the OFFICIAL world cup 2010 thread

Oh yes. I have money on both Holland and Germany. And the local paper is doing a 2 for 1 offer at several restaurants. All of which means if Germany or Holland win the World cup, the family Finan get a feed up for free. And that's alliteration, f***ers! Get in!

P.

According to the oracle octopus, Spain will beat Germany on Wednesday.

oops, I thought the game was on Thursday.

Last edited:
According to the oracle octopus, Spain will beat Germany on Thursday.

Maybe they will but the World Cup semi-final is on Wednesday.... I hope Spain win tomorrow but a Holland v Germany final would be pretty memorable. Spit the Dog and Bob Carolgees will be there (Italia '90!)

Oracle octopus got it wrong in Euro 2008. He had Germany to beat Spain in the final.

Wanna hear something weird? My friend teaches kindergarten. Every year her classroom has to pick a country and the kids all dress up like the people from that country. For the last 7 years it was the Netherlands, they wore braided wigs and clogs. :straightface: So this year her classroom was changed around and she picked South Africa, a corner of the room was dedicated to Table Mountain and the World Cup.

My fictional money is on the Dutch winning.

Okay can we go now?

Just this morning, I was lamenting the near absence of long range strikes this tournament only to be treated several hours later to not one but two thunderbolts by Van Bronckhorst and Forlan respectively. Funny how that works. Just in case, I'll be sure to set my sights just a little bit higher tomorrow morning. And I'll report back dutifully if Salma Hayek does burst through my door, and declares her undying love and devotion to me.

Notwithstanding, hopefully the game will open up for both Germany and Spain tomorrow. Can't wait. :yum:

According to the oracle octopus, Spain will beat Germany on Thursday.

The German team has youth, discipline and a winning strategy on their side; they are playing very well and seem to be gathering strength.

Spain has been a bit lackluster, and though I hate to disagree with an oracular octopus, I think Germany will prevail. I hope the "Free Paul the Octopus" campaign at least wins him a larger tank (with more toys) - he deserves that much.

I'm hoping for a Germany v Netherlands game - they seem to be very well-matched.

It's going to be 100 degrees (fahrenheit) here this afternoon, and if there's a blackout during the game, there will be hell to pay...

At long last we're going to have a new World Cup winner!

And not wishing to dismiss France or England's past glory but they did win the competition when hosting it! So did Argentina but at least they/ Maradona proved in 86 they could do it in another country.

Hope the Dutch do it but wouldn't be too upset if Spain win either.

Question: Johan Cruyff is revered in both the Netherlands and Catalonia. And he is truly worshipped in Barcelona. Are Catalans supporting Spain in the final or will they be going Dutch? (I'm assuming from the amount of Barca players in the Spanish team they will be going for Espana?)

At long last we're going to have a new World Cup winner!

And not wishing to dismiss France or England's past glory but they did win the competition when hosting it! So did Argentina but at least they/ Maradona proved in 86 they could do it in another country.

Hope the Dutch do it but wouldn't be too upset if Spain win either.

Question: Johan Cruyff is revered in both the Netherlands and Catalonia. And he is truly worshipped in Barcelona. Are Catalans supporting Spain in the final or will they be going Dutch? (I'm assuming from the amount of Barca players in the Spanish team they will be going for Espana?)

Of course, I'm supporting Barçaspaña!!!! :p And I love Paul the octopus!!!:bow: :rofl:

I thought Germany of all teams would go toe to toe against Spain instead of putting 10 men behind the ball. Alas...

During the pregame show in America, the announcer used the word "pressurized." I was all :love:.

Too bad that the only decent Polish players play for Germany :( :piotr Trochowski,Podolski and Miroslaw Klose.

Last edited:
Tags
football hornets soccer vulvazelas
Back
Top Bottom