The Independent - Morrissey Central (25/6/2019)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey

The Independent - Morrissey Central
June 25, 2019

"Morrissey reaffirms support for far-right party" is today's headline in The Independent. They offer this absolute lie because they know they can get away with it. They will not be challenged. De-platforming and destroying lives is the principle motivation of modern journalism.
And so be it.
I cannot afford to take the Independent to court, thus I cannot afford to defend myself. I therefore step away, and I wish others more luck and more support with the press of Soviet Britain than I can muster.
The British Arts, we must assume, are officially dead.
The name 'The Independent' means independent of any morality, any principles of conduct, and any distinction between right and wrong.
… and this is the free British press? God help us all."

MORRISSEY
25 June 2019

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you're probably right about the perception of nationalism equating to "far right" in the UK. The main point I see is a little different. The headline doesn't say Morissey "is" anything. The only part that is up for debate is whether For Britain is far right.
I think you're saying that Morrissey doesn't believe he supports a far right party and that's probably true. But he does support a party that is perceived as far right. He doesn't have a case.
The other thing is that it's a headline. I think even the most respectable news sources can be expected to sensationalize in the headline and then clarify in the story.

The insane thing here is that he seems bent on promoting this party but he doesn't vote and has lyrics saying that no one should vote. When the nephew mentions other parties that might possibly fit Morrissey's ideology he says he knows nothing about them. I understand he has the right to speak his mind but I can't see who benefits from it in any way. Aside from a few fanatics who probably ordered For Britain pins to be like Morrissey, I can't imagine he is going to generate any real support for the party. It just seems like a game he plays where he says something he knows will get a response and then complains when people respond.

Probably he doesn't like to be misunderstood and if he wrote a 500 pages book titled "my political views", then his views would be crystal clear... Though he won't write that book because he has better things to do.

You do realize you are describing Islam right? Islam is conservative and idolized by poorly educated people.
It's cherry picking the worst examples though and then claiming this is representative of the entirety. There is a point that the Muslim population in the UK is over-represented by some of the more extreme socially conservative groups, if Moz et al. would argue against this instead of whining about largely meaningless broad terms like "Muslims" then they might get more sympathy.

Last edited:
You're cherry picking the worst examples though and then claiming this is representative of the entirety. There is a point that the Muslim population in the UK is over-represented by some of the more extreme socially conservative groups, if Moz et al. would argue against this instead of whining about largely meaningless broad terms like "Muslims" then they might get more sympathy.

I think it's more representative than those who have adapted to western values.

Probably he doesn't like to be misunderstood and if he wrote a 500 pages book titled "my political views", then his views would be crystal clear... Though he won't write that book because he has better things to do.

Like going shopping. Moz does love his shopping.

Modernising or pandering? Today, Prince William said he'd be cool having gay kids, which......in the arc of history for kingship and carrying on the family line......probably not the most realistic thing to utter since the whole point is to have kids but i guess it pleased the progressives.

There have been gay royals before.
People who say they would not accept their children if they were gay are horrible people. He was trying to come across as not horrible.
He goes on to say he would "worry" about persecution if they "came out," so I guess he's on some "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

There have been gay royals before.
People who say they would not accept their children if they were gay are horrible people. He was trying to come across as not horrible.
He goes on to say he would "worry" about persecution if they "came out," so I guess he's on some "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

Yes, yes, yes.............lovely...........but the whole point of royalty is carry on the line.

In my eyes people who use the R word in debates have no credibility.
That's because you are a racist. No surprise. Why are you afraid to admit it like some here do? They aren't banned for it. It seems to be acceptable. Has the mainstream media hypnotized you into denying your own beliefs?

Do you honestly think that if one of his children were gay that would be the end of the line?

Well, i got into a discussion with a young progressive female earlier who thought it would be ok to go down the route of artificial insemination...............I somehow doubt the vast majority of conservative Royalists would be down with that.

I think it's more representative than those who have adapted to western values.
Perhaps, depending on your area. But why alienate everyone else by grouping them in with the extremists?

In doing so, you're just giving more legitimacy to the extremists, by attempting to recognise them as the single authentic representative of a much broader group. Same old same old.

Perhaps, depending on your area. But why alienate everyone else by grouping them in with the extremists?

In doing so, you're just giving more legitimacy to the extremists, by attempting to recognise them as the single authentic representative of a much broader group. Same old same old.

You have to talk in broad generalizations....

"The name 'The Independent' means independent of any morality, any principles of conduct, and any distinction between right and wrong.
… and this is the free British press? God help us all."

HEY! YOU ARE JUST TALKING ABOUT YOURSELF HERE! YOU DON'T HAVE INDEPENDENT MORALITY, AS YOU GET INFLUENCED BY A PARTY. YOU DON'T HAVE ANY PRINCIPLES OF CONDUCT BY TALKING SHIT. AND AFTER SO MUCH BULLSHIT YOU KEEP SAYING, YOU SHOW YOU DON'T KNOW RIGHT FROM WRONG.

ALWAY EASIER TO BLAME OTHERS FOR YOUR MISTAKES, RIGHT? YOUR FRUSTRATIONS IN LIFE THROUGH THE YEARS ARE SHOWING UP NOW. KEEP DIGING YOUR OWN GRAVE MY FRIEND.

OH YES!! REMEMBER? "IT TAKES STRENGTH TO BE GENTLE AND KIND"!!!

GOOD RIDDANCE!

damn right sheila f*** the fash i preferred moz when he was into boxing & fit lads

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom