothes because I'm old, I hate to throw things out, AND I hate to shop. But, I'm not a hipster. :thumb:

What sort of things do you have?
My older sister has all these 80s Madonna-esque goth prom dresses and Vivian Westwood hotpants straight from the eighties.

Tags
bad clothes hipsters lolz losers
Back
Top Bottom