The Smiths added to iTunes

Good news whether you hav all the albums already though right? It's strange to think of it but there will be people who discover The Smiths long after that non-particular Thursday when we are no longer here.

I noticed that I could add the album artwork to most of my smiths stuff a month or two ago, but not rank, louder than bombs or hatful of hollow. Also can't find the artwork to morrissey live at earls court for some reason:confused:

If there's no Rank, Louder Than Bombs or Hatful Of Hollow, it may well be the remastered audio from the LPs and MP3 from last year because only the four studio albums had been made available then. I'd bet that what is offered at iTunes is the same files that were given away with the LPs.

Stephane

Hmm... I never even realised The Smiths weren't on iTunes. I just assumed they must be on it, especially as I've downloaded Morrissey from there before. This would certainly explain why I wasn't able to download the artwork for The Smiths' album covers though.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there was some kind of convoluted reason why it's taken so long for The Smiths to get up there (such as with The Beatles)? Or are they just not seen as important enough to bother with? (Although I'm obviously somewhat biased in my opinion, I find it hard to believe the latter to be the case.)

I noticed that I could add the album artwork to most of my smiths stuff a month or two ago, but not rank, louder than bombs or hatful of hollow. Also can't find the artwork to morrissey live at earls court for some reason:confused:

Why dont you just do a Google Image search, download the pic to your PC and then manually add it?

Wouldnt you want the new iPod generation to have access to these recordings? Its not like they are going out buying CD's.

Yes, but the "ipod generation" need not go on Itunes to get the songs in DL format.
Also, I urge them to buy,at least, CD as it's a complete danger all this digital. he I have lost a lot of stuff after a hard drive has died- this has happened to a number of people I know.

www.vulgarpicture.com

Yes, but the "ipod generation" need not go on Itunes to get the songs in DL format.
Also, I urge them to buy,at least, CD as it's a complete danger all this digital. he I have lost a lot of stuff after a hard drive has died- this has happened to a number of people I know.

Easy solution
You can get 1 TB external drives for under $60 or buy 2 500 GB external drives, in essence running a mirrored data center, and backup your music files.

Back
Top Bottom