The Metro: Morrissey’s pro Black Lives Matter tweet dragged on social media (June 3, 2020)

Sorry, but that's bullshit. I like you Nerak but you're deluded.

There are some things we've not noticed or people we've given too much slack too.

But even in our crazier fringes no one supports murder or abuse. Of anyone.

Of course black peoples' live matter just as much as all peoples' live but the Black Lives Matter movement is utter toxic bullshit.

The thing about all these recent posts vis-a-ve the protests, riots in the US and now the Uk..........it makes him look ridiculous, confused and basically a hypocrite. You can't talk about terrorism, the perils of mass immigration and then jump on board the pathetic Black Lives Matter nonsense. He's all over the f***ing place.

I would bet both of my kidneys that Morrissey had nothing to do with that tweet. He doesn’t get involved in social media.

I’d say it was a misguided move by somebody at the record label or in management.

Of course black peoples' live matter just as much as all peoples' live but the Black Lives Matter movement is utter toxic bullshit.

It's not toxic.

It's mostly useless though because it has no real organisation, no realistic demands (how does one measure an end to white supremacy & systemic racism?) & is mainly a vehicle for activists to build media careers. Or anyone to build a career or brand. (Same goes for Extinction Rebellion or even Pride).

The cause is just - there are things that should be changed.

The thing about all these recent posts vis-a-ve the protests, riots in the US and now the Uk..........it makes him look ridiculous, confused and basically a hypocrite. You can't talk about terrorism, the perils of mass immigration and then jump on board the pathetic Black Lives Matter nonsense. He's all over the f***ing place.
Just proving that you're utterly clueless about what's going on in the world, if you think terrorism and mass immigration is related to the protests. Unless you mean the terrorists in the police force. You're the worst kind of internet commentator, completely removed from the situation with no real frame of reference, but assuredly giving all your worthless opinions and scoffing at people who aren't so full of prejudice and hate. And by thinking he's "all over the place" you're the same as all the other Morrissey zombies thinking you know what he's about then becoming bamboozled when he does something that doesn't fit with the Morrissey you built inside your head. lol lol lol
lmao, maybe it's just desserts for centuries of colonial pillaging and oppression around the world. They don't call the british flag the "butcher's apron" for nothing. The UK voted to invade the middle east to steal their oil, bombed innocent people, then scorned them for fleeing for safety. The British public voted for this Tory government knowing it would wage war on the NHS, the unemployed, and the underprivileged. The UK will get what it deserves. The ponce in the red jacket rots in hell. You live in a barrel. English blood will run dry and the world will be a better place XD

It's not toxic.

It's mostly useless though because it has no real organisation, no realistic demands (how does one measure an end to white supremacy & systemic racism?) & is mainly a vehicle for activists to build media careers. Or anyone to build a career or brand. (Same goes for Extinction Rebellion or even Pride).

The cause is just - there are things that should be changed.
It exists to remind the black community that they are and always will be victims because the white community wants it that way. It's also there for the white guilt saviours tp post on instagram to make themselves feel like they're one of the good ones. Toxic bullshit.

I would bet both of my kidneys that Morrissey had nothing to do with that tweet. He doesn’t get involved in social media.

I’d say it was a misguided move by somebody at the record label or in management.
Well it's a misguided move to let someone from the record company have control of your twitter account.

Isn't his contract over with BMG anyway?

Reading the Morrissey quotes in this article just strengthens my opinion that Morrissey is an intelligent, objective thinker & most other people are dim-witted, reactionary fools who can’t survive without becoming hysterical about nothing.

Well it's a misguided move to let someone from the record company have control of your twitter account.

Isn't his contract over with BMG anyway?

Morrissey has stayed that he doesn’t ‘do’ social media & even the account states that it’s ‘not Moz’.

I’d say it’s standard practice that most artists official social media accounts aren’t maintained by them; they have better things to do.

Morrissey has stayed that he doesn’t ‘do’ social media & even the account states that it’s ‘not Moz’.

I’d say it’s standard practice that most artists official social media accounts aren’t maintained by them; they have better things to do.
I'm aware of his anti social media usage but in this day and age if there's a social media account out there with your name on it called Official Morrissey touting headlines that cause social media meltdowns one would think it might be a smart move to have them shut down.

I highly doubt that the social media savvy mainstream pop stars such as Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga are letting interns post on their accounts. They'd have too much to lose from their popularity contest.

It exists to remind the black community that they are and always will be victims because the white community wants it that way. It's also there for the white guilt saviours tp post on instagram to make themselves feel like they're one of the good ones. Toxic bullshit.

I think it's more that people feel a lack of meaning, purpose & validation in their lives.

There's a lot of groups all functioning in the same way; grievance, empowerment, allies.

You can triple the price of a candle just by putting Hope or Tranquility on the tin. It's the same thing really.

I think it's more that people feel a lack of meaning, purpose & validation in their lives.

There's a lot of groups all functioning in the same way; grievance, empowerment, allies.

You can triple the price of a candle just by putting Hope or Tranquility on the tin. It's the same thing really.
I need more candles.

There is quite a discernable history to who has posted what on Twitter, FB & Central.
The marketing people of BMG did use it at one point, but it gave way to SER & the named people from the 'inner circle'.
Unfortunately, it requires effort and searching, but the information is there if you look hard enough.
Most of the band made similar posts on the day and I suspect there'd be just as much furore if he'd not been seen to comment.
Practically the entire Internet was posting similar.
Regards,
FWD.

There is quite a discernable history to who has posted what on Twitter, FB & Central.
The marketing people of BMG did use it at one point, but it gave way to SER & the named people from the 'inner circle'.
Unfortunately, it requires effort and searching, but the information is there if you look hard enough.
Most of the band made similar posts on the day and I suspect there'd be just as much furore if he'd not been seen to comment.
Practically the entire Internet was posting similar.
Regards,
FWD.
Yeah it's a catch 22 situation. Damned if you do and if you don't.

God forbid one be anti-Islamist! As if Moz has committed a capital (thought) crime. Do these leftists pontificating on social media have a clue how absurd they sound? I think things like Twitter and other social media really do seem to have lowered the collective world IQ average by about 20 points.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom