The Silly Politics Thread

Chartres

Politics is mainly dull but there's a lot of fun things as well, don't you think?

For example the party who want to dig a cannal between Skåne and the rest of Sweden because they don't like the skånish. And the Skånish party who want a free Skåne so they plan to dig a cannal to seperate themselfs from the rest of us.

Is it only us swedes who are incredibly silly or do you have anything similair atyour place? Please share it. Or anything that's silly about boring politicians.

Cheers

Sure this will be a great thread :D I wonder if anything will beat the plan about sperating Skåne from Sweden.

Not as funny as the Skåne thing, but still silly. Wouter Bos, leader of the Dutch opposition, went to vote on Wednesday in the general election and was turned away as he forgot to bring his voting card! What a lemon.

Not as funny as the Skåne thing, but still silly. Wouter Bos, leader of the Dutch opposition, went to vote on Wednesday in the general election and was turned away as he forgot to bring his voting card! What a lemon.
Hihi, that must have been a embarrasing moment for him.. and laughable for the rest;)

Yeah, the farmers party leader made this mistake as well so she had to send someone to pick it up for her:).

Politics isn't boring!

And even if it was, it's all about your life so you have to take an interest and get involved! "If you don't vote, don't bitch" :cool:

Spot the PPE student.

But yeah, okay. Funniest thing to happen recently in British politics? David 'call me Dave - I'm just like you' Cameron. :mad: Edwina Currie had more of a Prime Minister in her than Cameron ever will! :mad:

Someone once said that politicians reflect the mentality of people they represent - and you will know how silly our politicians are once you get a glimpse of "our" people.

A few years ago a vast majority of (mainly elderly) citizens around here were addicted to a certain soap opera. The level of addiction was so high that you could barely see people on the streets while it was on TV, everyone was talking about it, not a single conversation with any older relative could have gone through without them making comparison to the soap and what goes on in it. At some point the main character fell into some trouble and was arrested (in the show, not in real life). Not only people went to church to pray for this character and contacted media in distress, they also wrote to the Prime Minister urging him to do whatever in his power to get this character out of trouble and they even collected plenty of money for a lawyer!

May I also point out that we're in Europe and the soap was somewhere in Venezuela? Well ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom