The Jesus Lizard reform

Stanley the 2nd

Am I the only one really excited that The Jesus Lizard have reformed?! They were an awesome live act back in the day and it'll be good to see them live again. I have my ticket in the bag for the London show which incidentally only cost £22.50 (please take note Moz) and I hope they don't disappoint.

You're not the only one. I absolutely love the Jesus Lizard and am going to see them at ATP. The only thing that could make it better is if Shellac put in a surprise appearance. Did you like Qui?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't that impressed with Qui, but having said that I never gave them much chance. They were always going to be pale in comparison when compared to the mighty JL. Shellac as support would be a dream. I haven't seen them live since about 95 but I'm not sure if they are touring at the moment. I heard a rumour that the Jazzus Lizard might be supporting which would be novel.

I really liked the split single they did with Nirvana back in the early 90's, both great songs.

I wasn't that impressed with Qui, but having said that I never gave them much chance. They were always going to be pale in comparison when compared to the mighty JL. Shellac as support would be a dream. I haven't seen them live since about 95 but I'm not sure if they are touring at the moment. I heard a rumour that the Jazzus Lizard might be supporting which would be novel.

Mmm. Yeah, me neither, though I'm willing to give most stuff involving David Yow more of a chance than I otherwise would. What's your favourite JL album out of interest? I know a lot of fans went off them around the time of Shot but I've got to admit to really liking both Blue and Shot even if they are a little tamer.

Shellac is always good, especially when they play The Rambler Song, which is so great that it's utterly typical of them to only have it as an obscure b-side. Heh.

This year at ATP JL are second on the bill to Devo and Qui are also playing. Really looking forward to Sleep also.

http://www.atpfestival.com/Events/TheFansStrikeBack/LineUp.php

Yeah, everything the JL did on Touch n go rocked. I went off them once they signed to Capitol. Maybe I was being a bit snobby but I think they tried to go too mainstream which didn't suit them. Plus of course Steve Albini not producing anymore didn't help. If I had to choose a favourite album I'd probably go for Down, but any of the touch n go records are mighty fine in my opinion.

I've got to say I'm most partial to the ugly sleaze of Goat, though Liar and Down are close behind.

Yeah, I felt the same way at the time but since picking up Blue and Shot for a few quid each I've actually really grown to like them. There is definately a trend towards trying to write a mainstream hit single but there is some good stuff on both, particularly Shot. The first four or five tracks are particularly good.

Back
Top Bottom