The Killers’ Brandon Flowers on Morrissey: “He’s still a king” - NME

Amen.

The Killers’ Brandon Flowers on Morrissey: “He’s still a king” - NME

Excerpt:

Brandon Flowers of The Killers has revealed a few of his favourite artists, or “kings” as likes to refer to them.

“Brandon has many kings,” Killers drummer, Ronnie Vannucci told NME right before their Glastonbury Pyramid Stage headline set.

“Yeah, I have about fifteen kings. Liam [Gallagher] is one of them.”

Listing other stars he admires, Brandon went on to namecheck “Don Henley, Peter Gabriel, Morrissey would be a king, Bono would be a king, Springsteen would be a king.”

Asking about Morrissey‘s problematic politics, Flowers replied: “He’s still a king. He’s unparalleled in what he’s achieved and his prowess and his lyrics and his sense of melody, it’s just incredible. I forgot he was in hot water though, so I shouldn’t have brought him up.”

Now all we are waiting for is Johnny to stand up and defend Moz ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
whats more horrifying,this place versus a Serbian film x martyrs x 120 days of Sodom.
im still going for this place.

Of what? Not being number 1? Not selling tickets? Not having a way of making money from his fans? Losing sales? Of being a racist? Help me out here.
Yes we can help you out......get an education... then make. a GP appointment to address your personality disorder.. have you suffered some problems during childhood????

None of you called Morrissey a Christianityphobe when he was making dismissive remarks towards Christians in his early career. Stop being hypocrites and using nonsense words such as racist/bigot/islamaphobia or whatever else you use to deflect from having any argument. Morrissey is not a racist, he is critical of Islamic theology, against mass immigration and demographic replacement. If you have an argument against Nationalism then let's hear it or stop complaining about Moz

b0L7Ke6.jpg

I’ve always been a fan of The Killers and listened to them quite a bit at different times in my life. Still like their music, especially the first four albums.

Brandon Flowers has always admired Morrissey. I remembered him talking about songwriting and lyrics and how he studied lines from Sister I’m a Poet. I found it referenced here but the context is different than I remember so maybe this isn’t quite the original source. But still interesting, I think.

“He has a thing about death. 'Jenny was a Friend of Mine' and 'Midnight Show', both from Hot Fuss, were about the murder of a girl. He traces this interest back to Morrissey singing about how he loved 'the romance of crime' in the song 'Sister, I'm a Poet'. 'I studied that line a lot. And it's kind of embedded in me.'”

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2006/sep/24/popandrock.killers

None of you called Morrissey a Christianityphobe when he was making dismissive remarks towards Christians in his early career. Stop being hypocrites and using nonsense words such as racist/bigot/islamaphobia or whatever else you use to deflect from having any argument. Morrissey is not a racist, he is critical of Islamic theology, against mass immigration and demographic replacement. If you have an argument against Nationalism then let's hear it or stop complaining about Moz

That’s a good point.

'I shouldn't have brought him up'.
Look, Brandon is a multi millionaire and he has made his money. He can well afford to speak his mind and stop wobbling on the fence. When did people, and men in particular, lose their balls? Watch any interview with Robert Smith and he always speaks his mind. Thats cos he's the real deal.

Edit: maybe I'm being too harsh on young Brandon. He's probably an OK guy. Fek I always regret saying anything nasty.

Last edited:
As we can see, Flowers is quite the gladioli at heart. :)

It’s funny how the Guardian have been lying low after they’ve been called out by Morrissey and Peter Katsis as harassers and stalkers, trying to act as a political party with their agenda to silence Morrissey’s opinions.

Hopefully they’ll keep to reviewing his music and at least try to understand his points of view rather than attacking them/him.

We’ll see.
The problem is they know how to keep quiet. Moz doesn't. Without doubt some day he'll say something so contentious he'll be banned from every stage on earth. I hope I'm wrong.

Or is it Peter Katsis posting that tweet?

Anyway, what’s between Morrissey and Marr the love between the two, a love called The Smiths and what was created by them will never be tarnished by the Guardian, Twitter,etc..
More bullshit from the queen of bullshit.

Johnny Marr is NEVER playing with Captain misery again. There’s been no love lost since 1986, when Princess Missery flipped his skirt toward self adulation.

...but - apparently, all the talented musicians out there feel the same, because getting ripped off financially and ordered to wear a shitty t-shirt is a no-go for ANYONE with integrity or - shall we say - other options.

Back to the f***ing K-Hole with ya, ya wee daft c***.

Yes we can help you out......get an education... then make. a GP appointment to address your personality disorder.. have you suffered some problems during childhood????
LOL! ^Another new, meme-fed clown in the Morrissey heard. Proof that there are more reasons for killing animals than just to eat them.

Yeah. ...but now that he’s a “Christian”, he’s rightfully slotted in with the rest of the f***ing rubes that give credence to sky fairies.

Get a f***ing grip.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom