The next single: Istanbul - May 21st

Re: The Next single: Istambul - may 21st

The preview clip sounds soooooo good, the voice reminds me the style of you are the quarry, very good, can't wait to hear the live version

I think this preview clip tells us that in the end, as always, the music will win through. A position of 83 for WPINOYB should easily be eclipsed by this, a far superior song, in my opinion. I get the feeling that the consensus will be that this is indeeed a superior song, and should do far better, sales-wise. If it's good, people will buy it.

P.

Where do you see the release date?
World Peace came out the 13th, this one should come out this week then, and the third one next week.
A week after that Vauxhall is rereleased.
Then there is a six-weeks gap till the new album release. Seems a bit strange.

Can't access iTunes USA store so only got the tiny preview clip...sounds strong. Encouraging that the music is different enough in style and in chord changes to recent albums and the vocal melody different too....production sounds fantastic. What a good album this is shaping up to be. I hope it gets the critical and commercial recognition it deserves if indeed it does prove to be wonderful.

If it sells modestly, well...we will always clutch it close to us and Moz can keep raking it in from live performance anyway!

I think this preview clip tells us that in the end, as always, the music will win through. A position of 83 for WPINOYB should easily be eclipsed by this, a far superior song, in my opinion. I get the feeling that the consensus will be that this is indeeed a superior song, and should do far better, sales-wise. If it's good, people will buy it.

P.

^^What he said. I abso-flipping-lutely adore this clip. This is more what I was hoping for.

So obviously I only heard the brief preview snippet on iTunes New Zealand and all I can say is…wow.

This is going to be a great album.

Steady on everyone. All this enthusiasm for a good piece of music may well give people the wrong impression of this site. You know, the one that is relentlessly negative, a hate-site, etc. Detractors may choose to look the other way while some users extol a new Morrissey release.

P.

Can someone upload the preview clip? I don't have iTunes on my laptop.

Thanks for the promo video and mp3 FWD. :)

. If it's good, people will buy it.
P.

It's not quite as simple as that, sadly. Your Arsenal is, by consensus, one of his best ever albums, yet it sold the fewest copies. You Have Killed Me is a so-so single off an average album yet it's the closest he's ever come to a number 1 single (in sales terms). Song quality is obviously important but it counts for nothing if radio stations don't play it, and if it gets released in a confused muddle of new songs (as is currently happening). Hopefully, radio stations will get behind Istanbul but there's no guarantee, and if they don't it will do hardly any better than World Peace.

It's not quite as simple as that, sadly. Your Arsenal is, by consensus, one of his best ever albums, yet it sold the fewest copies. You Have Killed Me is a so-so single off an average album yet it's the closest he's ever come to a number 1 single (in sales terms). Song quality is obviously important but it counts for nothing if radio stations don't play it, and if it gets released in a confused muddle of new songs (as is currently happening). Hopefully, radio stations will get behind Istanbul but there's no guarantee, and if they don't it will do hardly any better than World Peace.

Well there is that, but the reaction I see on this site makes me think, on a consensual basis, that this has a quality that will make people want to buy the full product in a way that WPINOYB did not. He's had lean times - I take the point about Arsenal, but we're in a situation here where the fans are begging for quality, in a way that Kid's A Looker &c didn't deliver. I see a consensus here that Istanbul, or what we hear of it, does fulfil that need.

P.

Last edited:
Just downloaded via Amazon.co.uk

Upon first listen, this is my review:
Lyrically wonderful.
Musically mesmerising.
Rich, rich sound.
Aggressive, but melodic - dream like.
Takes you away to another place.
His voice is a cradle.
Morrissey's best song in a decade, without doubt.

Back
Top Bottom