The Metro: Morrissey’s pro Black Lives Matter tweet dragged on social media (June 3, 2020)

God forbid one be anti-Islamist! As if Moz has committed a capital (thought) crime. Do these leftists pontificating on social media have a clue how absurd they sound? I think things like Twitter and other social media really do seem to have lowered the collective world IQ average by about 20 points.
Yes how dare anyone be anti Islam? The subjugation of women. The persecution of the gay community. The hatred of the Jewish peoples. What's not to like?

Twitter was built and designed by some supposedly smart people around the concept of giving stupid people their own exclusive space to talk. Somehow they knew it was a winning formula.

Yes how dare anyone be anti Islam? The subjugation of women. The persecution of the gay community. The hatred of the Jewish peoples. What's not to like?

Twitter was built and designed by some supposedly smart people around the concept of giving stupid people their own exclusive space to talk. Somehow they knew it was a winning formula.
I agree, but I would make some distinction between Islamist and Islam altogether (only a slight distinction) or at least most actual Muslims (perhaps the Primal Screem person doesn’t know the difference and just used “Islamist” as if it meant “Islam” in toto. But “Islamist“ is usually shorthand for the most extremist groups that explicitly support terrorism, so his tweet was really criticizing Morrissey for being against extremist terrorists).

Of course, the BDS crowd (mostly the same people already hating on Moz for other things) probably also hate him for playing Israel (though the recently scheduled shows this summer were obviously cancelled due to Covid-1984). That Morrissey doesn’t not hate all Muslims as such should be obvious to anyone actually paying attention - hell, isn‘t his BFF Tina Dehghani an Iranian-born Muslim?

I'm aware of his anti social media usage but in this day and age if there's a social media account out there with your name on it called Official Morrissey touting headlines that cause social media meltdowns one would think it might be a smart move to have them shut down.

I highly doubt that the social media savvy mainstream pop stars such as Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga are letting interns post on their accounts. They'd have too much to lose from their popularity contest.

Most accounts will have a social media manager either fully running it or keeping an eye on it.

Moz seems to have left it all to Sam & his manager.

The social media meltdown wasn't about the tweet - it was about the old list of Moz crimes being at odds with the tweet.

I can't see any signs that he wants to engage with the media again - but really he should just get out there, talk to the hacks & hang about the Groucho.

They can only monster him to this degree because he's seen so seldom he's practically a myth & if he can get coverage out of his trousers & a hashtag that didn't even get a ratio, then there's a market for him.

I agree, but I would make some distinction between Islamist and Islam altogether (only a slight distinction) or at least most actual Muslims (perhaps the Primal Screem person doesn’t know the difference and just used “Islamist” as if it meant “Islam” in toto. But “Islamist“ is usually shorthand for the most extremist groups that explicitly support terrorism, so his tweet was really criticizing Morrissey for being against extremist terrorists).

Of course, the BDS crowd (mostly the same people already hating on Moz for other things) probably also hate him for playing Israel (though the recently scheduled shows this summer were obviously cancelled due to Covid-1984). That Morrissey doesn’t not hate all Muslims as such should be obvious to anyone actually paying attention - hell, isn‘t his BFF Tina Dehghani an Iranian-born Muslim?
The three points I stated unfortunately are from Islam itself. It's a dirty little secret no nut job radical lefty wants to admit. Most muslims hopefully edit those parts out when reading the Quran but then how would we know when we're not allowed to speak ill of it?

The obvious lie of the racism charge calls to mind what Moz said in “The Importance of Being Morrissey” when asked about not responding directly to the NME’s charges in the ‘90s: “Not everyone is completely stupid.”

I get the impression he doesn’t care a bit if a self-reinforcing echo-chamber of nitwits on social media want to keep banging out the same old charges. He’ll just keep on being himself, doing his thing, and if some don’t like it, screw ‘em. His songs will long outlive the nonsense said about him by second-raters and hacks looking to score popularity points on social media. “And that’s good enough,” to quote another line from The Importance of Being Morrissey.

The three points I stated unfortunately are from Islam itself. It's a dirty little secret no nut job radical lefty wants to admit. Most muslims hopefully edit those parts out when reading the Quran but then how would we know when we're not allowed to speak ill of it?
I agree in principle and those things you mentioned are there and are objectionable (though as you say, some edit certain things out or don’t really implement them in practice - I’ve known Muslims who drink, for example, even though alcohol is supposed to be banned by Islam as well).

It is curious how Islam has been taken up by the PC left as a sort of protected category, on par with other pet causes, even as officially Islam is diametrically opposed to most of the standard left agenda (gay marriage, transgenderism, etc., to name just two). I guess they simply see them as a convenient minority within the West they can use as needed to bash the right, while overlooking things like repression of women, honor killings, executions of homosexuals, anti-Semitism, etc. in actual Muslim-ruled countries (things the Left would never countenance if they occurred in their own countries, and rightly so).

The black Radio 1 presenter Clara Amfo said the George Floyd thing was affecting her mental health. She spent so long crying about the poor man that she had to take time off work.

How come blacks don't care about how brutal the police forces are in the West Indies and Africa? In these places they would just shoot someone like Floyd instantly - probably after spending a few days torturing him back at the nick.

But more importantly how do blacks like Clara Amfo think white people feel when so frequently they hear of horrific crimes perpetrated against whites by blacks?

The thing about all these recent posts vis-a-ve the protests, riots in the US and now the Uk..........it makes him look ridiculous, confused and basically a hypocrite. You can't talk about terrorism, the perils of mass immigration and then jump on board the pathetic Black Lives Matter nonsense. He's all over the f***ing place.

