The Smiths - Meat Is Murder misprint

JMozza34

Hello all,

Pardon me if this is a dumb question, but I snagged a copy of Meat Is Murder on vinyl for a really low price the other day. I already own an original Rough Trade version, but This one, I believe is the first U.S. Press with the custom inner sleeve. The thing that struck me odd and eventually propelled me to snag it, was the fact that "How Soon Is Now" is missing from the track list on the back, as well as missing from the lyric sheet on the inner sleeve. It is, however not missing from the track listing on the vinyl itself. Is this some kind of rare misprint copy? I have seen HSIN listed on other U.S. copies before. Again, this may be a dumb question for some but I'm just wondering if I snagged a rare bit. If I can, I'll get some pics posted later. Thanks in advance for any info you may have.

Best Wishes,
Josh

Thanks for the link, though I wasn't able to find anything out since PJLM is down for the count. Hopefully Stephane or someone who knows the collectors info and version info better than I, can shed some light on this. Any other Solo users have a copy like mine? I thought it was the rough trade original at first glance, cuz HSIN is missing but then I saw the Sire/Rough Trade logo at the bottom. If I can get to a computer I'll post some pics.

Ok. Here is a pic. Sorry it's not the best quality. As far as I know, HSIN should follow That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore in the track list. As you can see, it is not there. It looks as if there was a space for it maybe? Like I've previously stated, it's missing from the inner sleeve track and lyric sheet also, but it is listed is on the label on the actual vinyl itself. So maybe it's not as rare as I think? Anyway hopefully with some pics to go off of, someone can help me.

Best Wishes,

Josh

Attachments

• IMG_8993.JPG
    IMG_8993.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 46
It's not listed on the sleeve. See Paint A Vulgar Picture.

hi_1985_meat12_3.jpg

Ahh thank you. I only, up until recently, had the only rough trade on vinyl and the US cd release. Odd they wouldn't include it on the sleeve. Thanks none the less for the info.

Josh

Back
Top Bottom