The Official General Election Thread

Yes result I have awoken to find my new local mp is Caroline Lucus for the green party. Bloody brilliant like I have believed fro a long time now Brighton the best city in England a little green spot in an ugly sea of blue.

This certainly is brilliant news. At last a Green MP! I might have to move to Brighton :)

I managed to last until 1.00 am then dragged myself out of bed at 7.00 this morning dreading hearing the words ‘Conservative victory’. The next few weeks are going to be very interesting…....

But a Green MP in Parliament is truly historical, just the beginning, and something to celebrate.

Congrats to the people of Brighton for voting in the Greens. Excellent stuff.Best thing about this election.

I'm afraid Gordon has to go. I bet he won't though

My so-called northern town has gone blue after years of Labour, I'm appalled at such turncoats.

Brighton here I come.

My so-called northern town has gone blue after years of Labour, I'm appalled at such turncoats.

Brighton here I come.

...Have you moved away from Cas?

It's massively Labour!

Brighton here I come.
*chanting* Scotland! Scotland! Scotland! You know where you are welcome...!

I had lots of fun last night with the folks on this thread that stayed up - just think, we may get to do it ALL again within the year, hooray!

Brown today was pitiful. Actually felt sorry for him. He knew what was coming, although probably not as full on from Cameron. Now Clegg is going to be groomed by the sleazy older (looking) man for his own means before he's had his use of his arse.

Oh and it might have been tiredness but I was a bit tearful at 3am when I saw this: Glasgow tells the fascists where to go....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/scotland/8666697.stm

Proud to be Scottish.

On a similar, if less visual note, this from the BBC rolling text news thing http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/election2010/liveevent/

1900: The British National Party has seen its representation on Barking and Dagenham Council in east London wiped out, says BBC political correspondent Ross Hawkins. It had been the second biggest party there, but all 12 of its councillors lost their seats. In Epping Forest the party lost three councillors, in Sandwell it lost two, in Leeds one BNP councillor was voted out. At the general election its share rose to 1.9% as it polled over half a million votes. But in Barking the party leader Nick Griffin managed only third place, and saw his share of the vote fall.​
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/england/8668885.stm

It also saw one of the few rises in the Labour vote.

It is great to see the common, working class voters of Barking turning out to tell the BNP loudly to f**k off!

Dave

What's the difference between The fat wonkie eyed f**ker Nick Griffin and a bus?

A bus has got seats.

Very good!

This video from last night will make you hate him more (if thats possible)

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.takebackparliament.com/

For those who are interested.....

Message from Billy Bragg Am I right to feel pleased that the people have ignored the fear-mongering of the Tory press and voted for a hung parliament? Lets not let Murdoch & Co bully us into a minority Tory adminstration over the weekend. A coalition of reformist pressure groups is calling for mass demonstrations tomorrow to put pressure on th...e LibDems to hold out for PR while the horses are being traded behind closed doors. I will be attending the event in Trafalgar Square at 2pm. Wear something purple - the colour of the franchise - and come out onto the streets across the country to push for a reform parliament. Details below

Take Back Parliament
www.takebackparliament.com
This Parliament does not represent us. We demand fair votes now. There must never again be an election under this broken system.

Question from abroad:

Why would the LibDems support Cameron even though the tories are against electoral reform?

Conservertives got the highest seats, as simple as that.

Lib Dems are desparate to be in the power.

Conservertives got the highest seats, as simple as that.

Lib Dems are desparate to be in the power.

But their only chance to get back into power someday would be a fairer voting system? Fairness, a british virtue, innit???

Or could anyone believe Labour and Tories would form a coalition or Cameron relying for occassional support from either of the other parties?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom