the kindness of other...

boyleastlikelyto

well, that's the story of my life..
Morrissey fans is amazing. I went to Bookman's today and bought a copy of "Kill Uncle", as my whole collection was stolen last summer and I'm getting to my least fav releases. Anyways, the girl asked if I knew he was coming to town and I said "Of course. I'm going to about five of them actually" (I couldn't resist) to which she said, "Wow! You're really a hardcore fan then?" and then she walked away, came back, pressed a few buttons, handed me the receipt and CD and said, "You don't owe me anything?", "I don't owe you anything?", "No.", "Umm. Thanks. Bye.", "Bye." Does this happen to anyone else, ever?

Morrissey fans is amazing. I went to Bookman's today and bought a copy of "Kill Uncle", as my whole collection was stolen last summer and I'm getting to my least fav releases. Anyways, the girl asked if I knew he was coming to town and I said "Of course. I'm going to about five of them actually" (I couldn't resist) to which she said, "Wow! You're really a hardcore fan then?" and then she walked away, came back, pressed a few buttons, handed me the receipt and CD and said, "You don't owe me anything?", "I don't owe you anything?", "No.", "Umm. Thanks. Bye.", "Bye." Does this happen to anyone else, ever?

what's so amazing about her being a thief? is that really kindness? and you took it so you also stole it.

what's so amazing about her being a thief? is that really kindness? and you took it so you also stole it.

Bookman's is a REsale shop and it rang through the register at $00.00, so it still counts as a sale technicaly. Geez! Anger problems are bad for your general health, you know.

Resale doesn't count on Soundscan btw and doesn't count towards units sold, because it's already been sold. So, it doesn't hurt Mozza at all!

I havent had the same experince as yours but Ive come to learn that Moz fans, compared to fans of other bands, are some of the nicest people ive ever met or talked to. Whether it be in person or online, they are always very very friendly. Other fans, can be competitive with one another and form "clicks," its so childish. That is not the case here, thankfully. Thats what my experience has been, so thank all of you for your continued kindness! :) :D

thanks for posting something of substance. Thank you for your kindness.

I see you are from Tucson, AZ - I used to live in Phoenix and I LOVED the Bookmans! I too bought my copy of Kill Uncle Maladjusted and even Strangeways from there, and when purchasing those the girl who rang me up took one look at my selection and pointed to the Smiths buttons on her shirts and starting talking and talking about her love of all things Moz. At the time (and still) I hardly ever meet actual Moz/Smiths fans so this was a special treat and all-around great experience.

Really, Moz/Smiths fans are awesome people.

I see you are from Tucson, AZ - I used to live in Phoenix and I LOVED the Bookmans! I too bought my copy of Kill Uncle Maladjusted and even Strangeways from there, and when purchasing those the girl who rang me up took one look at my selection and pointed to the Smiths buttons on her shirts and starting talking and talking about her love of all things Moz. At the time (and still) I hardly ever meet actual Moz/Smiths fans so this was a special treat and all-around great experience.

Really, Moz/Smiths fans are awesome people.

Yeah, it's great. I've met people working at Zia and the market accross the street from my house. So, only three so far, but they were all terribly nice.

How do you guys then explain someone like Robby? I think that although there is a huge majority of Moz fans who are really nice and kind.....there are also the few who are mean spirited and hateful bastards.

Nice stories.

I remember you posting about it.... i think you opened up a thread about it, saying that they stole your cds out of your car. I felt bad for you cause that really sux.

I'm really glad you're putting back together your Moz collection again.. :)

How do you guys then explain someone like Robby? I think that although there is a huge majority of Moz fans who are really nice and kind.....there are also the few who are mean spirited and hateful bastards.

Nice stories.
Well, If I looked like Robby I'd be pretty pissed off as well.

Having that case stolen was the worst day ever. Alll those albums and singles and bootlegs, gone forever. I don't even want to think about it.

Well, If I looked like Robby I'd be pretty pissed off as well.

OMFG!!!......... So true :D

As of now, you are one of my very favorite people here. We live so close to eachother, maybe we should get together for lunch one of these days to gossip about Robby.

oh wait, I'm an annorexic freak who doesn't eat.........nevermind :rolleyes: lol

Last edited:
OMFG!!!......... So true :D

As of now, you are one of my very favorite people here. We live so close to eachother, maybe we should get together for lunch one of these days to gossip about Robby.

oh wait, I'm an annorexic freak who doesn't eat.........nevermind :rolleyes: lol
It's okay, you can eat and I'll carry a spoon in my pocket so you can purge afterward in the restroom...or I can just forget the spoon and you can picture Robby naked in your head. That would work just as well if not better. I lost 20 lbs that way.

It's okay, you can eat and I'll carry a spoon in my pocket so you can purge afterward in the restroom...or I can just forget the spoon and you can picture Robby naked in your head. That would work just as well if not better. I lost 20 lbs that way.

Thanx friend, now I'll have to shower again before going to bed :(

PS: No need for spoons at our Robby Bashing lunch party...... not when we can do laxitives ;)

We'll take pictures of eachother "doing our business" and we'll send them to Robby so he can post them for everyone to see..... yay!

Thanx friend, now I'll have to shower again before going to bed :(

PS: No need for spoons at our Robby Bashing lunch party...... not when we can do laxitives ;)

We'll take pictures of eachother "doing our business" and we'll send them to Robby so he can post them for everyone to see..... yay!
If you like I can sponge your back and hold your hair while you gag.

Nice stories.

Because the world is against him.

no, he is just an idiot.

I girl that served at the HMV in oxford street, was really chatty and friendly when i was buying a single once, (but i didn't get it for free thou). She told me she had seen him in there too:)

Back
Top Bottom