"The Interactive Sound of The Smiths" - new official Smiths website

I scrolled down to 2014 to see if there was a new release listed (and therefore reveal the money spinning point of warner setting up this website), Sadly nothing there, no link to any legacy editions !

Incidentally, in the timeline Singles seems to have been disowned as it jumps from Rank straight to The Sound Of..

Waldo.

Who is behind this? I can't see Morrissey being arsed about it in the slightest?

The sort of smooth, seamless experience you might expect of a clown car.

This is cool. It does however have a bit of a Star Wars feel to it...not that that's a bad thing but really...why? :rolleyes: I didn't like the way the graphics popped up as you scrolled down, it made me dizzy. Still, nice to see and a good quick reference for those discovering the music now(lucky ducks;))

Anything that gives the Smiths [after 27 year that the broke up] new PR on the I'net
is amazing, it's a statement, sort of, that The Smiths were , are , and in the future will be influential for
new listeners, it's awesome a 18 year old on aUni discovers The Smiths

The same is for bands, and upcoming musicians, The Smiths will be, and are a milestone in musichistory.

'and they say he's mentall' ... painting boiled eggs with the mentally ill...

Hmmmm. This site, while it contains interesting information, has been designed by someone who seems intent on keeping that information from you. The jumpy nature of scrolling made me dizzy. Awful. My first and last visit.

Hmmmm. This site, while it contains interesting information, has been designed by someone who seems intent on keeping that information from you. The jumpy nature of scrolling made me dizzy. Awful. My first and last visit.

You stated my thoughts exactly. Nasty design work.

It looks like someone's showing off their HTML5 skill. It scrolls nicely from a regular computer with the up/down-arrow keys; using a mouse is a mess. I wish they'd thrown more information on the "flip side" of the release images. I never knew there was a negative-exposure version of Hand In Glove and thought they created that image out of fear of showing the original bare arse. Spotify sucks as a delivery method, too.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom