the OFFICIAL world cup 2010 thread

:lbf:

I have a small, very hairy dog who is very opinionated, and who has sat through several matches. I'm gonna ask him what he thinks...

I want Spain to win(my uncle is Spanish)and also because the Dutch players play unfair,kicking in the chest etc.This is all they did in this 1st half.Stupid idiots.I hope they lose.

For my birthday my friend gave me this with a Morrissey ticket inside. My thermometer's husband kinda ruined the show :mad: but the fortune-telling octopus deffo makes up for it. :rofl:

4784465324_a8d295ed50.jpg

Dutch players were brutal. Ref could have sent off two in the first half, but to try to keep the game alive he was lenient.
In extra time Spain the better team, and deserved the win.
Not a great match, but the right result.

Dutch players were brutal. Ref could have sent off two in the first half, but to try to keep the game alive he was lenient.
In extra time Spain the better team, and deserved the win.
Not a great match, but the right result.

:clap:

This exactly.

Webby and his team had a strong game, am proud to be a ref today :p

Spain def deserved to win it.

Was that Kung-Fu panda out there last night in the First half?

I agree that the right team won, another poor World Cup final though and not too sure about Webb's refereeing .

He didn't have much choice in awarding the cards but feasibly Puyol could have gone at the end of normal time, the Spanish scored from what should have been a Dutch corner (hence the protests that led to Heitinga's second yellow) and De Jong or Van Bommel would have been sent off in any other match. I realise he couldn't ruin the spectacle but...

Maybe they need to bring in 10 minute sinbins like in rugby

And one last thing ;Thomas Mueller Golden Boot winner; on account of providing more assists when did Fifa bring that in? AND CHEAT ME OUT OF MY SPONDOOLIES...

Was that Kung-Fu panda out there last night in the First half?

I agree that the right team won, another poor World Cup final though and not too sure about Webb's refereeing .

He didn't have much choice in awarding the cards but feasibly Puyol could have gone at the end of normal time, the Spanish scored from what should have been a Dutch corner (hence the protests that led to Heitinga's second yellow) and De Jong or Van Bommel would have been sent off in any other match. I realise he couldn't ruin the spectacle but...

Maybe they need to bring in 10 minute sinbins like in rugby

And one last thing ;Thomas Mueller Golden Boot winner; on account of providing more assists when did Fifa bring that in? AND CHEAT ME OUT OF MY SPONDOOLIES...

I agree that we need the ten mins sinbin- it might just help take the edge off frayed tempers before players end up getting sent off.

As for Webb, I think he did a great job in a difficult game. Yes he missed a couple of incidents but it didnt result in any bias toward either team. If he'd gone mad with the red cards and stuck to the letter of the law (something commentators seem to criticise when it happens...) then he would have been mauled by the press for ruining the spirit of the game.

Spain are the most boring team to have ever won the world cup. At least Holland tried to make it a bit entertaining by trying to kill a few of the opposition.

Sad sad news Pual the psychic octopus has retired

An octopus credited with psychic powers is to retire from making predictions following his World Cup success, his owners say.

Paul will go back to his old job "making children laugh", a spokeswoman for the German aquarium said.

The octopus correctly predicted the outcomes of all seven of Germany's games plus the Spain-Netherlands final.

As a reward, aquarium staff presented him with his very own replica World Cup trophy garnished with his favourite food - mussels.

Tanja Munzig, of the Sea Life Aquarium in the western German city of Oberhausen, said they had received offers for Paul but he was not for sale.

"There are a lot of offers for Paul from betting offices and other areas. One thing is clear: Paul is staying with us," she said.

She added he would now "step back from the official oracle business".

"He won't give any more oracle predictions - either in football, or in politics, lifestyle or economy. Paul will get back to his former job, namely making children laugh."

Paul made his uncanny predictions for each game by choosing a mussel from one of two jars bearing the flags of World Cup opponents.

The two-year-old cephalopod quickly became a worldwide celebrity.

Seemingly unimpressed with his star status, Paul at first ignored the golden trophy - adorned with three mussels - placed in his tank.

But after several minutes he finally picked off a mussel and devoured it in front of TV cameras.

The final was played on Saturday. That's how you play a final. We lost, by one little goal, but that's a good final right there.
Besides, in my mind we won 2-0 because Argentina didn't manage one single goal against Germany, and they were so full of it saying Uruguay was going to lose 8-0 on Saturday.
That's how you play against Germany ;)

An octopus credited with psychic powers is to retire from making predictions following his World Cup success, his owners say.

Paul will go back to his old job "making children laugh", a spokeswoman for the German aquarium said.

The octopus correctly predicted the outcomes of all seven of Germany's games plus the Spain-Netherlands final.

As a reward, aquarium staff presented him with his very own replica World Cup trophy garnished with his favourite food - mussels.

Tanja Munzig, of the Sea Life Aquarium in the western German city of Oberhausen, said they had received offers for Paul but he was not for sale.

"There are a lot of offers for Paul from betting offices and other areas. One thing is clear: Paul is staying with us," she said.

"He won't give any more oracle predictions - either in football, or in politics, lifestyle or economy. Paul will get back to his former job, namely making children laugh."

Paul made his uncanny predictions for each game by choosing a mussel from one of two jars bearing the flags of World Cup opponents.

Seemingly unimpressed with his star status, Paul at first ignored the golden trophy - adorned with three mussels - placed in his tank.

But after several minutes he finally picked off a mussel and devoured it in front of TV cameras.

:love:

Hahaha!

He's been one of the most entertaining things about this particular world cup...snore.

Having said that, seeing Torres in a L'pool scarf fills me with hope :pray:

The final was played on Saturday. That's how you play a final. We lost, by one little goal, but that's a good final right there.
Besides, in my mind we won 2-0 because Argentina didn't manage one single goal against Germany, and they were so full of it saying Uruguay was going to lose 8-0 on Saturday.

A very good game indeed. With the final shot off the crossbar no less!

Spain are the most boring team to have ever won the world cup. At least Holland tried to make it a bit entertaining by trying to kill a few of the opposition.

Perhaps if everyone stopped playing 10 defenders against Spain it might be different.

Boring..........lol.

Aye but you also cheated against Ghana.

Tags
football hornets soccer vulvazelas
Back
Top Bottom