The Smiths-Complete Super Deluxe Collectors Box?

Well, I guess this box is still expensive.. I'd like it has a brazilian edition which obviously won't happen.

That's approx. £85 plus postage which almost makes it almost tempting if it is limited?

I don't think that the CD set will be limited anywhere.... i noticed that there is a lot of contradiction in the various online offers (e.g. "CD Boxset + LP") and i'm wondering whether there will be any country-specific editions at all if the limitation of 1.000 for the LP box and 4.000 for the Deluxe trunk are seriously...

One thing is for sure - if the real offers online for the three boxes are indeed much cheaper compared with the Rhino-direct ones, this will be the last time i bought from Rhino directly (despite 'free wallpaper' and Win-a-guitar-contest).

After all, the CD's will be available seperately in 2012 - a Japanese Obi-Version will make sense then!

Fot the time being , I will only get the CD Box Set : it is fairly "cheap" compared to the other 2 releases and that is a great way to get the whole Smiths Catalogue in one little box which I can keep in my car and show it off:p
Cheers Moz

I don't think that the CD set will be limited anywhere.... i noticed that there is a lot of contradiction in the various online offers (e.g. "CD Boxset + LP") and i'm wondering whether there will be any country-specific editions at all if the limitation of 1.000 for the LP box and 4.000 for the Deluxe trunk are seriously...

One thing is for sure - if the real offers online for the three boxes are indeed much cheaper compared with the Rhino-direct ones, this will be the last time i bought from Rhino directly (despite 'free wallpaper' and Win-a-guitar-contest).

After all, the CD's will be available seperately in 2012 - a Japanese Obi-Version will make sense then!

Hi Stefan,

According to various web sites, the Japanese cd set appears to be the European version with obi-strip & Japanese introductory/lyrics sheets. If it isn't limited, then that makes it very expensive :eek: Looks like I'll just be buying the European version instead :p

I've still not decided what to buy and what not to buy to be honest. But I notice that if you pay the full £250 from Rhino you get this:

PLUS order now from Rhino.co.uk and get:
- an instant download of the album cover as a desktop wallpaper
- a chance to win the iconic Johnny Marr guitar - the Fender Special Edition Jaguar HH!
- 5 Runners up will win a framed designers proof of the boxset cover art​

Wait a few weeks and get the wallpaper from vulgarpicture :)
A one in 2000+ chance of winning a guitar...
Still, the framed artwork would be nice

Dave

Whilst trying to find out if the Japanese cd boxset is limited before I shell out my hard earned cash, I went to the Warner Japanese webpage seeing as they were handling the release. I couldn't find 'please translate to English' button , so had to rely on a Japanese to English translator webpage and this is their translation:

Case UK lock scene's greatest for 2,011 years, it are the first Lima stars of the Smith I appear at last!The Smith first Lima star! With a melody and the text which are beautiful for "a feeling of that reflected social conditions despair" The Smith whom I stuck into the chest of the listener. It is released eight pieces of excellent records in the first Lima star & box set by the Johnny mer supervision!

Not very helpful or makes much sense. Oh well I'll keep looking. Any help with whether this boxset is limited would be most appreciated.

I've still not decided what to buy and what not to buy to be honest. But I notice that if you pay the full £250 from Rhino you get this:

PLUS order now from Rhino.co.uk and get:
- an instant download of the album cover as a desktop wallpaper
- a chance to win the iconic Johnny Marr guitar - the Fender Special Edition Jaguar HH!
- 5 Runners up will win a framed designers proof of the boxset cover art​

Wait a few weeks and get the wallpaper from vulgarpicture :)
A one in 2000+ chance of winning a guitar...
Still, the framed artwork would be nice

Dave

Silly that they are giving away a Jaguar.....I don't think Johnny ever used one during his Smiths tenure. They should be giving away a Rickenbacker!

A mate has pointed out to me that this will be the first time that the Troy Tate version of Reel Around the Fountain has been officially released. I wonder if they sourced it from here http://smithsrecycle.blogspot.com/2010/10/etaatb-02-rtt136a-reel-around-fountain.html ? Or whether they have Troy's original tapes?

Dave

It shouldn't be released with Troy Tate's version of Reel Around The Fountain.
I've seen people saying this the test pressing comes with a Troy Tate session, but I don't think that's the case.

My test pressing comes with the John Peel version of Reel Around.

Whilst trying to find out if the Japanese cd boxset is limited before I shell out my hard earned cash, I went to the Warner Japanese webpage seeing as they were handling the release. I couldn't find 'please translate to English' button , so had to rely on a Japanese to English translator webpage and this is their translation:

Case UK lock scene's greatest for 2,011 years, it are the first Lima stars of the Smith I appear at last!The Smith first Lima star! With a melody and the text which are beautiful for "a feeling of that reflected social conditions despair" The Smith whom I stuck into the chest of the listener. It is released eight pieces of excellent records in the first Lima star & box set by the Johnny mer supervision!

Not very helpful or makes much sense. Oh well I'll keep looking. Any help with whether this boxset is limited would be most appreciated.

LOL!!

I read Warner Music Japan site, it doesn't say that the box set is limited edition.

So is the US limited edition of 750, or whatever it is, any different from the UK release? Or are there only a limited number for sale through US sellers?

It shouldn't be released with Troy Tate's version of Reel Around The Fountain.
I've seen people saying this the test pressing comes with a Troy Tate session, but I don't think that's the case.

My test pressing comes with the John Peel version of Reel Around.

Do not refer to the CD test presses! I think we're talking about one of the 7's, the second in row to be precise Reel Around The Fountain b/w Jeane. I do not know if this will be the TT-Version but if they really re-write the history, then it has to be.... I don't think that you have test presses of the 7's, do you?

Do not refer to the CD test presses! I think we're talking about one of the 7's, the second in row to be precise Reel Around The Fountain b/w Jeane. I do not know if this will be the TT-Version but if they really re-write the history, then it has to be.... I don't think that you have test presses of the 7's, do you?

I do have the 7" test pressing. The one I have is scanned and appears on my website www.vulgarpicture.com

It does not have a Troy Tate version there.

Passionsjustlikemine.com also says:
Reel Around The Fountain (Peel session 1983)
Jeane

UK 7" test pressing [Rough Trade RT136]

Flax, most likely you are totally right on this but i have to look this up (to ensure myself) later at home whether the Peel session version of Reel Around The Fountain was supposed to be the one released as the second single. I had in mind that this was the Troy Tate one.

For the test presses, I was refering to the the 25 x 7" of the Deluxe trunk - i don't think that test presses are available for that!

Flax, most likely you are totally right on this but i have to look this up (to ensure myself) later at home whether the Peel session version of Reel Around The Fountain was supposed to be the one released as the second single. I had in mind that this was the Troy Tate one.

For the test presses, I was refering to the the 25 x 7" of the Deluxe trunk - i don't think that test presses are available for that!

For a long time I thought it was the Troy Tate version as well, as many sources mention this.
Didn't the Record Collector magazine say that at some point? I remember reading this in many places.
But the sad truth is that it doesn't.

Tags
complete boxset deluxe boxset
Back
Top Bottom