So what about those people who are not happy with Islamic extremists killing children in Manchester and are also not happy with US police murdering a black man?

I agree in principle and those things you mentioned are there and are objectionable (though as you say, some edit certain things out or don’t really implement them in practice - I’ve known Muslims who drink, for example, even though alcohol is supposed to be banned by Islam as well).

It is curious how Islam has been taken up by the PC left as a sort of protected category, on par with other pet causes, even as officially Islam is diametrically opposed to most of the standard left agenda (gay marriage, transgenderism, etc., to name just two). I guess they simply see them as a convenient minority within the West they can use as needed to bash the right, while overlooking things like repression of women, honor killings, executions of homosexuals, anti-Semitism, etc. in actual Muslim-ruled countries (things the Left would never countenance if they occurred in their own countries, and rightly so).

That's actually true**

There's two other elements in the UK though - we still have strong connections with all the old Soviet bloc regimes & with old Marxist liberation movements, most of which are now more about religion or ethnic identity than Marx. And we don't want to criticise our friends.

Plus there's always the worry that any criticism of things connected to a minority could escalate into attacks on that minority. Although ignoring real problems does the same thing, it would be the attackers who got the blame for it. We'd be like slow drivers causing a pile up behind us because someone going faster had to slam their breaks on.

**ish - life is always over-determind.

This is the problem with cancel culture, it’s not about the artist or whoever the target is. It’s about the people doing the dragging. It makes them feel good and morally superior to drag someone else and they do so blindly no matter what. Morrissey posts something pro black lives matter and be still gets dragged because people put their own ego and sense of wanting to feel superior above the actual message of something good. This is why you can’t take people like Skinny seriously. They don’t actually care about things like social justice or in this case BLM. They care about their own ego and their own ability to feel superior.

The black Radio 1 presenter Clara Amfo said the George Floyd thing was affecting her mental health. She spent so long crying about the poor man that she had to take time off work.

How come blacks don't care about how brutal the police forces are in the West Indies and Africa? In these places they would just shoot someone like Floyd instantly - probably after spending a few days torturing him back at the nick.

But more importantly how do blacks like Clara Amfo think white people feel when so frequently they hear of horrific crimes perpetrated against whites by blacks?

She saw footage of the man being murdered in front of crowds who were pleading for the man's life.

I cried about Grenfell because I'd been watching a family live streaming on Facebook from the top floor & they died.

Morrissey gets upset watching PETA footage.

Sometimes things get to people.

This is the problem with cancel culture, it’s not about the artist or whoever the target is. It’s about the people doing the dragging. It makes them feel good and morally superior to drag someone else and they do so blindly no matter what. Morrissey posts something pro black lives matter and be still gets dragged because people put their own ego and sense of wanting to feel superior above the actual message of something good. This is why you can’t take people like Skinny seriously. They don’t actually care about things like social justice or in this case BLM. They care about their own ego and their own ability to feel superior.

Some people hated him before all this, for other reasons. Like money. Or his waspish sulks. Or because he's insulted nearly everything & everyone on the planet apart from Sandie Shaw, Nancy Sinatra & Twinkle.

She saw footage of the man being murdered in front of crowds who were pleading for the man's life.

I cried about Grenfell because I'd been watching a family live streaming on Facebook from the top floor & they died.

Morrissey gets upset watching PETA footage.

Sometimes things get to people.
Clara Amfo grew up in a privileged and wealthy white area (Kingston upon Thames) to rich parents and has no idea about the plight of those who live in the poor black ghettos of the US.

She was crying because of her own guilt.

As a cod-psychologist who often offers me an analysis you should know this.

To anyone interested in the truth (not the hype).

floyd.jpg
).

Sad that the death of George Floyd has been hijacked. His death demonstrated the problem of police brutality - which is a subject we should all care about.

Sad too that the same SJW agitators won't be happy until the UK descends into rioting and looting. Yet the facts are against them - of deaths in police custody over the last 10 years: 140 were white, 13 were black, and 10 were from other minority ethnic groups. We should mourn every one of those deaths - not pick out 1 or 2.

To anyone interested in the truth (not the hype).

View attachment 56900).

You're nothing but hype Reel.

Nothing in his background changes the fact that he was not a danger to the police when they killed him.

And the media & the public doing their usual hero & villain routine over a big news story doesn't make your alternative story - that black men are more violent & deserve to be killed - any less disgusting.

Clara Amfo grew up in a privileged and wealthy white area (Kingston upon Thames) to rich parents and has no idea about the plight of those who live in the poor black ghettos of the US.

She was crying because of her own guilt.

As a cod-psychologist who often offers me an analysis you should know this.

I wrote that some things get to people.

I didn't write that she was crying because she's poor & underprivileged.

But obviously the real victim of oppression is you, Reel. Poor little you. Reduced to the status of a bum.

I wrote that some things get to people.

I didn't write that she was crying because she's poor & underprivileged.

But obviously the real victim of oppression is you, Reel. Poor little you. Reduced to the status of a bum.
You like to analyse me but not a wonderful black person, oh no. You lefties are an embarrassment these days.

Lefties all over the place are supporting a violent drug addict who robbed and threatened to kill a pregnant woman in her own home.

That, under any context, is woke insanity.

As I've stated so many times (because it's painfully obvious), the inherent self-pity of the racist precludes them from fathoming that a person could feel genuine empathy for another human being.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom