"The light has gone out – it's time we stopped giving Morrissey attention" by Fiona Sturges

• Thread starter Deleted member 29235
  • Start date
Last edited by a moderator:
Due to the miracle of modern sense, he and Trill are presently being cut out of the Morrissey discourse here—like the cancers they are. This site is now entering the remission stage. God bless you all for your hard work.

I only wish that were true, Hovis. I'll not hold my breath, but thanks for the optimistic post.

It's not his political views that are the real problem, but the fact that all he says and sings nowadays has become extremely boring. Didn't Oscar Wilde say a thing or two about that?

Stop listening then, and shut up. If we're adapting Morrissey lyrics then 'The light has gone out for you' but 'I Don't Owe You Anything'.
Your blunt and humourless tone is in accordance with Morrissey's current T-shirt-statements, but in sharp contrast to this intelligent en well written article.

Unfamiliar with the concept of the retorical question?

Unfamiliar with the concept of spelling correctly?
I thought you were about to bring us all up to speed on some suitable Wildean quote to substantiate your post & explain its context. I'm truly disappointed.

The light has gone out – it's time we stopped giving Morrissey attention by Fiona Sturges - The Independent

"It has become a dispiriting ritual on social media that, every few months, Morrissey's name begins to trend, prompting swathes of music fans to sigh wearily and wonder what the silly idiot has said or done now. Former fan Fiona Sturges has had enough"
If you don't like me, then don't look at me.... f*** off you, you're using Moz's name to keep you in the spotlight.

every few months, Morrissey's name begins to trend, prompting swathes of music fans to sigh wearily and wonder what the silly Guardian, Independent, or jumped up pantry boy jilted fan/blogger have written this time...

These journalists and people like Skinny et al. they just can't leave it alone. They prove his point entirely in All You Need Is Me. They're obsessed with him ... either because it makes them money with clicks, or its a clinical obsession in the case of Skinny. Actually just walking away and washing your hands of him if you really can't stand him anymore is a much bigger statement. I had to do it with one of my previous favourite bands, Live, so I know how freeing it is compared to raging on to no avail.

In the end, Morrissey is just a dude with some opinions ... you might not agree with them all, and thats about where it should end. If you carry on like you actually have some grudge then that says far more about you than him.

These journalists and people like Skinny et al. they just can't leave it alone. They prove his point entirely in All You Need Is Me. They're obsessed with him ... either because it makes them money with clicks, or its a clinical obsession in the case of Skinny. Actually just walking away and washing your hands of him if you really can't stand him anymore is a much bigger statement. I had to do it with one of my previous favourite bands, Live, so I know how freeing it is compared to raging on to no avail.

In the end, Morrissey is just a dude with some opinions ... you might not agree with them all, and thats about where it should end. If you carry on like you actually have some grudge then that says far more about you than him.
What did the Live do to lose your love? (I haven't kept up with them, but they are from my neck of the woods)

If ya write a article about Moz, ya actually givin' him attention.

Just like the article about the rapper, it just brought more attention to Morrissey’s views, which Morrissey and planet earth thanks you for.

Just like the article about the rapper, it just brought more attention to Morrissey’s views, which Morrissey and planet earth thanks you for.

Maybe articles like this are actually useful to Moz, whereby people might just read the article then go research for themselves and actually find out what his views actually are?

What did the Live do to lose your love? (I haven't kept up with them, but they are from my neck of the woods)

Its a very long story. In a nut shell - they broke up in 2009, which was for the best I thought as they were creatively spent and Ed was a shell of his former self both in terms of performance and had completely taken over the band to write everything solo. Revelations later he had done dodgy deals which amounted to short changing the rest of the guys money. Live recruited Chris Shinn as singer for an album in 2014 which was the best work since 1999 and the remaining original 3 members were very open about a lot of Ed's dodgy dealings etc and the fan base kind of split between Ed solo fans and Live fans. Fast forward to 2017 - the band wasn't commercially doing so great (as they haven't since the 90s) and the original members put all the blame on Shinn (who had been nothing but fantastic since stepping in) and crawled back to Ed backtracking on everything they ever professed as "the truth" about their downfall. They basically just sold out and now they're right back to where they were - void of creativity, extreme laziness (a co-headlining Summer tour with a stagnant ~10 song setlist for example) and angrily getting into arguments with fans on social media telling them to be grateful for all they're doing. They're also business partners with an absolute psychopath who threatens fans online with violence and is a convicted thief and is now also facing sexual assault and stalking charges - and to the band, he's the greatest person in the world... sort of sums up the company they keep. So there is just nothing honest about them, the music to me has been tainted and a lot of fans feel a bit betrayed by them. I did anger and stuff, but in the end its just easier and more freeing to walk away.

Tags
fiona sturges the independent

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom