The Primitives back on tour

CharlieFairhead

Loweringthetonesince1974
I'm really chuffed about this, nostalgia perhaps but a great band all the same.
Here are the 2010 dates:
April 17 - Southampton Joiners
April 18 - Bristol Thekla
April 20 - Manchester Moho Live
April 21 - York Fibbers
April 22 - Glasgow Stereo
April 23 - Leeds Brudenell Social Club
April 25 - Wolverhampton Little Civic
April 26 - Leamington Spa Assembly
April 27 - Oxford Academy 2
April 28 - London Scala
She's still lovely too.

primitives02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, love to see them again!

I saw them in August 88, but their support Birdland ruined my hearing.

Last edited:
great news - thanks for posting.
oddly, I've been meaning to buy a compilation of theirs the last few months. think I had their first studio album and seem to recall it had 4 or 5 really good songs. their later stuff was a bit disappointing but not sure I heard it all.
she seems like a splendid lady in that clip - never heard her speak before.
and of course Morrissey gave them a huge endorsemant by wearing their t-shirt live on several occasions...

Does anyone else remember the Pete Tweedy cat abuse case? Also - about Birdland - I still have Hollow Heart. Very much a gimmick band, with their bleached moptops, and MC5 tuneage. But I liked them.

Peter

Does anyone else remember the Pete Tweedy cat abuse case? Also - about Birdland - I still have Hollow Heart. Very much a gimmick band, with their bleached moptops, and MC5 tuneage. But I liked them.

Peter

Nope, I didn't know Pete Tweedie abused a cat. :(

So this means their album "Lovely" will get the remastered Deluxe treatment next? Well, about time as it has been out of print for years. I still got the original CD (smug).

thanks for the post,i booked my ticket straightaway,i have a number of cds by the primitives and i never thought i would get to see them live,i do not think its nostlagia,its just people playing great music,good music is timeless

I saw them support Echo & The Bunnymen in 1988 at The Free Trade Hall:guitar:
A good friend of my brothers, Paul Sampson, (lived across the road from us) produced them and then played guitar for them / toured with them on their second album.
He was in the Coventry band 'The Reluctant Stereotypes' supporting the Specials and Selecter on many occasions. Paul King was lead singer and went on to form 'King'!:eek:

I liked Birdland too:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Just messing about on t'internet and found out that The Prmitives are touring in the UK in April! :D

Just bought a ticket for York, get in!!

Check dates at primitives-tour.com.

Thanks mate, we're well informed about The Primitives.

Last edited:
D'oh! Should read these pages a bit more often.

Still excited (which I really shouldn't be). Went to see them twice before on 6th Nov 1989 (Newcastle) and 9th Nov 1989 (Sheffield) and look forward to York.

Last edited:
My partner wanted to go see them on this tour - it was the first band he ever saw (Motherwell Civic Theatre - only 5 folk in crowd).

The cat issue has put a MASSIVE spanner in the works though - how sad.:tears:

well, the comeback tour has begun (Southampton on Saturday night) but I haven't managed to find any reviews yet.
However, I have found a setlist.
  1. I'll Stick With You
  2. Dream Walk Baby
  3. Everything's Shining Bright
  4. Thru The Flowers
  5. Way Behind Me
  6. Empathise
  7. Summer Rain
  8. Need All The Help I Can Get
  9. Stop Killing Me
  10. Sick Of It
  11. Crash
  12. Buzz Buzz Buzz
  13. You Are The Way
  14. (We've) Found A Way (To The Sun)
  15. Nothing Left
  16. Really Stupid

Looks good to me. Really pleased they're playing Empathise - one of my absolute all-time favourites.

Back
Top Bottom