The Independent review by Jake Cudsi - IANADOAC (2 of 5 stars)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29235
  • Start date
Morrissey review, I am Not a Dog on a Chain: All bark and no bite - The Independent
"Album by the controversial former Smiths frontman has its moments, but they are brief and virtually lost amid the more experimental forays"

It's a shortish review which ends:
I Am Not a Dog has its moments, but they are brief and virtually lost amid the more experimental forays. Morrissey isn’t as tethered as he’d have his most devout fans – or himself – believe, but he seems destined to live out the rest of his career chasing his own tail.

Let the excoriation of The Independent and the character assassinations of Mr Cudsi begin...

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey review, I am Not a Dog on a Chain: All bark and no bite
"Album by the controversial former Smiths frontman has its moments, but they are brief and virtually lost amid the more experimental forays"

It's a shortish review which ends:

Let the excoriation of The Independent and the character assassinations of Mr Cudsi begin...

Bound to happen. Shall we have a countdown before someone calls her an ignorant biased bitch, as happened earlier today with the Graun?

What does this actually mean in the grand scheme of things?

You know what it means, Surface.

It means that everything has been cancelled except Morrissey.

They tried.

They've failed.

What bloody facts?

The fact that in 2018 he played 4 arena gigs in the North and sold around 90% of the capacity in each one. This time around he played one and sold 65% of the capacity. That indicates a significant reduction in his fan base. It's good though that he is number 1 in the Amazon music chart, so it may not be so bad after all.

If we're talking about character assassinations then starting the review with this inaccurate diatribe would qualify.

Morrissey has hardly said a thing, what's been relentless is the cut & paste articles made-up of pull-quotes from 5 interviews spanning 30 years, lyrics & song titles & a pin he's worn twice.

So, again, this is a review about what he thinks he knows about the man & not the album.
20200320_200156.jpg

Bound to happen. Shall we have a countdown before someone calls her an ignorant biased bitch, as happened earlier today with the Graun?

Or maybe they'll call *him* an ignorant biased bitch? Or have you transcended gender now, in your quest to be the world's most rancid, vituperative Morrissey obsessive?

It's not the most insightful review, but credit at least to Jake Cudsi for recognising the wonder of "Knockabout World".

Uncleskinny as far as I'm concerned Morrissey can shove his laughably desperate new release sideways up his sanctimonious out of touch arse.
Keep safe lad, my posts are often attributed to you.
Great minds think alike.
Take care .
Keep safe.
Morrissey IS a c***.

Uncleskinny as far as I'm concerned Morrissey can shove his laughably desperate new release sideways up his sanctimonious out of touch arse.
Great minds think alike.
Take care .
Keep safe.
Morrissey IS a c***.

You are Morrissey and I claim my £5.

It's not the most insightful review, but credit at least to Jake Cudsi for recognising the wonder of "Knockabout World".

Putting Moz aside, it's sad seeing The Guardian & The Independent reduced to clickbait like they're Buzzfeed or Vice. Doubt the Indie will survive much longer.

Or maybe they'll call *him* an ignorant biased bitch? Or have you transcended gender now, in your quest to be the world's most rancid, vituperative Morrissey obsessive?

People who only ever slag Morrissey off think we're bound to slag someone off? I'd say we're definitely more unpredictable.

Putting Moz aside, it's sad seeing The Guardian & The Independent reduced to clickbait like they're Buzzfeed or Vice. Doubt the Indie will survive much longer.

I used to love the Independent when it started but that website is almost impossible to use and the quality of their writers has - for obvious financial reasons - plummeted. It sucks because the UK could really use a reliable, well funded, politically neutral news source these days.

Great minds think alike.
Take care .
Keep safe.
Morrissey IS a c***.
'Great minds'?!?! Fecking hilarious. Thank you for making me laugh in these dark times. Brilliant!

No tonic for the moronic. Daddy didn’t love you enough Petty LOL .

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom