The Official General Election Thread

Question from abroad:

Why would the LibDems support Cameron even though the tories are against electoral reform?

A deal might be made where the Tories offer a referendum on electoral reform, the specifics of which agreed upon across all parties, with the stipulation that the they are allowed to campaign against it.

They will also surely offer cabinet positions to the Lib Dems, including Cable as chancellor. However, the Lib Dems may prefer to stay out the firing line and come to compromises on policy instead and let the Tories govern as a minority.

It would also be seen as hypocritical of Clegg to not try and thrash out a deal with the tories considering the tories got the most votes.

Thank you, Shaw! I was thinking more in the direction of a reform "from above" without a referendum and a price the tories should pay for being tipped to power by the LibDems.

And its ok not to go into the political bed if you`re interests are not covered ... trident euro etc. The tories would have to give something to the LibDems. A referendum sounds a bit vague to me

Moz vote versus (UK vote) ie as per earlier main page poll

Labour 31% (29%)
Tories 19% (36%)
Liberal Democrats 8% (23%)
Greens 11% (1%)
BNP 15% (2%)

I passed out on the sofa some stage around 2.30 after 5 bottles of Hobgobblin... Just woke up. Looks like the exit polls were about right.
Peter Robinson loosing was funny. And Lembit Opik.
Ed Balls saved his skin... lucky so-and-so.

Good to see the BNP came nowhere in Barking, or Stoke, or anywhere.

Does anyone know why non of the Manchester seats have been announced? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/election2010/results/constituency/f35.stm

Interesting few days of horse trading ahead...

Dave

Dave
As an ex pat of Manchester, I was watching on BBC online (do you need a licence to view that:thumb:) and fortunately for me being in Boston, USA it was 2am my time when the results from Manchester came through and I kept wondering why Manchester results hadn't come through:confused:

At least the BNP got wasted in Moston, half the vote they got last year in the local election

Defending themselves from what? A bunch of middle aged bigots using their right to free speech?
I would be furious if someone spat at me! Do you know what diseases you can catch from spit?
Race is irrelevant here...spitting is vile.
Yes you are right spitting is vile but I think the video of the event shows that the BNP councillor was out of order...the kicking he gives the kid that spat is much worse and he is the one in a position of office...

Fortunately he wasn't re-elected yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^^hilarious:lbf:

Anyway, I'm sick to death of Tory and.... well just Tory, to tell you the truth.

YAY!!!!
George Galloway lost in THIRD place.
HA HA!!

You don't have to be racist to not enjoy

Defending themselves from what? A bunch of middle aged bigots using their right to free speech?
I would be furious if someone spat at me! Do you know what diseases you can catch from spit?
Race is irrelevant here...spitting is vile.

Racially motivated taunting/language is considered a hate crime. It is not freedom of speech.
Why would anyone spit at you? Are you a BNP member? Do you stand in the street, surrounded by burly security and taunt racist abuse at teenagers?

I wish those kids had gotten the better of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
There you go again, advocating violence of any ilk when it suits you, but decrying it when it doesn't

How hypocritical is that? You are either/or but you can't be both

Racially motivated taunting/language is considered a hate crime. It is not freedom of speech.
Why would anyone spit at you? Are you a BNP member? Do you stand in the street, surrounded by burly security and taunt racist abuse at teenagers?

Ok so a muslim extremist is preaching in London and a skinhead goes over and spits in his face.....is this okay?

I admire your very noble hatred of the BNP Lainey (you like posting about it enough) but this is not a race issue for me. The Asians were asked to leave (after walking over giving it the big I am all chavved up) and responded by spitting.....

Last edited:
There you go again, advocating violence of any ilk when it suits you, but decrying it when it doesn't

How hypocritical is that? You are either/or but you can't be both
Didn't you watch the video? It very clearly shows a middle aged BNP councillor is taunting the teenagers, wanting to provoke a reaction.The teenager spits at him and then the councillor and his bouncers all run down the street after him.
You can very clearly see the middle aged councillor kick the lad in the head when he's kneeling on the floor and then punch and kick the other lad repeatedly while he's lying on the ground.

Ok so a muslim extremist is preaching in London and a skinhead goes over and spits in his face.....is this okay?
If the muslim is verbally abusive to the lad.

I admire your very noble hatred of the BNP Lainey (you like posting about it enough) but this is not a race issue for me. The Asians were asked to leave (after walking over giving it the big I am all chavved up) and responded by spitting.....

I WILL post as much as I like!!!!! Put me on ignore!
The BNP councillor provoked them. I guess you can't see that.

Erm thats unfair - I posted the videos. I don't agree with your viewpoint to be honest but in the interest of not shoving my politics down your throat I will agree to disagree. Whether they are entitled to free speech or not I am delighted that the BNP support fell apart this election and pleased that the people who this councillor represented voted with their feet on the issue.

Erm thats unfair - I posted the videos. I don't agree with your viewpoint to be honest but in the interest of not shoving my politics down your throat I will agree to disagree. Whether they are entitled to free speech or not I am delighted that the BNP support fell apart this election and pleased that the people who this councillor represented voted with their feet on the issue.
I too am pleased they fell apart so we do agree on something.

Spit on someone, you deserve what you get. Black, white, yellow or brown, doesn't matter. Spitting on someone is vile.

This was my point but lil miss sensitive Lainey felt the urge to twist what I said and make it about race....

This was my point but lil miss sensitive Lainey felt the urge to twist what I said and make it about race....

eh!!! So you are bringing gender into this? erm....Little Miss Attitude. Go and and paint your nails like a good girl. Don't you worry your pretty little head about politics, leave it to us men.:rolleyes:

Can't believe I voted Lib Dem now, I'm off to Amsterdam this weekend and the women in the shop windows whore themselves less.

Expenses scandal and now this unedifying spectacle of faceless individuals running around massaging each other's egos. "In the national interest"

Will they ever learn? Truly f***ing pissed off with it all. Tories won the biggest share of the vote, they got the most seats let them form the government. If this Rainbow Coalition comes into fruition again the British will be lumbered with a PM none of us had the opportunity to scrutinise. Ah but we live in a Parliamentary democracy scream the constitutionalists. Yet the whole election was about personalities and those leader debates. What a mess.

Back
Top Bottom